West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Ok, our pal jimbaxters has been bursting at the seams waiting for me to start this :thumsup2 , so now that the 14-team "mad competitive" West Region super League Division One is no more, it's time to start the thread for the 16-team "hopefully just as competitive" West Region Championship 2018-19.

Below is a list of all the teams taking part in the first ever season of the West Region Championship :-

(in alphabetical order)

Arthurlie

Benburb

Craigmark Burntonians

Cumbernauld United

Dalry Thistle

Darvel Juniors

Girvan

Irvine Victoria

Kello Rovers

Kilsyth Rangers

Larkhall Thistle

Neilston Juniors

Rossvale

Rutherglen Glencairn

St Roch's

Whitletts Victoria

Your opening thoughts ? (Naturally to be cast back at a few people throughout next season, of course. :whistle )

Edited by glensmad

Obviously only really 2 promotion spots to play for as Darvel are going to walk it. If Glencairn and Meadow can start next season the way they finished this then they will be right up there, that's if Meadow don't beat Arthurlie in the playoff. Will be a big turnaround for Girvan or Arthurlie to challenge if they were to drop down.

I would think Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Rutherglen plus the two playoff losers would be favourites next season. Strange alphabet though, how come Irvine Victoria come before Arthurlie/ Irvine Meadow?

A dark horse? Dalry Thistle will surprise a few teams.

Edited by Kochice

I would think Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Rutherglen plus the two playoff losers would be favourites next season. Strange alphabet though, how come Irvine Victoria come before Arthurlie/ Irvine Meadow?
Wouldn't really be a surprise if one of the teams coming up the way did very well, Girvan and Cambuslang have both gone straight up again and Glencairn also did it in the past.

18 minutes ago, Kochice said:

D'oh ! Now sorted. :thumsup2

I will reserve judgement untill the season starts,as we will be putting a new team together
Are all Larkhall's players moving on with the departure of the management team ? It'll be interesting to see how you're shaping up at the Kilbirnie tournament.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

You saying I pushed you into starting this, Glensmad? It's been drafted for three weeks now, you know it. 

I will await the play offs before giving my predictions, even though McBookie will hate me for it.

I'm pretty sure that no one at McBookie will ever hate you,jimbo. :)