West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

18 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Better team lost ?? Get a grip. You wetr 3 - 1 down and Rossvale missed a 1 on 1 to make it 4. You only got into the game with a shocking penalty decision. Vale keeper has not a real save to make. A few high and wide. But deserved to win. Geis peace

Bollocks, better footballing team, a shocking penalty decision you say, you get a grip wi that statement.

You got a penalty and a deflected goal and every decision going from a referee that looked out his depth, every time a kilsyth player challenged for a ball, the amount of greetin yous done was laughable, the ref went with your outrageous shouts, I see the diver mcgladrigan that used to play for peasy hasn't changed, still good at the cheating and laughing at the crowd when he got the decisions he conned out the ref, still a terrible venue for junior football

2 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Bollocks, better footballing team, a shocking penalty decision you say, you get a grip wi that statement.

You got a penalty and a deflected goal and every decision going from a referee that looked out his depth, every time a kilsyth player challenged for a ball, the amount of greetin yous done was laughable, the ref went with your outrageous shouts, I see the diver mcgladrigan that used to play for peasy hasn't changed, still good at the cheating and laughing at the crowd when he got the decisions he conned out the ref, still a terrible venue for junior football

I think when your CB punches the ball out of the box like a goalie, you can hardly complain that a pen was given eh ?? As apose to the one at the other end. I think you are hurting at the defeat, the ref never gave Rossvale a lot mate, and was very lenient with Yellow Cards your way. But as I said All about opinions

1 minute ago, DanMan said:

I think when your CB punches the ball out of the box like a goalie, you can hardly complain that a pen was given eh ?? As apose to the one at the other end. I think you are hurting at the defeat, the ref never gave Rossvale a lot mate, and was very lenient with Yellow Cards your way. But as I said All about opinions

I didn't say that the penalty you got was the wrong decision, it was a definite pen, as in my opinion so was ours

Top end, Cumberbauld United and Rutherglen Glencairn seem to be up for it although quietly doing the business are Irvine Vics.  Never had the Vics on my radar. Will have to get along to have a look at them. 

Bottom end, the Roch seem to be willing to have a go as stated by a spokesman on here. Something about running down Royston Rd in the bare buff, strange one. I know zero about Craigmark, so is a 1-1 draw at home to Girvan points lost or gained.? Absolutely no idea what's going on at Larkhall, sounds as though the team are committing collective Hari Kari. Hopefully they get players in fast.

Edited by Tutankhamen

9 hours ago, DanMan said:

Overall Kilsyth were undoubtably the better team going forward but our defence needs strengthening urgently or we will find ourselves cut off in the bottom half.  David Waters is being sorely missed and no adequate replaclement has been brought in. Salim has now failed with two penalty kicks although Danny Smith, our best player on the night, netted when the keeper spilled it. We were rather unlucky not to get an equaliser in the last few minutes when Rossvale were on the ropes but thats how it goes.

As for the venue, it is one of the worst for spectating that I have ever been to in over sixty years of watching junior football and I can tell you I have been to some real dumps, but it would have cost no more,  probably less to put decent terracing along the FULL length of the side opposite the sports hall and a little covered area such as Renfrew have would be pennies compared to what the entire complex must have cost. But that has nothing to do with Rossvale, it's all down to East Dunbartonshire Council who obviously have no idea of what is required for a proper junior venue. I wonder if NEW ADAMSLIE will turn out any better?

7 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Overall Kilsyth were undoubtably the better team going forward but our defence needs strengthening urgently or we will find ourselves cut off in the bottom half.  David Waters is being sorely missed and no adequate replaclement has been brought in. Salim has now failed with two penalty kicks although Danny Smith, our best player on the night, netted when the keeper spilled it. We were rather unlucky not to get an equaliser in the last few minutes when Rossvale were on the ropes but thats how it goes.

As for the venue, it is one of the worst for spectating that I have ever been to in over sixty years of watching junior football and I can tell you I have been to some real dumps, but it would have cost no more,  probably less to put decent terracing along the FULL length of the side opposite the sports hall and a little covered area such as Renfrew have would be pennies compared to what the entire complex must have cost. But that has nothing to do with Rossvale, it's all down to East Dunbartonshire Council who obviously have no idea of what is required for a proper junior venue. I wonder if NEW ADAMSLIE will turn out any better?

I would say the keeper saved it, your guy just reacted quicker. I agree going forward that Kilsyth were decent going forward, although they did lack a cutting edge. Vale keeper never really had a save to make, a lot of shots from outside the box high and wide. Defensively they are weak and slow. Rossvale normally play with 2 quick wingers, which would have made for a different approach, all 3 options out injured, so shape has to change. All credit to the gaffer for using the personnel he has available with 6 regulars missing, Manager and Goalie coach on the bench to make up numbers.   From a Rossvale point of view, we are delighted with 4 points gathered and out the League Cup section. 

As for the ground, as you say our hands are tied

Hopefully after playing the two league favourites we can get some points on the board on Saturday . Looking forward to my 1st trip to Dunterlie, and maybe grab a couple beers with nugent4nil

I would say the keeper saved it, your guy just reacted quicker. I agree going forward that Kilsyth were decent going forward, although they did lack a cutting edge. Vale keeper never really had a save to make, a lot of shots from outside the box high and wide. Defensively they are weak and slow. Rossvale normally play with 2 quick wingers, which would have made for a different approach, all 3 options out injured, so shape has to change. All credit to the gaffer for using the personnel he has available with 6 regulars missing, Manager and Goalie coach on the bench to make up numbers.   From a Rossvale point of view, we are delighted with 4 points gathered and out the League Cup section. 

