West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

I thought it was a decent game given the conditions. Both teams had chances and I felt we deserved the win. Decent crowd given the weather.
I thought the dalry keeper today was excellent a shame for the second goal the weather played a big part and for the first goal he made a great save from the header we could have had an extra few but wasnt to be also thought the ref was a bit of a tube todaybut good to get another 3 points in the bag bring on the vics next week[emoji16][emoji1303]

I thought the dalry keeper today was excellent a shame for the second goal the weather played a big part and for the first goal he made a great save from the header we could have had an extra few but wasnt to be also thought the ref was a bit of a tube todaybut good to get another 3 points in the bag bring on the vics next week[emoji16][emoji1303]

Weather did play a part in it but that’s why keepers are coached to take it into their chests!!

Agree with the other bits. Dalry had a couple of chances in the 1st half one that’s was blazed over and the other forced a good save from Digney. One negative from this season has been that we seem to switch of defensively in games. Sometimes we get punished and at other times we get away with it, today we got punished but thankfully we were 2 goals to the good. If we have hopes of pushing for promotion we need to stop that. Onwards and upwards.

Weather did play a part in it but that’s why keepers are coached to take it into their chests!!

Agree with the other bits. Dalry had a couple of chances in the 1st half one that’s was blazed over and the other forced a good save from Digney. One negative from this season has been that we seem to switch of defensively in games. Sometimes we get punished and at other times we get away with it, today we got punished but thankfully we were 2 goals to the good. If we have hopes of pushing for promotion we need to stop that. Onwards and upwards.
Completely agree switch off too often not enough playing football on the deck, few times weve done it this season and teams cant compete with us i think if we dont go up this season but are just outside the promotion places weve had an excellent season then push for promotion next season [emoji16]

13 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

thought the ref was a bit of a tube today

Seriously?   I thought he was excellent, and I am not renowned for complimenting referees. 

He let the game flow, took the weather conditions into account, talked to players, and didn't flash the cards like most junior referees do.  Even more surprising after being told he was being assessed yesterday.  Even sent Cashmore off, which was a bonus. :):)

Seriously?   I thought he was excellent, and I am not renowned for complimenting referees. 
He let the game flow, took the weather conditions into account, talked to players, and didn't flash the cards like most junior referees do.  Even more surprising after being told he was being assessed yesterday.  Even sent Cashmore off, which was a bonus. [emoji4][emoji4]
Everytime he made a decision and went to speek to a player he waited until they walked away then shouted them back waisting time was inconsistant with similar fouls and inconsistant in deciding where they have to be taken from. I just think he wasnt that great yesterday. [emoji16]

It's "as you were" in the top three with all of their games off. Whitletts have moved up to 4th and very much in promotion contention. ("Thereporter" will be desperately seeking some sort of negative to spin about Grierson in connection with that.)

Next week sees Benburb v Whitletts Victoria (2nd v 4th) and Rossvale v Cumbernauld United (7th v 3rd). Rossvale are dropping a little behind with the fixtures through no fault of their own, but they have still only lost one game and are very much promotion and title contenders.

It's "as you were" in the top three with all of their games off. Whitletts have moved up to 4th and very much in promotion contention. ("Thereporter" will be desperately seeking some sort of negative to spin about Grierson in connection with that.)

Next week sees Benburb v Whitletts Victoria (2nd v 4th) and Rossvale v Cumbernauld United (7th v 3rd). Rossvale are dropping a little behind with the fixtures through no fault of their own, but they have still only lost one game and are very much promotion and title contenders.

We’re averaging two points per game in the 1st third of the season, if we can maintain that id be delighted. Really hard game next week away at Benburb, but we’re unbeaten in the league away from home since January, so I’m hoping we can keep that record going.

3 hours ago, 1874_MTL said:

Everytime he made a decision and went to speek to a player he waited until they walked away then shouted them back waisting time was inconsistant with similar fouls and inconsistant in deciding where they have to be taken from. I just think he wasnt that great yesterday. emoji16.png

one of the better refs we've had this season. Saying that after Lochee a man with a white stick would be an improvement. Blair unlucky with second. Cashy should know better & Marks will always be a baw bag. 

Thought the referee at our game v Whotlets yesterday was excellent - they get a hard time a lot so credit were it's due i

David Burns is his name. Had him a few times and always been decent. Heard yesterday that was his last game as he has a new job in
N. Ireland

Saturday's fixtures :-

Benburb (2nd) v Whitletts Victoria (4th)
Craigmark Burntonians (13th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (1st)
Dalry Thistle (8th) v Darvel Juniors (10th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Arthurlie (5th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Neilston Juniors (11th)
Rossvale (7th) v Cumbernauld United (3rd)
St Roch's (9th) v Girvan (14th)

Your thoughts ?

46 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Bens

Glens

Draw

Arthurlie

Kiksyth

Neilston

Rossvale

The Roch

Your thoughts ?
Home
Away
Away
Home
Draw
Away
Home
Home

Your thoughts ?
Home
Away
Away
Home
Draw
Away
Home
Home