West of Scotland Senior League 18/19

edinabear

The WoS league should cover the entire western part of Scotland, which means incorporating clubs from the SoS who wish to participate, and leaving the remaining SoS as a feeder league (either at Tier 7 or Tier 8).  It would be easier to set that up now rather than trying a messy integration later.  You've also got to consider other clubs in the west who wish to join the pyramid (not necessarily at Tier 6), but who are currently not in the Juniors - particularly the already licensed Glasgow Uni plus several other amateur clubs.

All of that makes it difficult to simply transport the Junior structure across directly.

Edited by craigkillie

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Not sure about the floodlights thing tbh. 

I'm sure it was mooted as a possibility a few seasons ago and I don't think there were red tape issues just that the cost was prohibitively high for all they would be getting used. 

It would take someone better informed could clear that one up for you though. 

They still have them, behind the stand I think

The WoS league should cover the entire western part of Scotland, which means incorporating clubs from the SoS who wish to participate, and leaving the remaining SoS as a feeder league (either at Tier 7 or Tier 8).  It would be easier to set that up now rather than trying a messy integration later.  You've also got to consider other clubs in the west who wish to join the pyramid (not necessarily at Tier 6), but who are currently not in the Juniors - particularly the already licensed Glasgow Uni plus several other amateur clubs.
All of that makes it difficult to simply transport the Junior structure across directly.

That for me is exactly why it has to be a new organisation. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw applications from Oban and some SOS clubs like Bonnyton etc, which could put some of the smaller teams off applying, too many variables at this point.
If the SJFA agm doesnt have a really credible 2019/2020 solution then its curtains, the question is, is TJ really that deluded that he won’t have a concrete solution and are junior committees still keen to take him at his word?

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Unfortunately the EoSFL has set a potentially messy precedent this year. It might be a lot more fractious if a WoSFL take applications for a set number like the LL.

You've got the obvious 16 juniors in the West Premiership, 0-2 relegated clubs from the LL and those possibly interested from the SoS, amateurs & other junior leagues. 

If clubs apply, they aren't going to be expected to be turned down.

Why would SoS clubs be allowed into a WoS League?  Do they want two bites at the cherry?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You can transport the junior structure across and slot teams in. Duff teams at the bottom. We have the chance of a sensible pyramid in the west.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They really should just take the existing 4 x 16 format for next season (assuming the Stonehouse Violet rumours are legit) and add that below the LL with the existing west region rather than SJFA in control, but the question of which set of blazers gets to run it will mean that we will almost certainly see a repeat of what happened in the east with all applicants starting at tier 6 in a transitional season with what's left of the west region running a parallel setup outside the pyramid.

It's going to depend on when ever it gets announced. If the West Region announced en masse this summer they want to be the senior league organisation for 2019-20, leaving behind the sjfa it could be done. Gives you a year to work out where the SoS fits in.

It's not going to happen that way though. End of this year, start of next the SFA/PWG will probably announce their desire for a real WoS league.

Unless the East Region is falling apart at the seems, there's going to be enough West Juniors happy to stay under the sjfa. 

You'll probably end up with more than 18 applicants, which is there should be some sort of transition season to sort out the leagues going forward.

4 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Why would SoS clubs be allowed into a WoS League?  Do they want two bites at the cherry?

Same bite of the cherry they've always had or the chance to turn it down.

You can't create a brand new WoS league and have it have equal standing to the SoS.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Same bite of the cherry they've always had or the chance to turn it down.

You can't create a brand new WoS league and have it have equal standing to the SoS.

Why not? SoS is equal standing to EoS at the moment.

I guess its time to admit,however  much it pains me to,that the defection of the big East teams means change must now be embraced by the West region.Lets all come together,every association must work to find the best solution to integrate ALL clubs into the pyramid,with any self preservasions consigned to the bin.It could be a brilliant gesture from the SFA to provide clubs with soft loans to help install floodlights so midweek games can be played,as long as teams recieving are financially comfortable to meet the repayments.That should remove end of season fixture pile ups,which in my opinion can penalise teams that have had good cup runs then find themselves playing 3-4 times a week.

