West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Tombo what a start for u guys , u must be feeling sorry for us ha ha 
Nae sympathy for the Vale, you have brought it on yourselves![emoji12]
DL we are taking it one game at a time, see my previous post. If we had had your first two fixtures we might have been sitting where you guys are so am taking nothing for granted. You guys have invested a bit and look strong on paper so am expecting you to pick up soon and go on a run.
I didn't expect much at Larkhall at the weekend but won comfortably. It would seem this early on that they could be left adrift at the bottom, making it a long season ahead for them.
Don't know what went on with Kello last night, whether the game on Monday night took more out of them than they imagined or the old failing of not having their key players available for midweek away fixtures. I don't know tbh.
However we thoroughly deserved it last night and it might put a big target on us now but all it does at this early stage is boost the confidence.
T

Good highlights! Watching that, i reckon a pen could’ve been given for foul on edge of the box. Didn’t realise how quick our miss in 6 yard box lead to the pen at the other end, must’ve been about 5 seconds apart [emoji30]

4 hours ago, tombo said:
4 hours ago, Bakkali said:
Game of the season on Saturday. Ye excited? [mention=36399]tombo[/mention]

Are Cashy and Stuart Hannah still at Dalry?

Aye, Hannah & Cashy are still here. 

I am staggered at your indepth knowlege of how the Rossvale committee conducted themselves. You have a long standing problem with Rossvale Chris, but please stick to facts on an open forum, not just a blinkered opinion as to your take on things. The hub is a community facility, not Rossvale's 
Can't comment on the 'supporting/viewing' point of view but no complaints about the standard of the pitch. Good surface for both teams to play on. We should have won on performance but gave away 3 bad goals..no fault of Rossvales. As for referee, as per recent seasons, not the best and generally blew for whoever shouted the loudest. Nice honest and decent person in Gordon Moffat as manager. Think Rob Roy are missing his experience and nous!!!

8 hours ago, tombo said:

Nae sympathy for the Vale, you have brought it on yourselves!emoji12.png
DL we are taking it one game at a time, see my previous post. If we had had your first two fixtures we might have been sitting where you guys are so am taking nothing for granted. You guys have invested a bit and look strong on paper so am expecting you to pick up soon and go on a run.
I didn't expect much at Larkhall at the weekend but won comfortably. It would seem this early on that they could be left adrift at the bottom, making it a long season ahead for them.
Don't know what went on with Kello last night, whether the game on Monday night took more out of them than they imagined or the old failing of not having their key players available for midweek away fixtures. I don't know tbh.
However we thoroughly deserved it last night and it might put a big target on us now but all it does at this early stage is boost the confidence.
T

Keep it going but it’s a long season and I think ur right or at least  hope ur right regarding us , someone will pay soon 

14 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Keep it going but it’s a long season and I think ur right or at least  hope ur right regarding us , someone will pay soon 

Aye your sugar daddy will pay either the ref or the other team..

haha.

Aye your sugar daddy will pay either the ref or the other team..
haha.

Or the manager will pay with his job [emoji51] I predicted xmas, could be a lot sooner

Let me clarify the situation with regards to Huntershill. Rossvale had no input in the design of it as did any of the other Clubs represented. The Council basically said they were paying for it and they would design it. We were brought in shown the plans told that's what was being built, take it or leave it.

It did have significantly more viewing area in the plans, however there were major changes between being shown the plans and it being built none of which any of the Clubs knew about. At the one and only design meeting the Clubs were brought into, numerous things were brought up such as not enough car parking spaces, which has proven us correct, access to the site is too open meaning dog walkers let their dogs foul the grass, a cafe should have been put in, a physio suite built as a number of physios wanted to rent the facility.

There were a number of money making opportunities offered by the Clubs, which would have kept pitch costs down for the kids. The facility is losing money, as what the Clubs told the Council would happen has happened. The tennis courts are lying empty, with only occasional use. They cost £150,000 to build. The running track cost £800,000 to build, about £150,000 more than the building of the new park, and the refurb of the old one combined. The track gets used for two hours approx on a Tuesday and Thursday, and an hour on a Saturday. 

If the Club could afford its own facilities it would move, however an acre of land is about a million pounds in Bishopbriggs, if you could find a venue suitable which would allow you floodlights to make it a viable option. When most Junior teams were started land was significantly/proportionally cheaper or in some cases gifted. Building work and costs again were not at the levels they are now as they weren't tied in with strict building regulations. Therefore it was easier to build a ground then. 

Loretto, at Low Moss for instance is owned by Caledonian estates and when phase 4 of the Bishopbriggs by pass is built, that area will be re zoned, and those pitches will I'm sure go. 

Add to the purchase of the land, a minimum of £1. 5 million, then we could maybe move. 

Ultimately to answer the issues, Rossvale had no say in Huntershill, as like all Councils they just want you to pay your money whether it is sub standard or not. The person who was in control of the build has no design experience and doesn't know anything about football. 

