West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Delighted with that win the day, missing 4 of our 1st choice back 5, but the young boys that came in were different class. Expected more from Dalry but they dont look the same team as last season. Always had a good young team, but look to be going down a different route signing boys coming to the end of their career

Neilston 0-0 Rossvale 

highly entertaining 0-0 

neilston finishes with 9 men mind you 

1st red from where a was looked reckless 

2nd was neva a red was right in front of us 

game was each peachy for most of it Rossvale had few of line  we had one ... obv the applied a lot of pressure 2nd half but we held them off well and we throughly deserved the point 

On another note, iv seen plenty pissed aff that they dont have linesman at their games. Well we had them the day and they were absolutely shite. No idea how many times the ref either ignored them or over ruled them.

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Neilston 0-0 Rossvale 

highly entertaining 0-0 

neilston finishes with 9 men mind you 

1st red from where a was looked reckless 

2nd was neva a red was right in front of us 

game was each peachy for most of it Rossvale had few of line  we had one ... obv the applied a lot of pressure 2nd half but we held them off well and we throughly deserved the point 

All about opinions Combine. The tackle was reckless for me. The LB tackle on the Rossvale 11 2nd half infront of the Vale dugout was horrendous and was only given a Yellow. Neilston fans round me were staggered when it was only a Yellow. To be fair to Neilston they dug in well, Big Marc in nets was more than decent. 

10 minutes ago, DanMan said:

All about opinions Combine. The tackle was reckless for me. The LB tackle on the Rossvale 11 2nd half infront of the Vale dugout was horrendous and was only given a Yellow. Neilston fans round me were staggered when it was only a Yellow. To be fair to Neilston they dug in well, Big Marc in nets was more than decent. 

What about your goalkeeper clearing out our striker when he was through on goal? The neilston fans around you were staggered that he was only given a yellow...I was one of them. All in all the referee lost control early doors of what was a good hard fought game. Handshakes at the end and your team coming back for hospitality shows there was no ill feeling,even with the amount of cards flashed by a terrible referee. Good point for us considering playing majority of game with 10 then 9 men. All the best for the rest of the season

28 minutes ago, lookinforgoals said:

What about your goalkeeper clearing out our striker when he was through on goal? The neilston fans around you were staggered that he was only given a yellow...I was one of them. All in all the referee lost control early doors of what was a good hard fought game. Handshakes at the end and your team coming back for hospitality shows there was no ill feeling,even with the amount of cards flashed by a terrible referee. Good point for us considering playing majority of game with 10 then 9 men. All the best for the rest of the season

I dont think there was any ill-feeling. Thats fitba. Ref let a few go early, then hemmed himself into a corner. I really dont think he had an option with the 2 reds. Could argueably have sent our goalie, and should certainly have sent the Neilston no 3  

8 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I dont think there was any ill-feeling. Thats fitba. Ref let a few go early, then hemmed himself into a corner. I really dont think he had an option with the 2 reds. Could argueably have sent our goalie, and should certainly have sent the Neilston no 3  

Surely if the challenge by our number 3 was that bad the linesman would have called it? Or are we paying these guys just to do a committee mans job with a uniform on? I was over the other side so can't honestly comment on how bad it was. I think when the reaction from the opposing bench is the way it was the referee had to take some action but being honest the two of them (ref and linesman) probably never seen it

Well done to Whitletts today on a good win against last seasons ADL champions. I was confident they would win but you never know as Dalry have started the season well.

getting the points on the board nice and early will hopefully help Whitletts ensure surviving in this division for another season.

6 minutes ago, lookinforgoals said:

Surely if the challenge by our number 3 was that bad the linesman would have called it? Or are we paying these guys just to do a committee mans job with a uniform on? I was over the other side so can't honestly comment on how bad it was. I think when the reaction from the opposing bench is the way it was the referee had to take some action but being honest the two of them (ref and linesman) probably never seen it

The tackle was a shocker mate.