I wish this thread had been given a longer lasting title such as "West of Scotland Senior League, the breaking of a new dawn"

With such a title I could foresee another 500 pages+.

Can the OP or Official Mod modify the thread title?

There is no chance of a West of Scotland Senior League in 2018/19.

Does anyone on here have a clear perspective of what view TJ and the SJFA are taking on the WoSL and the impending western pyramid?

Is the issue to be included on the forthcoming AGMs:

SJFA : Annual General Meeting
Saturday, 16 June 2018

SJFA West Region : Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, 27 June 2018

If NOT, why not?

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Why not? SoS is equal standing to EoS at the moment.

I thought thtat it had been suggested that the SoS would come in at tier 7 as a feeder to tier 6 WoS so part of the same cherry, not an extra bite

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Yeah agree with this. You would think threave rovers, Lochar, bonnyton and Newton Stewart  will want to be part of the west Feeder league so that leaves about 7-8 places for the west juniors to get involved. 

Should then be further regionalisation at tier 7.

13 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Yeah agree with this. You would think threave rovers, Lochar, bonnyton and Newton Stewart  will want to be part of the west Feeder league so that leaves about 7-8 places for the west juniors to get involved. 

Oh, the carnage.

34 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Should then be further regionalisation at tier 7.

Lochar literally play on an unenclosed school playing field, so I seriously doubt they'll be in a position to  unless they groundshare somewhere.

Bonnyton, Mids, Heston, Threave, Saints and Newton are probably the only realistic candidates - even then I suspect a good few of those will be reluctant to overextend themselves so far out of their traditional area of operations.

I have extracted part of a post from a report on the recent Lowland League AGM. There are a few interesting bits which I thought may be relevant to a WoS Senior League, who knows?   The new Chairman of the Lowland League is George Fraser who is also the Chairman of BSC Glasgow. He/this club reputedly made contact with some clubs last season (2017/18) about the potential formation of a new league - The West of Scotland Senior League!

P&B: Lowland League AGM Up-Date. Posted May 29.

................. We were delighted to welcome new SFA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell and SFA Vice President Rod Petrie who provided SLFL members with an update on ongoing work within the Scottish football pyramid, changes within the SFA as an organisation, the Professional Game Board and the format of the Scottish Cup. ...............

Elections to the board of the Lowland League were also conducted ........................  The election returned George Fraser as Chairman, Dave McKenna of East Kilbride will serve as Vice Chairman while Tom Brown (Civil Service Strollers), Findlay Murray (The Spartans), and Andrew Waddell (Edinburgh University) will also sit on the board alongside its existing members.

...................  Everyone involved with the league is looking forward to exciting developments in the future and we will hopefully be able to bring you news soon.

On 5 June 2018 at 10:21, Dev said:

I have extracted part of a post from a report on the recent Lowland League AGM. There are a few interesting bits which I thought may be relevant to a WoS Senior League, who knows?   The new Chairman of the Lowland League is George Fraser who is also the Chairman of BSC Glasgow. He/this club reputedly made contact with some clubs last season (2017/18) about the potential formation of a new league - The West of Scotland Senior League!

P&B: Lowland League AGM Up-Date. Posted May 29.

................. We were delighted to welcome new SFA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell and SFA Vice President Rod Petrie who provided SLFL members with an update on ongoing work within the Scottish football pyramid, changes within the SFA as an organisation, the Professional Game Board and the format of the Scottish Cup. ...............

Elections to the board of the Lowland League were also conducted ........................  The election returned George Fraser as Chairman, Dave McKenna of East Kilbride will serve as Vice Chairman while Tom Brown (Civil Service Strollers), Findlay Murray (The Spartans), and Andrew Waddell (Edinburgh University) will also sit on the board alongside its existing members.

...................  Everyone involved with the league is looking forward to exciting developments in the future and we will hopefully be able to bring you news soon.

Chairman runs a club who are homeless, you couldn't make it up.