As for the ground, as you say our hands are tied
I think it's an easy an option to say our hands are tied or its the fault of the EDC
Rossvale's committee were part of the process at the very beginning and the venue was built when them at the forefront of it at a eyewatering cost of 7m of tax payers money.
It's clear to me the Rossvale committee failed to represent the football club the community and the grade when they took part and agreed to the proposals on the table which taking any off the above into consideration.

7 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I think it's an easy an option to say our hands are tied or its the fault of the EDC
Rossvale's committee were part of the process at the very beginning and the venue was built when them at the forefront of it at a eyewatering cost of 7m of tax payers money.
It's clear to me the Rossvale committee failed to represent the football club the community and the grade when they took part and agreed to the proposals on the table which taking any off the above into consideration.

I am staggered at your indepth knowlege of how the Rossvale committee conducted themselves. You have a long standing problem with Rossvale Chris, but please stick to facts on an open forum, not just a blinkered opinion as to your take on things. The hub is a community facility, not Rossvale's 

Now obviously I was not at any meetings but what I will say is I don't believe for one minute that Rossvale had no imput at all into the project and therefore failed fans of the grade by moving to a ground which was and is not fit for purpose as proved when you had to move your cup tie last season vs Pollok to Petershill Park due to your ground being unable to host such a match .

Them is the facts Danny and you know it .

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Now obviously I was not at any meetings but what I will say is I don't believe for one minute that Rossvale had no imput at all into the project and therefore failed fans of the grade by moving to a ground which was and is not fit for purpose as proved when you had to move your cup tie last season vs Pollok to Petershill Park due to your ground being unable to host such a match .

Them is the facts Danny and you know it .

Many clubs in many competitions junior and senior, have to move for cup ties Chris. FACT. If the Roch qualified for the Scot Cup and drew Celtic/Rangers, would it get played at JMP ?? 

Many clubs in many competitions junior and senior, have to move for cup ties Chris. FACT. If the Roch qualified for the Scot Cup and drew Celtic/Rangers, would it get played at JMP ?? 
Seriously Danny your comparing Rossvale v Pollok to us hosting a Scottish Premiership Side
Hold on while I get a big bag of straws for you to clutch onto

It also raises another issue Danny
Given you could not host Pollok and we have a bigger away support than them will you be looking to move our match against you from Huntershill
If not can you tell me what changes or improvements have been made since you changed venue for Pollok game in order to host safely and securely our massive travelling support .

12 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Seriously Danny your comparing Rossvale v Pollok to us hosting a Scottish Premiership Side
Hold on while I get a big bag of straws for you to clutch onto

Making the point that clubs do change grounds when circumstances dictate. One move against the largest suppoted junior team in the country since moving to HHill. Hardly unfit for purpose Chris. That penalty off the post still hurts. I get it 

Two away victories and no goals conceded and we top the league.Last night was a comfortable win and could have been much more but credit to Larkhall who kept going to the final whistle. Its obvious they are going through a transitional period, last night they fielded a very young team and it was always going to prove difficult against an experienced 'Nauld'team.We wish them all the best for the season and many thanks for the welcome and hospitality provided.As for us onwards to Saturday and we look forward to welcoming Neilston to Guys Meadow. 

29 minutes ago, BeverleyHills said:

Two away victories and no goals conceded and we top the league.Last night was a comfortable win and could have been much more but credit to Larkhall who kept going to the final whistle. Its obvious they are going through a transitional period, last night they fielded a very young team and it was always going to prove difficult against an experienced 'Nauld'team.We wish them all the best for the season and many thanks for the welcome and hospitality provided.As for us onwards to Saturday and we look forward to welcoming Neilston to Guys Meadow. 

Lookin 4ward to sat wee visit back to guys meadow ... gd set up 

think we are more than capable of getting positive result 

Top end, Cumberbauld United and Rutherglen Glencairn seem to be up for it although quietly doing the business are Irvine Vics.  Never had the Vics on my radar. Will have to get along to have a look at them. 
Bottom end, the Roch seem to be willing to have a go as stated by a spokesman on here. Something about running down Royston Rd in the bare buff, strange one. I know zero about Craigmark, so is a 1-1 draw at home to Girvan points lost or gained.? Absolutely no idea what's going on at Larkhall, sounds as though the team are committing collective Hari Kari. Hopefully they get players in fast.
I didn't have us on my radar and I follow them[emoji6]
Honestly as everyone knows we are rebuilding at present and are under no illusions where we fit in this league. With only four of last season's squad staying. We have added a couple of experienced juniors in Tam Jamieson and Mick Holden and a couple of other who have played in the grade before, but the bulk of the team are youth players on loan. They play some great football for large spells but they will need to work on their overall game management, which is totally different at our level.
Kello surprised me last night as I expected them to offer more than they did. If truth be told we could have had double figures, their big keeper was man of the match for them.
It's early days yet, with lots to play for. If the boys keep their performances similar to what we have seen to date in the league, we will win more than we lose and that should see us staying in the league. However we have stiffer tests ahead beginning with Dalry on Saturday as well as my promotion tips of Glencairn and Cumbernauld setting the pace.
T