Sign in to follow this  
underpar

Brechin City 2018 /19

Farfar's season tickets are £10 cheaper for a league above.  
I just hope there is a plan in there somewhere to justify this. 

A whole tenner eh. Crazy

10 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

A whole tenner eh. Crazy

A whole league below . ;)   

I can only hope we now go out and hunt for the best juniors and amateurs in the area with a bit of appetite for the game seeing as how all the  "pros"  don't fancy the seaside league. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Another week passes by and other clubs signing up and making moves.

If Smith is as well connected as he claims surely we would have had something by now.

Before purchasing a season ticket I was hoping for some positive news and so far I am not inspired.

2 hours ago, sneed hearn said:

Barry Smith always brought in good loan players when he was at East Fife.

You can only bring in a certain amount of loan players though.  We require a full squad. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You can only bring in a certain amount of loan players though.  We require a full squad. :rolleyes:

And we still need a full squad!

It will be like when Dods arrived, it will be that Daily Record list or whatever it was / is called.

Not seeing a win in the cup then.

St Johnstone, Ross County, Montrose and Forfar.

Do we have a team to play them with?

46 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

They will be shitting themselves having to take us on. :thumsup2   

We all dream of a team of Paddy O’Neill’s

Well we had fucking better cause that’s all we are getting

The first match is over 6 weeks away so yes, probably.

Notice that stenny and a few other clubs are doing a scheme that you can pay monthly for your season ticket. Wonder if this is some thing we could do ? Might encourage more people to buy them ? Maybe some thing that could be brought up at the AGM

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:

Notice that stenny and a few other clubs are doing a scheme that you can pay monthly for your season ticket. Wonder if this is some thing we could do ? Might encourage more people to buy them ? Maybe some thing that could be brought up at the AGM

Not sure there's much of a point to this?  I thought the whole point was to give the club cash at the start of the season to get players in etc?  You'd also be as well paying at the gate every second week, granted you'd be paying an extra couple of quid each time.

Not sure there's much of a point to this?  I thought the whole point was to give the club cash at the start of the season to get players in etc?  You'd also be as well paying at the gate every second week, granted you'd be paying an extra couple of quid each time.

I agree with this, I can’t understand the point. If you can’t afford to pay it in one go and help with the budgeting for the season, then you are as well paying in each week given that there’s every chance most would miss at least one or two games a season anyway.

One slight difference with Brechin City is that by buying a season ticket makes you a member.

Was just an idea that's all other clubs do it so there must be a point in it Or they wouldn't do it. I'll still be buying mine bit just thought it might encourage other people who cant just pay 200 in one go and it would add to the monthly income. But you both have a point

Don’t they do it through some sort of finance company? Basically getting a loan and paying it back with the club getting it all at when the season tickets purchased

Stenny does this as not everyone can afford it upfront. the cash goes in every month which I suppose helps pay the wages every month. do clubs pay sign on fees up front anymore at league 1 or 2 level?

We avoid them anyway.

By not fucking signing anyone! Burns away to Forfar too, Smith’s contract offers are going swimmingly.