West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:
43 minutes ago, roch said:
Cracking game at St Rochs today. Dalry are a very well set out team and the two centre back who aren’t the most mobile are solid and don’t let much through them. Ref spoiled a good game with some strange decisions but a good game of football.

Why is the result of this game blank on the West Region website at the moment ?

Because I hadn't received a text with the result before I packed up the laptop and left the game I was at.

Cumbernauld were well deserving of their win despite a decent second half by Darvel. 

The Darvel keeper had at least 4 excellent saves and but for him the game would have been out of sight at HT. 

Darvel almost snatched a point late on but the keeper made a great save. . 

The ground was looking great today and the pie shop and bar were excellent. Cumbernauld is well worth a visit for those who haven’t been before. 

Cumbernauld were well deserving of their win despite a decent second half by Darvel. 
The Darvel keeper had at least 4 excellent saves and but for him the game would have been out of sight at HT. 
Darvel almost snatched a point late on but the keeper made a great save. . 
The ground was looking great today and the pie shop and bar were excellent. Cumbernauld is well worth a visit for those who haven’t been before. 

Seems to be a recurring theme, Darvel goalie motm. Hopefully the boys on the same mental wages as the rest of the shite, at least he deserves it

16 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Seems to be a recurring theme, Darvel goalie motm. Hopefully the boys on the same mental wages as the rest of the shite, at least he deserves it

You don’t know half the boys you are talking about yet you want to call them shite. Why?

You don’t know half the boys you are talking about yet you want to call them shite. Why?

We’ve had some at Whitletts, iv seen the rest, the keepers the best player in the team

The table is already in thirds. It could all change, but right now 5 or 6 teams are winning comfortably every week. The middle teams are winning v the bottom 6 but not really challenging the top 6. The bottom 6 are struggling big time, some losing catastrophically every week.

23 hours ago, DanMan said:

The table is already in thirds. It could all change, but right now 5 or 6 teams are winning comfortably every week. The middle teams are winning v the bottom 6 but not really challenging the top 6. The bottom 6 are struggling big time, some losing catastrophically every week.

Blatantly obvious after three games. Each passing marker in a 30 game league  (match day 3/5/6/10/12/15) tells it own story. They'll be dancing in the streets of Ruggy by Christmas at this rate. And Larkhall will pick up the first point at home as soon as they play Kello or Girvan in a 9-9 draw.

29 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Is that maybe because some of them haven't played them yet? It's August ffs

I agree, but my point is that the teams that kep getting beat, keep getting beat comfortably. There appears to be an obvious split. That was my point

23 hours ago, DanMan said:

I agree, but my point is that the teams that kep getting beat, keep getting beat comfortably. There appears to be an obvious split. That was my point

Don't really get this "it's only August ffs" line. The lines are already starting to be marked for who's doomed, safe and It's Party Time, we're going up.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Don't really get this "it's only August ffs" line. The lines are already starting to be marked for who's doomed, safe and It's Party Time, we're going up.

We'll see, you may be correct, but you only have to look at previous seasons when a certain team went on a run of about 8 wins in a row, and still fell short, my stats aren't perfect, just from memory lol, but "it's only August" in my opinion is justified because you never know what can happen

18 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

We'll see, you may be correct, but you only have to look at previous seasons when a certain team went on a run of about 8 wins in a row, and still fell short, my stats aren't perfect, just from memory lol, but "it's only August" in my opinion is justified because you never know what can happen

I agree. Loads of twists and turns.. just meant that their appear to be teams that are winning every week, or just getting beat by the teams around them. Some are beating teams below, but losing to teams above. Some teams are getting murdered week in week out. Seems to be quite clear lines being drawn. Could all change mind