So I hope that clears that up with the actual facts. I think the Juniors have done rather well considering the limited resources we have to work with. 

23 hours ago, valeman said:

Let me clarify the situation with regards to Huntershill. Rossvale had no input in the design of it as did any of the other Clubs represented. The Council basically said they were paying for it and they would design it. We were brought in shown the plans told that's what was being built, take it or leave it.

It did have significantly more viewing area in the plans, however there were major changes between being shown the plans and it being built none of which any of the Clubs knew about. At the one and only design meeting the Clubs were brought into, numerous things were brought up such as not enough car parking spaces, which has proven us correct, access to the site is too open meaning dog walkers let their dogs foul the grass, a cafe should have been put in, a physio suite built as a number of physios wanted to rent the facility.

There were a number of money making opportunities offered by the Clubs, which would have kept pitch costs down for the kids. The facility is losing money, as what the Clubs told the Council would happen has happened. The tennis courts are lying empty, with only occasional use. They cost £150,000 to build. The running track cost £800,000 to build, about £150,000 more than the building of the new park, and the refurb of the old one combined. The track gets used for two hours approx on a Tuesday and Thursday, and an hour on a Saturday. 

If the Club could afford its own facilities it would move, however an acre of land is about a million pounds in Bishopbriggs, if you could find a venue suitable which would allow you floodlights to make it a viable option. When most Junior teams were started land was significantly/proportionally cheaper or in some cases gifted. Building work and costs again were not at the levels they are now as they weren't tied in with strict building regulations. Therefore it was easier to build a ground then. 

Loretto, at Low Moss for instance is owned by Caledonian estates and when phase 4 of the Bishopbriggs by pass is built, that area will be re zoned, and those pitches will I'm sure go. 

Add to the purchase of the land, a minimum of £1. 5 million, then we could maybe move. 

Ultimately to answer the issues, Rossvale had no say in Huntershill, as like all Councils they just want you to pay your money whether it is sub standard or not. The person who was in control of the build has no design experience and doesn't know anything about football. 

So I hope that clears that up with the actual facts. I think the Juniors have done rather well considering the limited resources we have to work with. 

Top post mate, clear and precise regards what really happened and the aftermath. Sad the council couldn't have went the extra mile and looked at somewhere like Carluke or Port Glasgow.

Good post, nuff said[emoji106]

9 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Top post mate, clear and precise regards what really happened and the aftermath. Sad the council couldn't have went the extra mile and looked at somewhere like Carluke or Port Glasgow.

Agreed, the explanation from Valeman has the ring of truth about it, unlike some of the other comments. Staggering that the design of a facility such as this can be left to someone  with so little experience of what is really required.

I wonder how much he gets paid? Salaries for top Council jobs are out of all proportion to the abilities of the people holding them it seems from all the cockups that we  keep hearing about.

Havn't been to Port Glasgow yet, but I wouldn't say Carluke is the ideal example of a new style ground, spectators are too far away from the action and the hilltop location is a bit windswept. Renfrew is still the best so far, but nothing to beat an old style ground like our own providing that it can be properly maintained and updated as necessary.

23 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Now obviously I was not at any meetings but what I will say is I don't believe for one minute that Rossvale had no imput at all into the project and therefore failed fans of the grade by moving to a ground which was and is not fit for purpose as proved when you had to move your cup tie last season vs Pollok to Petershill Park due to your ground being unable to host such a match .

Them is the facts Danny and you know it .

Another fact is that if the buckie drinking hail hail mob that follow the Rochs had paid in to the game at Huntershill then maybe Rossvale would have the cash for some terracing

Edited by Jason King

22 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It also raises another issue Danny
Given you could not host Pollok and we have a bigger away support than them will you be looking to move our match against you from Huntershill
If not can you tell me what changes or improvements have been made since you changed venue for Pollok game in order to host safely and securely our massive travelling support .

You guys don't pay in at Huntershill anyway, so there will be no problem.

Tomorrow's fixtures :-

Arthurlie (7th) v Whitletts Victoria (14th)

Cumbernauld United (1st) v Neilston Juniors (8th)

Dalry Thistle (4th) v Irvine Victoria (2nd)

Darvel Juniors (11th) v Benburb (9th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v St Roch's (10th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Rossvale (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (3rd) v Girvan (12th)

Your thoughts ?

Tomorrow's fixtures :-
Arthurlie (7th) v Whitletts Victoria (14th)
Cumbernauld United (1st) v Neilston Juniors (8th)
Dalry Thistle (4th) v Irvine Victoria (2nd)
Darvel Juniors (11th) v Benburb (9th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v St Roch's (10th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Rossvale (5th)
Rutherglen Glencairn (3rd) v Girvan (12th)
Your thoughts ?

Away [emoji51]
Home
Home
Draw
Home
Draw
Away
Home