We're On Our Way - StMirren 2018/2019 Thread

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Henrik Larsson's name being mentioned again. On Facebook supposedly. 

I'm not interested in having a big-name manager, TBH. Everyone's having a good laugh about the Guti thing, but football at our level would be quite unlike anything he's ever experienced before. I realise Larsson has at least played here, but he's been quite catastrophically bad as manager in his home country. 

I'd rather take the Norn Iron fella, tbh. If we get relegated, I'd sooner do so whilst sticking to our traditional values as a club, than make idiots of ourselves by pinning our hopes on some big name.

(All the above is posted on the understanding that the Larsson and Guti stuff is probably all bollocks anyway.)

Guest Moomintroll

On the bright side,if Larsson comes in and you get relegated, at least you wont get depressed about it.

Welcome back chaps.

You guys deserve a break having to watch Craig Samson every game.

Looking forward to the ‘we brought more fans to Fir Park than any team ever’ banter on our first match thread.

Welcome back chaps.

You guys deserve a break having to watch Craig Samson every game.

Looking forward to the ‘we brought more fans to Fir Park than any team ever’ banter on our first match thread.

Samson was superb for us last season, only at fault for 1 goal that I can recall, saved us on numerous occasions, he will be ok (I have the right to change my mind during the season)

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11797/11394352/guti-and-robbie-neilson-among-st-mirren-managerial-candidates-set-to-be-interviewed

Guti being interviewed this week according to SSN.

Bonkers enough that I actually want this to happen, even though it won't. 

I'd love to see it happen, it would be exciting - at least until the season started! 

However I still don't believe that there's any truth in it. I can't believe that Guti is considering relocating to Scotland for c. £70k a year.

43 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Appoint Larrson, re-open the Celtic shop at your stadium and punt signed Larrson strips to the many thousands of unwashed Celtic fans residing in Paisley.

333D41B4-2AFB-4D75-857D-CEE2EBAF785E.png

Get back down to the basement, you don't belong here anymore.

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

St Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock fans are the ones commenting on this thread? It's clear they are shitting it. If I was a betting man I'd easily stick some money on us finishing higher than these perennial no marks.

^_^

Typical wee upstart post.  2 Cup finals last season. A bit more respect please. 

26 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Typical wee upstart post.  2 Cup finals last season. A bit more respect please. 

yes you got to 2 cup finals and respect for that.

all respect was lost when you failed to turn up for the finals.

5 hours ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

I read a post on Twitter saying that Gavin Reilly was definitely away , he has two offers on the table . It also said that Saints are talking with Ryan Hardies agent .

Don't know if there's any truth in it or not.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we were looking at Hardie, but I'd imagine there'd be competition. I'd take him back, no bother.

12 hours ago, bennett said:

Get back down to the basement, you don't belong here anymore.

Having only spent 2 years in the top flight in your brief history it's your team that doesn't belong here.

Just bumped into a lad at the supermarket in Perth, Australia wearing a St Mirren top. Had a good chat about all things Scottish fitba and turns out he's a friend/aquaintance of Div. 

True story. 

Archived