Early league predictions

On 05/06/2018 at 11:25, colin H said:

at the moment Airdrie and Dumbarton look good hard to say till see what player come in

Dumbarton have 5 signed players, none of them goalkeepers. Aside from the jaw dropping handsomeness of Craig Barr, what looks good about us? 

Dumbarton have 5 signed players, none of them goalkeepers. Aside from the jaw dropping handsomeness of Craig Barr, what looks good about us? 

5 lucky you, the year we won league 2 or whatever it was called at the time, under Sheerin we were made joint favourites with Clyde and we had 2 signed players, so make of this what you will, btw think Clyde finished bottom

On 04/06/2018 at 22:27, Diamond Oracle said:

I’ll take an early punt based on nothing but guesswork:

1. Raith Rovers
2. Arbroath
3. Airdrieonians
4. Dumbarton
5. Forfar Athletic
6. Montrose
7. Stranraer
8. Stenhousemuir
9. East Fife
10. Brechin City

We are already stronger than last year so we will be ok, why people think airdrie will be up their ive no idea, I think their signings have been poor, I watched first hand last year how bad chrighton is

We are already stronger than last year so we will be ok, why people think airdrie will be up their ive no idea, I think their signings have been poor, I watched first hand last year how bad chrighton is
And the year before, we saw a competent, set piece threatening defender.
Horses for courses and as the diamond above said, time will tell.

I just don’t think it’ll be easy for Brechin to shake off the complete and utter embarrassment that was last season, particularly with the same manager (and a handful of the same players).

I’m quite frankly astounded he lasted the season, never mind being kept on for another.

It would be unfair to tarnish every single Brechin player last season with the same brush and what I would say is that you don’t become a dreadful player overnight. To echo the guys above... time will tell.

On 06/06/2018 at 15:57, thomas 62 said:

Big question is who is going to replace Ayr in the Championship next season Raith and Sons favorites.

I'm a very optimistic guy but  I'm not convinced that we can do a Livi.

3 minutes ago, colin H said:

Why does everyone think rovers will win the league I can’t see it I think Dumbarton have better chance

2 minutes ago, colin H said:

1 Dumbarton
2 Airdrie
3 Arbroath
4 Raith Rovers

I'll ask you again, we have 5 players - why are we favourites for the league?

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

This thread has been made 6 weeks too early.

Pretty much. Even then it's impossible to tell based off signings alone. Last season everyone saw we'd signed Buchanan and Spence, and were saying that with our firepower we'd win the league. We got ridiculously close, but threads like this don't factor in the horrendous injuries like we had last season. That has more of a factor over the course of a season. 

20 minutes ago, colin H said:

Just think Dumbarton will be to good for this league I think Dumbarton will do what Livingston and Ayr United did I get back up right away

Even when you don't know what players will be playing for Dumbarton?

Apologies but you're aff yer tits.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Even when you don't know what players will be playing for Dumbarton?

Apologies but you're aff yer tits.

I believe said poster is an East Fife fan, they are a very special bunch.