West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Lie 1-1 neilston

farmers wernt at the races today but still left with another away point

1st half was all arthurlie 

2nd half we came out fighting and controlled   It had few half chances for the win  also denied a stonewall pen but that’s fitba 

still unbeaten on the road so far which goes long way to making sure we are still in this league nxt season 

We have not knitted yet but when u look at how the fixtures have panned out we have been a tad unlucky Rossvale benburb Cumbernauld amd glencairn are good sides , we have only played 2 piss poor teams in st rochs and Whitletts and these were the disappointing results so far but we are not far away from going on a run which will silence a lot of people on here 

10 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We have not knitted yet but when u look at how the fixtures have panned out we have been a tad unlucky Rossvale benburb Cumbernauld amd glencairn are good sides , we have only played 2 piss poor teams in st rochs and Whitletts and these were the disappointing results so far but we are not far away from going on a run which will silence a lot of people on here 

To be calling two teams pish poor is an awful statement especially wen they hv more points on the board 

2 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

But they won’t have at the end of the season and thats my opinion the same as I can say the other 4 teams are good teams 

A lot of teams still tryin to find there feet in div us included

weve had very decent start despite still hving a lot of players on holiday etc other teams will be the same ... some teams would bite your hand off at 4th bottom and stay in div 

after Scottish Cup weekend on the 29th teams will probably settle down and we will hv better idea  I feel round about then 

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Lie 1-1 neilston

farmers wernt at the races today but still left with another away point

1st half was all arthurlie 

2nd half we came out fighting and controlled   It had few half chances for the win  also denied a stonewall pen but that’s fitba 

still unbeaten on the road so far which goes long way to making sure we are still in this league nxt season 

Pretty fair assessment in my opinion. Watching the 1st half i was confident Arthurlie would go on and win by a couple of goals to spare. 2nd half Neilston pinned us back for long periods and looked like the team most likely to score a winner. I thought it was a very good game . A point apiece was the correct outcome.  

33 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

But they won’t have at the end of the season and thats my opinion the same as I can say the other 4 teams are good teams 

Fair point I thought we were piss poor against Darvel - hence we could only scrape a 1-0 win 

We are improving week on week and I doubt you will finish above us - happy to wager on it ?

- by the way you really are a smarmy tit at times

4 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Fair point I thought we were piss poor against Darvel - hence we could only scrape a 1-0 win 

We are improving week on week and I doubt you will finish above us - happy to wager on it ?

I will have a wee tenner with you, winnings to the “Invisibles”. 

Edited by Viewparker

Piss poor ???? If you look at the results they don’t lie. StRochs 1 Darvel 0 and as we are getting better as we gel I’m sure we will hand you yer arse later in the season as well. For piss poor look at yourselves

You talk some shite pal

Darvel 6 games = 0 wins

St Rochs 6 games 3 wins

You and your shite team are getting relegated

Hahahaha. We’ve been waiting on you starting this run for 6 games now. If we never threw that away against yous, we would be a point of 2nd. No bad for a piss poor team with a fraction of your budget 🤪

He's at it again, lol, only one piss poor team, every other team didn't splash the cash as much as Darvel, they're panicking, wee pie heid will have to sell more pies

Or maybe they could contact the ex pat benefactor who donated a 5 figure sum in the summer and will be doing it again every season

You must fancy your chances Saturday, still stand by what I said, money could have been better spent, you back your team, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Starting to have reservations about your manager though, good pedigree pro youth, but I think his lack of junior knowledge is the killer.

1 hour ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Aye as much as u want 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s embarrassing if you can’t beat piss poor teams, Glencairn and Whitletts should hang their heads in shame after failing to beat such a team!

Good win for the candy down at Irvine against a young Irvine side who certainly never gave up but found ourselves just a bit too good on the day.
An enjoyable visit to a nice little ground and friendly natives .
Wish them luck for the rest of the season
The goals either side of halftime gave you a platform to go on from. I thought our boys were unlucky but they just seemed to be missing a spark to get back into the game.
Spoke to a few of your lads yesterday when they were getting off the bus. Good bunch, hopefully catch up with them in the return fixture.
T