West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

5 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

As much as it pains me to say it my money is on Rossvale to win it .

For me they have made some shrewd signings this summer adding to a very good existing squad.

As for the other spot I expect probably cumbernauld and glencairn to battle that out .

As for my own team St Roch’s I think if we finish mid table then it's got to be considered a very good season given the quality in this division but I could be completely wrong and others may take the glory

I hope the bookies agree with u mate :thumsup2

10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

As much as it pains me to say it my money is on Rossvale to win it .

Yes, I thoroughly expect Rossvale to be a strong contender this season from what I'm hearing of the squad they are putting together.

28 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Rossvale have had an amazing last two years but I see this year as a consolidation. 

I'm not so sure, they have some momentum about them and have made some very good signings. There are a few examples of teams coming into this league and sailing through it at the first attempt, most notably Cambuslang last season after previous successive promotions. I thoroughly expect Rossvale to be right up there challenging for promotion.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

I'm not so sure, they have some momentum about them and have made some very good signings. There are a few examples of teams coming into this league and sailing through it at the first attempt, most notably Cambuslang last season after previous successive promotions. I thoroughly expect Rossvale to be right up there challenging for promotion.

The one big thing for Rossvale is they have kept 14 I think it is, from last years squad (including all of what most people would probably see as their starting 11 from last year) Added some good quality and experience, so competition for places should be good. Whatever way it pans out, there won't be many easy games for anybody

14 minutes ago, DanMan said:

The one big thing for Rossvale is they have kept 14 I think it is, from last years squad (including all of what most people would probably see as their starting 11 from last year) Added some good quality and experience, so competition for places should be good. Whatever way it pans out, there won't be many easy games for anybody

I won’t be losing sleep over Rossvale 

46 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I saw them play on three occasions. They played Banks o Dee in the Scottish and was really impressed I also saw them get bullied all over the park by a terrible Shettleston  team. I will stand by my call. 

Team developed a lot since the Shettleston game. See what happens

6 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Look Danny , I just gave my opinion and it wasn’t a negative one. I even backed it up with my opinion based on games I watched.   I know a couple of your boys from the St Peters days and I’ve loved seeing them being successful. The problem with this forum is if someone says black others say white  

R

Aye, and missed out on the missing piece of the jigsay at the weekend

Can’t wait for this league to start this season , I expect glencairn to romp it and Cumbernauld, Rossvale and whitletts to be fighting out the promotion spots , if we can consolidate and finish 5th or 6th it would be fantastic 

Is that Darvel consolidating two years in a row then DL, surely you’ve got to be thinking of promotion, you were in the other league a year. This league won’t be the same standard as last season

2 hours ago, TheNauld said:

Is that Darvel consolidating two years in a row then DL, surely you’ve got to be thinking of promotion, you were in the other league a year. This league won’t be the same standard as last season

No we are just happy to be in this league and leaving the rest to fight it out for the title