West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

It’s one of the oldest clichės in football, but even after three rounds of fixtures, there are no easy games in this League. Any team that takes another as a “guaranteed three points” are in for a big wake up call. There is a lot of football to be played!!!

I'm not getting ahead of myself but we're going to win the league.
You played very well today and scored 2 good goals but a very inexperienced vics side pushed you hard and on another day, might have got a draw. Lots of football to play.

58 minutes ago, Vic Toria said:
2 hours ago, Bakkali said:
I'm not getting ahead of myself but we're going to win the league.

You played very well today and scored 2 good goals but a very inexperienced vics side pushed you hard and on another day, might have got a draw. Lots of football to play.

vics team decent considering having to totally rebuild from last season.  Best of  Luck for rest of the season 

vics team decent considering having to totally rebuild from last season.  Best of  Luck for rest of the season 
Thought Vics played some great football at times but two goals came against the run of play at time and knocked us back , particularly the 2nd.

Great pace and caused a few problems, just needed a break and a bit more experience at times.

Match Day 3 or a week later from my last Saturday's post and the league is starting to take shape. Glencairn, Cumberbauld, Rossvale and Dalry leading the top half and looking good. Truth is even after 3 games you can see who's going up and those without a parachute taking shape at the bottom. I'll leave Darvel out of it for a moment 1pt from 9 but only 5 goals conceded. Sort the goals against out and things should be okay. And now for the other bottom four basement teams, 56 lost between them. Bet if you put the back four and the goalie from each team together (20 players in total) you couldn't find a defender or goalie between the lot of them. Sorry lads but if it's that bad after 3 games you better hope that second engine doesn't give out crossing water. 

Thought Vics played some great football at times but two goals came against the run of play at time and knocked us back , particularly the 2nd.

Great pace and caused a few problems, just needed a break and a bit more experience at times.
The experience will come with games, but every games an adventure just now and our football is real entertainment at times. Haven't enjoyed the start of a season this much for years.

First visit to Kilsyth Rangers
A cracking old stadium and decent facilities
I would love to see someone invest and restore that old terrace as it's absolutely fantastic and should not be lost from the game 20180811_141804.thumb.jpg.ab40dc8e1d784864dc95c0bfd2aa6c04.jpg
Thanks for the kind words griffiti ,only trouble with having a large stadium is that it takes alot to maintain ,i read how the candy are doing some work on enclosures etc,so look forward to the return game at the james mcgrory ,cheers and all the best .

Thanks for the kind words griffiti ,only trouble with having a large stadium is that it takes alot to maintain ,i read how the candy are doing some work on enclosures etc,so look forward to the return game at the james mcgrory ,cheers and all the best .
Really enjoyed my visit today despite the result and that terrace was a real joy as not seen anything like it other than the one at Cambuslang rangers .
Our ones are just a couple of small covers to protect the natives from the eliments but it was fantastic that a few fans provided the materials and done the work for free as at our level you really do need everyone pitching in and helping out .
Well done today good side and the boy that scored 4 was lethal and a couple of his finishes were sublime.
Best of luck for the rest of the season

42 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

First visit to Kilsyth Rangers
A cracking old stadium and decent facilities
I would love to see someone invest and restore that old terrace as it's absolutely fantastic and should not be lost from the game 20180811_141804.jpg

Glad you enjoyed your visit today, although probably not the result! Won't comment on the game, enough of that else where.

We have made a lot of improvements in recent years, latest was total refurbishment of dressing rooms after an arson attack last year. Pretty certain they can now stand comparison with any others in the junior game. Before that we replaced pieshop and toilets  aabout three years ago. The terraces on the west of the tunnel were relayed about six or seven yeats back when we also removed all the old terracing behind both goals and grassed it over, it gets cut regularly. The dugouts, tunnel walls leading onto the pitch and walls in front of the terraces were rebuilt about ten years ago though unfortunately sub standard brick was used and it is spalling quite badly in some areas. Enclosure roof repainted with a sponsors name last year. It has to be one of the largest adsvertising boards in Scotland at over 300 feet long. Boundary fencing replaced on two sides of the ground as well a few years back. Club hut refurbished, we took it over in a semi derelict condition from Glasgow Rangers supporters club.

A pretty comprehensive list as I am sure you will agree, but still a few jobs we would like to do, looking forward to our visit to your own ground later in the season to see the new covered enclosures, etc. Quite a few other clubs have made improvements as well, Perthshire is looking much better than it did a few years back and the new grounds at Renfrew, Port Glasgow, etc show that despite ruimours to the contrary the junior grade is not dead just yet. It is changing but a lot of clubs are preparing for a new era, the name may change but hopefully the clubs will survive.

PS Enjoyed a chat with Tommy Flynn, recalling the games he played against us in the 1950's.

Glad you enjoyed your visit today, although probably not the result! Won't comment on the game, enough of that else where.
We have made a lot of improvements in recent years, latest was total refurbishment of dressing rooms after an arson attack last year. Pretty certain they can now stand comparison with any others in the junior game. Before that we replaced pieshop and toilets  aabout three years ago. The terraces on the west of the tunnel were relayed about six or seven yeats back when we also removed all the old terracing behind both goals and grassed it over, it gets cut regularly. The dugouts, tunnel walls leading onto the pitch and walls in front of the terraces were rebuilt about ten years ago though unfortunately sub standard brick was used and it is spalling quite badly in some areas. Enclosure roof repainted with a sponsors name last year. It has to be one of the largest adsvertising boards in Scotland at over 300 feet long. Boundary fencing replaced on two sides of the ground as well a few years back. Club hut refurbished, we took it over in a semi derelict condition from Glasgow Rangers supporters club.
A pretty comprehensive list as I am sure you will agree, but still a few jobs we would like to do, looking forward to our visit to your own ground later in the season to see the new covered enclosures, etc. Quite a few other clubs have made improvements as well, Perthshire is looking much better than it did a few years back and the new grounds at Renfrew, Port Glasgow, etc show that despite ruimours to the contrary the junior grade is not dead just yet. It is changing but a lot of clubs are preparing for a new era, the name may change but hopefully the clubs will survive.
PS Enjoyed a chat with Tommy Flynn, recalling the games he played against us in the 1950's.
It just shows how much work you guys have put into the ground and you can be very proud of your ground as it's one of those places in sure like me fans will look forward to visiting again.

23 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Ridiculous statement, it's August, lots of football to be played, especially in this league, it's a tough league which has been proven year after year

Don't be silly.

None of the top 6 are getting relegated and the bottom 6 (after a week) will not be going up this season.

And that's after 3 games. Let's see what happens over the next 7 games. That will take the league to the third way stage. Unless there's a meltdown at the top or a miracle at the bottom you can see it taking shape even at this very early stage.

In its hayday was the capacity for that terrace ?

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Don't be silly.

None of the top 6 are getting relegated and the bottom 6 (after a week) will not be going up this season.

And that's after 3 games. Let's see what happens over the next 7 games. That will take the league to the third way stage. Unless there's a meltdown at the top or a miracle at the bottom you can see it taking shape even at this very early stage.

That is not what you said, you said after 3 games you knew who was going up? So what you meant was any of the top half could go up?