Jump to content
underpar

Brechin City 2018 /19

Recommended Posts

On 14/04/2019 at 04:47, citydiehard said:

I told you all that Mr Dodds was the wrong appointment, I told you all that Mr Smith was the wrong appointment yet I was ridiculed by the mafia . I blame the committee for the predicament that we are in.Let's get rid of Smith and get the right man for the job and let him start rebuilding the squad for next season in division 2.

https://brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2124

 

Now is your chance  to get all your great ideas heard to help the club:thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Mr Ferguson looks on pie and Bovril.That was an awe inspiring statement on the club website - BULLSHIT, Mr Ferguson.Your new media group is pish its done nothing for the club.Your last 2 appointments of managers are shite.As for looking for new blood on the committee I've known people been trying to get onto the committee for the past couple of years but you have just ignored them.Unless you let the people in and appoint a new manager YOU will destroy the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, citydiehard said:

So Mr Ferguson looks on pie and Bovril.That was an awe inspiring statement on the club website - BULLSHIT, Mr Ferguson.Your new media group is pish its done nothing for the club.Your last 2 appointments of managers are shite.As for looking for new blood on the committee I've known people been trying to get onto the committee for the past couple of years but you have just ignored them.Unless you let the people in and appoint a new manager YOU will destroy the club.

Name the people that have been trying to get on the committee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So Mr Ferguson looks on pie and Bovril.That was an awe inspiring statement on the club website - BULLSHIT, Mr Ferguson.Your new media group is pish its done nothing for the club.Your last 2 appointments of managers are shite.As for looking for new blood on the committee I've known people been trying to get onto the committee for the past couple of years but you have just ignored them.Unless you let the people in and appoint a new manager YOU will destroy the club.
You are an absolute moron the media group do a fantastic job these people give up their spare time to do stuff for our club. What do you do to help ?? Why dont you try and get on the committee if you have better ideas ? Away back under your rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where from here apart from the obvious !! hopefully the committee were smart enough to put a clause in Barry Smith's contract about relegation and there is an option to move him out, I really do not think he is the person to move the club forward, worrying times for Brechin. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good gutting and change of faces is needed to stop the rot and bring in some fresh positivity both on and off the park. 

Hill, Tapping & