Early league predictions

4 hours ago, Mexico said:

Not a prediction as such but I’m Hopeful Arbroath will have another season at the top end, hopefully closing the gap towards the top, I expect Montrose to continue to progress well. After last season I’d suggest Brechin could potentially free fall after such a demoralising campaign last time out. 

Maybe not just Brechin. The last time we came down from Tier 2 to here we fell straight through. I do hope history doesn't repeat itself.

We will have an average attendance double anyone else and will be the only full time side in the league. Absolutely no excuse at all if we don't win the league.

We will probably find a way tho.

We will have an average attendance double anyone else and will be the only full time side in the league. Absolutely no excuse at all if we don't win the league.

We will probably find a way tho.

Maybe not double. We were just under 800 this season but can see ours being up a good bit this year with Montrose and Brechin in the division now too. Raith should win the league though.

I’ve no idea where we will finish, just hope we’re in play offs at the right end.

Top four as minimum but it is a bit early to predict and anyway I was rubbish at predicting last season-I blame the chaos. Look better organised and more goals look likely so I am optimistic. I think the top four will be Airdrie/Raith/Arbroath and beyond that it all depends on the starting squads on day 1.  Like last season I don't think anyone will be doomed until the last few weeks.

16 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

So did Arbroath go bust while sitting in 7th?

Arbroath

East Fife 

Raith Rovers

Stranraer 

Brechin

For far

Airdrie 

Dumbarton

Montrose 

Stenhousemuir 

Edited by flyfifer48

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Only two part time teams have won this league since we last won it back in 2009. Just goes to show how important being full time is over the course of 36 games.

Conversely, no full time team managed by Barry Smith has ever won this league...

20 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Few of these predictions are absolutely wild to say the least, surely many of them are tongue in cheek :lol:

We've not even signed anyone, but yet people still seem to think we'll either win it outright, or they have Arbroath or Airdrie above us. Turns into a bit of self-congratulation on the summer business of their clubs.

If we match our points total from last year, we should win the league this year. We finished with the highest ever runners up total. All comes down to who we bring in as you'd expect. The Full time football clearly has some influence, but we played some truly rancid football last season while not losing a league game at home. We have no idea of the calibre of player we're going to bring in to replace some of our lads. We only made three signings last season, and while Euan Murray turned into an asset for us, we failed to utilise Buchanan and Spence in a team featuring Vaughan. That might be down to playing as many long balls as possible once Ross Callachan left though....