Shortlees vs Hurlford Thistle - League Decider

The Mouth

A lot of change needed at hulford and not just the ability of the players... if they’re gonna have players with the ability that merits being paid then they need to have a structure of how they want to do things in place, a way of playing, discipline, attitude towards the club and others and a desire to be and get better week on week, season on season. Right now I don’t see any of that from the current hulford side. The lads are good lads but have lost their way a bit under poor management in my opinion so like I said before a lot of change needed and not just on the park....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys have look back through this thread and actually read what’s being said on both sides the hypocrisy is laughable. Hurlford got what they deserved after a very inconsistent season they are as poor a Hurlford team as there has been for a number of years and have been on the slide for a few now which suggests no money is being paid, I’m sure most that have watched them play over the season wouldn’t think any of the players are worth paying.  As for Shortlees guys just be happy your more worried about Hurlford than your own teams success, all connect with the club have had the season of their lives enjoy it without being brainwashed about others, it doesn’t last forever.  All the plaudits should go to Cunny for his flawless marketing campaign against the “devils 11” he has milked the rest of Ayrshire amateur football to get exactly what he wants for his own team, success! Demonstrated no better than “no more goals Glenburn” Shortlees whiter than white? Absolutely not far from it, winners definitely and did it well this year they deserve all the credit. Let’s see what next year brings, enjoy your summer holidays guys, I heard Cunny is taking all the Shortlees squad to Saltcoats for a long weekend!!

what a game last night ..talking about it all day at work ..1 of the lads called and said  remember years ago ..when they took 9 goals of us ..and there committe said ..hahaha  you lot.. should take up golf..  showed no respect to us as a team and have done this for  many a year to many  other teams .. so i will show no respect  ever to H/T .. even saying that they won it with players who.yes they were paid by H/T to win them there cups .. ask  joe keir billy ..what these medals are worth ,  to the ones they won playing for H/T. .think the response will be ..((( NO SHORTLESS NO PARTY)).. look out for  who goes to H/T  next year ..this will stick in wullies throat.. and he will try to correct this by .. spend spend spend.

Great advert for amateur football with a cracking game and massive crowd, for me the fact the game was at burnpark rather than some school astro made all the difference, amateur football is the foundation of grass roots football and when possible should be played at local parks 

Guest Mick Kennedy
20 hours ago, TheBark said:

Now this is a game I would like to see! Two top teams with top players, when will you be arranging this Mick?

It’s been arranged 21st July at Dalziel Park mate 

Yes mick why not burnpark this will be the 3rd year in a row at yours 

should be a good game looking forward to it even o it's just a friendly 

i would like the lees to play yous in a major final would be a cracker

17 hours ago, HYB said:

Guys have look back through this thread and actually read what’s being said on both sides the hypocrisy is laughable. Hurlford got what they deserved after a very inconsistent season they are as poor a Hurlford team as there has been for a number of years and have been on the slide for a few now which suggests no money is being paid, I’m sure most that have watched them play over the season wouldn’t think any of the players are worth paying.  As for Shortlees guys just be happy your more worried about Hurlford than your own teams success, all connect with the club have had the season of their lives enjoy it without being brainwashed about others, it doesn’t last forever.  All the plaudits should go to Cunny for his flawless marketing campaign against the “devils 11” he has milked the rest of Ayrshire amateur football to get exactly what he wants for his own team, success! Demonstrated no better than “no more goals Glenburn” Shortlees whiter than white? Absolutely not far from it, winners definitely and did it well this year they deserve all the credit. Let’s see what next year brings, enjoy your summer holidays guys, I heard Cunny is taking all the Shortlees squad to Saltcoats for a long weekend!!

So the boy Love left a three figure weekly sum at Largs to play for nothing at amateur? Martyn Brown left money behind at Hurlford Jnrs to play for nothing at amateur? Michael Mullen turned down more offers than a hooker on a red light district to stay at Hurlford? Stephen Cargill had a big junior offer at start off season yet stayed at amateur? What are you on mate seriously? They have always paid top dollar, just so happens the current top dollar have been letting them down last two seasons and not been good enough 

40 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

So the boy Love left a three figure weekly sum at Largs to play for nothing at amateur? Martyn Brown left money behind at Hurlford Jnrs to play for nothing at amateur? Michael Mullen turned down more offers than a hooker on a red light district to stay at Hurlford? Stephen Cargill had a big junior offer at start off season yet stayed at amateur? What are you on mate seriously? They have always paid top dollar, just so happens the current top dollar have been letting them down last two seasons and not been good enough 

HT are the club they've always wanted to play for :-) hahaha

Poor management!!! Spending that amount with the current crop and not getting them playing lies solely at the management's motivation and tactical ability. Stale!!!

Players don't become bad overnight but when it comes too easy there's a lack of motivation. Interesting to see who comes and goes this summer.

Love should go back junior coz any time I've saw HT he's no kicked a ball. I wouldn't take him for nothing.

2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

If available, Bonnyton's park at townholm would be an ideal place to stage a game. Doubt if SFA would allow it to be played at a school pitch.

Pretty sure Colville Park had to move it from Dalziel Park so would imagine the SFA would want Shortlees to use a junior ground.

Archived