West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Just now, Junior Guy said:

Over the years teams have came up and straight back down also, not impossible to go up back to back but a tough ask

Definitely a tough ask and if I’m correct, which is not usually the case, I think out of the 3 Girvan were the only ones to go up as champions. 

Out of this years promoted teams I can’t see anyone doing that but I think Whitletts will have the best chance to do so, closely followed by Dalry.

Definitely a tough ask and if I’m correct, which is not usually the case, I think out of the 3 Girvan were the only ones to go up as champions. 

Rutherglen Glencairn went up as champions of Super League Division One in 2010 after also winning the Central League Division One in 2009.

And so it’s here opening weekend
looking forward to Girvan away  ...feel wee hv decent squad when all available 
hv to be fast out traps in the league dnt want to be left behind 

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

combine harvester will have to give his crystal ball a shake . Arthurlie 6-1 roch

A score check required - Irvine Victoria tweeted that they won 6-1 at Larkhall, but the result is listed as 5-1 on the West Region website, with the league table arranged accordingly.

Can anybody who was at the match confirm the correct score ?

10 hours ago, glensmad said:
10 hours ago, iPhone said:
Troon, Kilwinning and Girvan done it in consecutive seasons.

Rutherglen Glencairn and Cambuslang Rangers as well.

Going back to the days before the West Region Shotts won two successive promotions and were champions of the top division in the following  season. This was after they had been banned for a year for  being naughty.

A score check required - Irvine Victoria tweeted that they won 6-1 at Larkhall, but the result is listed as 5-1 on the West Region website, with the league table arranged accordingly.

Can anybody who was at the match confirm the correct score ?
Defo 6-1 Peter.

T

90 minutes played out of a 30 game season and Craigmark, the Roch and Larkhall are bottom three already. I'll give them to this time next Saturday before i condemn them to the drop. 3 games in a week and no points  then it will be standby, bomb doors opening.

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

90 minutes played out of a 30 game season and Craigmark, the Roch and Larkhall are bottom three already. I'll give them to this time next Saturday before i condemn them to the drop. 3 games in a week and no points  then it will be standby, bomb doors opening.

Surely a little too soon to condemn anyone yet. Long season ahead and a few teams not as good as some people may think.

The Roch won't go down
Bad day at the office but we have bouncebackability and will bounce back on Wednesday night
Quite right, only one game into a 30 match campaign. You don't win titles or get relegated in August, lots of points to be won yet. Looking forward to hosting you guys on the 1st.

T

23 hours ago, iPhone said:

Surely a little too soon to condemn anyone yet. Long season ahead and a few teams not as good as some people may think.

I'll give them a week. No points and you'd start to ask questions of any team. It ain't one game but as an oracle of Junior football pointed out, how many goals in the last 4 matches have these teams shipped. That would point to the defence in each team being of the chocolate teapot variety.