West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Can’t wait to get started in this league now the fixtures have been released. Doesn’t look like there will be many easy games from top to bottom. We all know Darvel have it wrapped up already, but who do we reckon will finish 2nd ??

We will be happy with 6th that’s progress pal 

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Ha ha ha , we are ruffling a few feathers vp 

I don’t know why you think that, yous haven’t signed much so if it’s same team as last season there won’t be much progress.

Although money talks, is there some signings to be confirmed? 

Surely Darvel Pie can tell us, at least he’s in the know!!

19 hours ago, iPhone said:

I don’t know why you think that, yous haven’t signed much so if it’s same team as last season there won’t be much progress.

Although money talks, is there some signings to be confirmed? 

Surely Darvel Pie can tell us, at least he’s in the know!!

No ur right we haven’t signed much :thumsup2

I assume that Dam Park in Ayr has floodlights as we've been scheduled to play Whitletts Victoria down there on Wednesday 8th August with an 8pm kick off ?

Yes we have floodlights

Will big Gracie be a miss? I see he has went to work with John Brogan at Albion Rovers and I will definitely take in their game against St Rochs 
He will be a miss,done well over the years at Larky,but people come people go a we wish the big man well

There's a real fresh feel about this 2nd tier league this season, with 10 out of the 16 teams having not been in the 2nd tier league last season in its old guise as Super League Division One.

The "old guard" of Rutherglen Glencairn, Cumbernauld United and Kilsyth Rangers are still there (the 8th season in a row that this trio have been in this league), while Darvel Juniors, Kello Rovers and Larkhall Thistle are having only their 2nd consecutive season in the 2nd tier.

I'm looking forward to visiting a few places that we've not played at competitively for a while, like Dalry, Whitletts, and our first visits to Benburb and Rossvale's new ground. Unfortunately I'll miss the trip to Craigmark Burntonians due to holiday, I think it's about a decade since we played a West of Scotland Cup tie down at Dalmellington.

As much as it pains me to say it my money is on Rossvale to win it .

For me they have made some shrewd signings this summer adding to a very good existing squad.

As for the other spot I expect probably cumbernauld and glencairn to battle that out .

As for my own team St Roch’s I think if we finish mid table then it's got to be considered a very good season given the quality in this division but I could be completely wrong and others may take the glory