West of Scotland Senior League 18/19

edinabear

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not saying turned down, but its possible not every club would be in the top division. Got to consider that its not just a league for junior clubs, there are existing licensed clubs, clubs from outwith the sjfa who have every right to be equally considered. That and for example if Cumbernauld Colts and Gretna are relegated next year then they’ve got every right to have first shout. So when you look at it that way its very much far from ‘the top 16 junior clubs’ forming the WOSL if it is formed apart from the SJFA, which I have every faith it will be.

That's my point though. Having the mindset of creating a 'top division' based on some nebulous criteria is just going to cause problems rather than engagement with the concept of a WoSFL. There shouldn't be the case of anyone being turned down. They should be accepting everyone that meets the traditional requirements of the SoS/EoS.

If they get more applications than is workable for a single division, then parallel divisions for the inaugral season just like the EoSFL in 2018-19.

That's my point though. Having the mindset of creating a 'top division' based on some nebulous criteria is just going to cause problems rather than engagement with the concept of a WoSFL. There shouldn't be the case of anyone being turned down. They should be accepting everyone that meets the traditional requirements of the SoS/EoS.
If they get more applications than is workable for a single division, then parallel divisions for the inaugral season just like the EoSFL in 2018-19.

Think you’ll see that I said in terms of sporting integrity that they’ll have to accept everyone, however im not so sure how it’ll work in practice?? If there is to be a split in terms of divisions then the only persons who should be guaranteed top division would be a relegated LL team.
Personally think the league could sustain 16/18 teams max depending on how fixtures/cups will work out, id prefer not to have a junior type ‘lets have a cup for the sake of it’ affair, 1/2 max. Midweek games are a must.
The governing body has to learn from the mistakes of the SJFA, I do doubt however that a WOSL would need a full time employee at Hampden whos sole job would appear to be administering a cup they cant get a sponsor for and going on jollies with the Scotland team.

Course it would. Fun though [emoji14]
But in all seriousness there wouldnt be much in the way of sporting integrity if anyone was turned away.
Talbot could actually be a cracking senior team if your fans just actually had the vision to see it, you obviously already pay senior wages and the only thing missing from Beechwood is floodlights ( and a projectile free parking space for visiting buses [emoji6] ). So why not just look a bit beyond South Ayrshire, theres no reason why you can’t better Brechin City who ok had a shit season last year but still played at the second highest level in Scottish Football being from a town of similar size. No one wants to see a West League actually happen without Cumnock and Talbot (even if I personally dont enjoy visiting). You as Talbot fans have to view it as the next step in your clubs journey, because if you dont you’ll get left behind.
You seem to know more about the Talbot than I do. Some good points though. Already said a few times before on here.

Ps. It's East Ayrshire not South Ayrshire. Please do your homework before getting on your soap box

The EoS invited applications for an existing league, probably expecting only 3 or 4 at a push, and have taken a fair and pragmatic approach to handling their 23 applications.  They had to look after their existing members whilst also ensuring that clubs got what they applied for.

A WoS would be a different ball game - it would be set up from scratch with an expectation of having a set number of teams (eg 16).  They would likely be able to clearly state in advance how many places were available and give a rough idea of the sort of criteria which would be used to select their entrants.  They could also offer to create a second tier for the clubs who fell just short of the initial criteria.

1 hour ago, Talbot 78 said:

The likes of Talbot, Cumnock, Beith,Kilbirnie and possibly Buffs are not daft.

These teams if they go will go together. Despite mutual dislike and possible hatred there is too much history and allegiances for just one to go then another.
I expect if and when it happens all the big west teams will go together.

Until a few months ago I'd have said the same about Linlithgow Rose, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Penicuik...

Things change fast when clubs fear getting left behind.

Until a few months ago I'd have said the same about Linlithgow Rose, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Penicuik...
The difference is the west is far far stronger league ands better supported. Just look hope close all west leagues wete this season. The product is strong. Transfer it to a newco league as whole you may get a few raised eyebrows and backing.

4 hours ago, Talbot 78 said:
4 hours ago, GordonS said:

The difference is the west is far far stronger league ands better supported. Just look hope close all west leagues wete this season. The product is strong. Transfer it to a newco league as whole you may get a few raised eyebrows and backing.

It's not that much better supported. The main difference between east and west in what's going on right now is that there's no rival senior league in the west. If that changes, and it lures Clydebank, then maybe the Buffs, then Maryhill, then Pollok... it could well start a stampede as happened in the east.

It's not that much better supported. The main difference between east and west in what's going on right now is that there's no rival senior league in the west. If that changes, and it lures Clydebank, then maybe the Buffs, then Maryhill, then Pollok... it could well start a stampede as happened in the east.
If's and buts hysteria. That's probably why so many have jumped ship in the East. It will be interesting to see how it goes with them and how they manage to navigate their clubs.

I've said it from the start the East have nothing to lose as the competition is varied but for the West to leave it'll need to be a different viewpoint. The West juniors is the strongest product in the sjfa region.

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Think you’ll see that I said in terms of sporting integrity that they’ll have to accept everyone, however im not so sure how it’ll work in practice?? If there is to be a split in terms of divisions then the only persons who should be guaranteed top division would be a relegated LL team.
Personally think the league could sustain 16/18 teams max depending on how fixtures/cups will work out, id prefer not to have a junior type ‘lets have a cup for the sake of it’ affair, 1/2 max. Midweek games are a must.
The governing body has to learn from the mistakes of the SJFA, I do doubt however that a WOSL would need a full time employee at Hampden whos sole job would appear to be administering a cup they cant get a sponsor for and going on jollies with the Scotland team.

I just don't think they should worry about the idea of a top division. It should just be get everyone in & sort it out. 

I think a senior West of Scotland is unevitable and id expect all the top Ayrshire junior teams will join together.
I do think this is the beginning of the end for junior football.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes 100%.
Also agree, pretty reasonable, means those who want to can stay junior.

It's still going to mean changes but that's preferable to watching the remainder of the Junior grade going into palliative care. 

Looking forward to seeing how this develops. the west really needs to get it's finger oot. 

It's still going to mean changes but that's preferable to watching the remainder of the Junior grade going into palliative care. 
Looking forward to seeing how this develops. the west really needs to get it's finger oot. 

If the clubs were smart about it they could retain the West of Scotland cup as a cross association cup, still giving it a nod to the junior days etc.
Could Talbot get floodlights in btw? Or is there issues with the neighbours?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I just don't think they should worry about the idea of a top division. It should just be get everyone in & sort it out. 

They really should just take the existing 4 x 16 format for next season (assuming the Stonehouse Violet rumours are legit) and add that below the LL with the existing west region rather than SJFA in control, but the question of which set of blazers gets to run it will mean that we will almost certainly see a repeat of what happened in the east with all applicants starting at tier 6 in a transitional season with what's left of the west region running a parallel setup outside the pyramid.

Most west clubs are waiting for the SJFA AGM to hear what way the integration is going to go after the EOS rejected the East Region joining at the same level, however I'm sure if the SJFA pull out of joining the pyramid or show a delay past 2019/20 then who knows what will happen. The radio silence from the SJFA at the moment is a bit freightening 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If the clubs were smart about it they could retain the West of Scotland cup as a cross association cup, still giving it a nod to the junior days etc.
Could Talbot get floodlights in btw? Or is there issues with the neighbours?

Not sure about the floodlights thing tbh. 

I'm sure it was mooted as a possibility a few seasons ago and I don't think there were red tape issues just that the cost was prohibitively high for all they would be getting used. 

It would take someone better informed could clear that one up for you though.