West of Scotland Senior League 18/19

edinabear

I don't see any reason why the west couldn't either transition their 4 division structure next season straight across or, if there is a need to embed other teams, run a seeded tier 6 the same as the east are about to do with the finishing positions in each of those tier 6 parallel  leagues determining tier 6, 7, 8 etc.  With potential to flatten out from tier 7.

22 minutes ago, HTG said:

I don't see any reason why the west couldn't either transition their 4 division structure next season straight across or, if there is a need to embed other teams, run a seeded tier 6 the same as the east are about to do with the finishing positions in each of those tier 6 parallel  leagues determining tier 6, 7, 8 etc.  With potential to flatten out from tier 7.

Well, at least, the new Lowland League Chairman has shown that he is interested to see a WoS League formed.

He appeared to have tried to get things moving earlier in last season. Perhaps that experience will help him to compromise (if needs be) with the West Region Juniors?

I suspect that it may be better if those clubs which seem to be against the pyramid idea could be left as Juniors. They would always have the option to step up to the pyramid in future, if they wished. No point in including clubs against their wishes.

On 6 June 2018 at 09:29, Dev said:

Well, at least, the new Lowland League Chairman has shown that he is interested to see a WoS League formed.

He appeared to have tried to get things moving earlier in last season. Perhaps that experience will help him to compromise (if needs be) with the West Region Juniors?

I suspect that it may be better if those clubs which seem to be against the pyramid idea could be left as Juniors. They would always have the option to step up to the pyramid in future, if they wished. No point in including clubs against their wishes.

The most sensible post on here.

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Agreed.  Transition those that want to move, work with the parallel set up the east are using next season and then work with the pyramid structure that the clubs want from there. That'll allow junior teams to opt in or out, south teams (potentially) to do the same, new teams who are not in the juniors or south structure to come on board and everyone able to find their level in the space of a season.  League winners play off for championship and/or promotion if licenced. 

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:29, Dev said:

I am hoping that a pragmatic consensus of views will emerge sooner rather than later which would allow the WRJFA to continue (perhaps much as in the East),

Unless the SFA chooses to demolish the adult mens'  Affiliated Associations i.e. ALL of the Junior/Welfare and Amateur Affiliated Associations and merge them under a single administration (unlikely) then why shouldn't the Juniors have the opportunity to continue?

I would also keep the SoS League exactly where it is, unless it wishes otherwise. It serves a purpose for its' geographical area - an area which is on the fringe of the country. Such areas need to be included with, in this case, their ability to put forward a club for promotion to the Lowland League maintained. At the end of the day there won't be that many clubs looking to make the move anyway - so what is there to lose?

If, in time, the Lowland League grows and divided into Lowland East and West as separate leagues at Tier 5 then any SoS club seeking to move up could go to a Lowland West League. Automatic promotion or Play-off in some way with the WoS league could be sorted out in the future.

If what has just happened in the East is anything to go by then a West of Scotland league will be in place for 2019/20 and applications for the league will be invited any time soon. It seems to be unstop-able now?????? If nothing-else this would leave the main entrants with time to move in an orderly fashion with the remainder remaining comfortable where they are and with time to sort out a revised structure.

5 hours ago, edinabear said:

With the anger expressed at TJ's recent comments regarding the 1 year notice period I can see this league being set up for next season. Kilwinning Rangers were openly mocking him on Twitter

Despite my thoughts shown elsewhere it seems that the SJFA (not the Regional JFAs) has an uncanny knack of shooting the whole of Junior football in the foot. Could that be the provocation which tips a significant group of West Juniors over the edge soon  i.e. in time for 2018/19???

I don't know, but you have to wonder!

Edited by Dev

• 1 year later...

With the  stand off between the West juniors and the Pyramid looking like never ending , it has to be time to for the LL or SFA to form a West of Scotland Tier 6 feeder by invitation only.  Its clear that Juniors will never move across en masse.

Existing Juniors that want to leave can go and the others can stay on in Junior football if they like. You would think the likes of Glasgow Uni , Clydebank, Girvan,  Bonnyton would be interested. Only need another 6 teams for a league and I'm sure that would be easily be met. If not then the Caledonian Amatuer League could fill the gap. There needs to be a West presence in the Pyramid and if Junior football is not willing to fill it then the SFA needs to look elsewhere

Edited by edinabear

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

With the never ending stand off between the West juniors and the Pyramid looking like never ending , it has to be time to for the LL or SFA to form a West of Scotland Tier 6 feeder by invitation only.  Its clear that Juniors will never move across en masse.

Existing Juniors that want to leave can go and the others can stay on in Junior football if they like. You would think the likes of Glasgow Uni , Clydebank, Girvan,  Bonnyton would be interested. Only need another 6 teams for a league and I'm sure that would be easily be met. If not then the Caledonian Amatuer League could fill the gap. There needs to be a West presence in the Pyramid and if Junior football is not willing to fill it then the SFA needs to look elsewhere

There is no stand-off between the West juniors and the Pyramid.

The West juniors are ready to go whenever we are allowed.

Junior football is willing to fill the gap in the west, we're just not being allowed to do it because of a stand-off in the East.

We know that most clubs voted positively towards being integrated into the pyramid, but TJ isn't going to be able to get the SJFA regions into the pyramid en masse. The geographical cross-over issues with the ERJFA, EoSFL and NRJFA, plus the NRJFA being lukewarm make this a non-starter.

There doesn't appear to be any issues with the WRJFA joining, with the Premiership at Tier 6. Is it time for the regions to take the lead?

Edited by Cyclizine

12 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

We know that most clubs voted positively towards being integrated into the pyramid, but TJ isn't going to be able to get the SJFA regions into the pyramid en masse. The geographical cross-over issues with the ERJFA, EoSFL and NRJFA, plus the NRJFA being lukewarm make this a non-starter.

There doesn't appear to be any issues with the WRJFA joining, with the Premiership at Tier 5. Is it time for the regions to take the lead?

The West Premiership would come in at Tier 6, not 5.

The Lowland League is Tier 5, and requires licencing.

48 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Junior football is willing to fill the gap in the west, we're just not being allowed to do it because of a stand-off in the East.

The ball is in the SJFA's corner though. Nobody objects to the west joining the pyramid. All the SJFA need to do is allow that to happen and drop the unreasonable demand of west & east coming in together or not at all.

This is why the 3 SJFA regions should be represented on the PWG and not the SJFA as a whole. All 3 have different challenges / wishes and the west is by far the easiest of the 3 in this process.

There was no objections to the west coming in from next season, from any of the leagues. So why hasn't it happened?

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
3 hours ago, glensmad said:

There was no objections to the west coming in from next season, from any of the leagues. So why hasn't it happened?

They were all waiting on you giving the go-ahead on P&B.