West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Where's the twist and turns of saying it's blatantly obvious Larkhall are going to be relegated with 25 games to go?

Think thats a given... but we might as well play the rest of the games and see what happens  ....  

I’m disappointed with this league this season. The restructuring has taken the competitive nature out of it. The top league seems to be the same. Hopefully it will improve but atm it’s poor.

I agree, but I've said all along that as the old Super First was always the most competitive from top to bottom that 14 teams was the way to go for all leagues. Unfortunately, the number of teams dictates otherwise.

I think the league will still be competitive, but teams will no longer go from relegation fearfuls to promotion hopefuls with three wins or the reverse with three losses, as was the case in the past.

However, I don't think you can blame the number of teams on the way the relegation contenders are shaping up.

Nobody at Glencairn is taking anything for granted. As Krfc 10 pointed out, Kilsyth Rangers made a brilliant start a couple of years ago and looked certs to go up, but ultimately didn't.

It's a good start, which is something we don't normally do, but it is nothing more than that. We have a very difficult game next Saturday away to Darvel, who no doubt will be looking to kick start their league campaign.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I’m disappointed with this league this season. The restructuring has taken the competitive nature out of it. The top league seems to be the same. Hopefully it will improve but atm it’s poor.

Give it a chance. Maybe give teams the opportunity to give young players a chance and give them game time. I also don’t completely agree with it taking out the competitive nature.

4 minutes ago, tombo said:

Who gives a feck what's happening with Carlo, Maybole, Spanks, who doesny have job? Like previous poster states, that's League One forum pish.

True, Yous can deal with that next season when yous are in it. 

Edited by iPhone