West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

23 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

That is not what you said, you said after 3 games you knew who was going up? So what you meant was any of the top half could go up?

Cumbernauld, Rutherglen Glencairn, Rossvale, Dalry all looking handy and non relegated.

And Free the 56  at the bottom ain't playing in the same league as Auchinleck Talbot next season.

If those 4 teams who have lost 56 goals between them after 3 games what's it going to be like at say the halfway stage. Will it be 250/300 goals lost?

Just now, Krfc 10 said:

8000 at that game, there or there abouts

The official attendance at this game was 7714. It was a sixth round Scottish tie whiuch ended 2-2 , Rob Roy won the replay and went on to lift the cup. The highest ever attendance was 8876 v Broxburn in a replayed sixth round tie in 1951 . That was the first junior game I ever attended. There may well have been an even bigger crowd at a tie v Petershill in january 1959  when it is estimated that over 1000 Petershill supporters broke in , coming down from the main road , over the railway line which used to run behind the ground and  the wire fence which was no real barrier to them. That game was one of the first to be filmed for Scotsport by STV. Unfortunately the film has been lost, believed destroyed in a warehouse fire many years ago, but the result was good, a 4-0 win for Kilsyth although we lost to Carluke in the 6th round with 6300 present. I would put the absolute capacity when both ends were fully terraced at around 10 thousand. 

17 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Cumbernauld, Rutherglen Glencairn, Rossvale, Dalry all looking handy and non relegated.

And Free the 56  at the bottom ain't playing in the same league as Auchinleck Talbot next season.

If those 4 teams who have lost 56 goals between them after 3 games what's it going to be like at say the halfway stage. Will it be 250/300 goals lost?

Your wording this different everytime, first of all you said after 3 games you already knew who was going up, which I said is a ridiculous statement which it is, then it was any off the bottom 5 have no chance, now it's those 4 teams have avoided relegation? Anyhow, your entitled to your opinion whatever it is :/

30 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Your wording this different everytime, first of all you said after 3 games you already knew who was going up, which I said is a ridiculous statement which it is, then it was any off the bottom 5 have no chance, now it's those 4 teams have avoided relegation? Anyhow, your entitled to your opinion whatever it is :/

I think the gist of it is, the top half already will be pretty much the top half and vice versa. Not sure I agree but some teams look stronger than others already

Cumbernauld 1-1 neilston 

great away point for the farmers with a depleted squad 

1st half ... was fairly even with both teams having chances 

2nd half Cumbernauld had most of the. Ball but couldn’t break the farmers down with us battling superb

cunbernauld were decent side  and were great at knocking ball around but for me they need to be wee bit  more direct at times and a think it cost them today ... I’m all for nice fitba but the side wards passes bores life out me lol

Cumbernauld 1-1 neilston 

great away point for the farmers with a depleted squad 

1st half ... was fairly even with both teams having chances 

2nd half Cumbernauld had most of the. Ball but couldn’t break the farmers down with us battling superb

cunbernauld were decent side  and were great at knocking ball around but for me they need to be wee bit  more direct at times and a think it cost them today ... I’m all for nice fitba but the side wards passes bores life out me lol

I agree it was pretty even for the first 30mins but once we scored it was pretty much all Cumbernauld, we actually played the last 17 mins of the game with 10 men on the park and one of them Stefan Law was injured too and unable to do much. I’m delighted with the way we’ve started this season, and we’ve our top goalscorer still to come back from Injury too, so given the injuries we have just now within the squad it all bodes well for the rest of the season when the managers a full squad to pick from. All the best to Neilston for the rest of the season

9 minutes ago, larky9 said:
10 hours ago, iPhone said:
Shaping up to be a hard season for Larkhall, Girvan, Darvel and Craigmark.

It pains me to say it but we are doomed this season

Was at the game Saturday. To be honest, it could have been a lot worse than 6. Larkhall need to get a couple of experienced heads in ( don't know where from) and try to stay in games longer. Easy to say I know, but the game was all over in 10 mins. A few of the young lads looked like decent players, but they were all over the place in terms of shape and organisation. To be fair to them, they kept trying to play right to the end

Was at the game Saturday. To be honest, it could have been a lot worse than 6. Larkhall need to get a couple of experienced heads in ( don't know where from) and try to stay in games longer. Easy to say I know, but the game was all over in 10 mins. A few of the young lads looked like decent players, but they were all over the place in terms of shape and organisation. To be fair to them, they kept trying to play right to the end
There is a couple of good young players that came up from the 19s,but they need leadership and organising on the park,I thought by now we would've had a few experienced players in,but that hasn't happened so far,so god only knows the reason for this,it might not be a bad thing this season going down then staring again,because this season so far is a step too far

Agree totally with DM's post, if Larkhall can source two or three experienced juniors they will definitely pick up. We are in a similar position as them, only difference is that despite losing almost all our first eleven from last season we managed to keep a couple, added to them and brought in the young players. We had an indifferent preseason but our league campaign has started of better than expected and IMO the team will only improve over the season. I hope Larkhall don't get into a rut which will end up scunnering their young players, some of whom are pretty decent.
I wish them all the best for the season.
T

Saturday's fixtures :-

Benburb (7th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)

Craigmark Burntonians (9th) v Dalry Thistle (2nd)

Cumbernauld United (3rd) v Rutherglen Glencairn (1st)

Girvan (14th) v Arthurlie (10th)

Neilston Juniors (8th) v Irvine Victoria (5th)

Rossvale (4th) v Kello Rovers (15th)

St Roch's (12th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)

Whitletts Victoria (11th) v Darvel Juniors (13th)

Your thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Away

Away

Draw

Home

Home

Home

Draw

Your thoughts ?
Home
Draw
Draw
Away
Draw
Home
Home
Home

T

3 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Glencairn will be favourites on sat but we’re in with a shout if we can get some of our injured players back, it should be a cracking game

Lol, here comes the reverse psychology. :rolleyes:

You know you're confident of a win, and you know we know that. :thumsup2