West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

I'd Rutherglen Glencairn running away with the league. A few hours later i realised they hadn't made it out of the League Cup section.
Oops.

They dropped the majority of their team tonight so don’t read too much into that result

Geordies record since he came in is unreal. Il still be happy with surviva though. Seems a few teams are starting from scratch, so i reckon keeping our boys together and adding 3/4 should see us do ok

Geordies record since he came in is unreal. Il still be happy with surviva though. Seems a few teams are starting from scratch, so i reckon keeping our boys together and adding 3/4 should see us do ok

Its time you changed the record, he’s done next to nothing since he came. I was hearing he might not be around soon???

10 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I thought Girvan might struggle in this league this season after losing so many players, but after seeing them tonight they will do ok. They still have 7/8 from their premier league team, and with a few added they will do ok

Yes, add 3/4 and you will have a starting eleven.

And so it’s here opening weekend

looking forward to Girvan away  ...feel wee hv decent squad when all available 

hv to be fast out traps in the league dnt want to be left behind 

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

Promotion and relegation candidates to be in place by September Weekend. Doubt there will any surprises. Three going up should see at least five teams going for it. I don't see a Petershill like last year running away with it. At the bottom end i'd be looking to two out the six that came up from the District Leagues to be in relegation trouble very quickly. Think Larkhall and St Roch's will find it hard going.

Be wary of P&B talk. If they couldn't cut it last year and all that. Those who seriously strengthened the team will be winners.

3 hours ago, combineharvester said:

It looks a good league and hopefully not one will runaway with it (I know 1 team that won’t but think they will) and it keeps it interesting until the very end. 

I think Craigmark could struggle to stay in the division. 

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Promotion and relegation candidates to be in place by September Weekend. Doubt there will any surprises. Three going up should see at least five teams going for it. I don't see a Petershill like last year running away with it. At the bottom end i'd be looking to two out the six that came up from the District Leagues to be in relegation trouble very quickly. Think Larkhall and St Roch's will find it hard going.

Be wary of P&B talk. If they couldn't cut it last year and all that. Those who seriously strengthened the team will be winners.

Could not disagree  more , would be very surprised if it does not go down to the wire at the top and bottom! Should be a very interesting league.

Edited by Seaside Sam

53 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Could not disagree  more , would be very surprised if it does not go down to the wire at the top and bottom! Should be a very interesting league.

Hopefully i'm wrong and your right. Sadly every season teams,  in this case three teams will face the drop. I'll go for two teams to go into free fall with the third team coming from anyone of four. My three for the drop are Craigmark, Larkhall and St Roch's. Up to them to prove me wrong.

I've always followed the Super First quite closely as it was usually the most competitive league IMO, and as such usually my predictions have been rubbish.

Therefore with no expectation of being right, my kiss of death for the top 3 in no particular order is Rutherglen, Rossvale & Darvel.

Fans of Craigmark, Irvine Vics and Larkhall can sleep easier knowing that they are my tip for the bottom 3.

As usual I will not be investing any of my children's future inheritance on either of these predictions, but I do wish all the teams good luck.

23 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

I've always followed the Super First quite closely as it was usually the most competitive league IMO, and as such usually my predictions have been rubbish.

Therefore with no expectation of being right, my kiss of death for the top 3 in no particular order is Rutherglen, Rossvale & Darvel.

Fans of Craigmark, Irvine Vics and Larkhall can sleep easier knowing that they are my tip for the bottom 3.

As usual I will not be investing any of my children's future inheritance on either of these predictions, but I do wish all the teams good luck.

Not many teams come into the super first and get promoted.  Good luck to rossvale but cant see them going up at first tine of asking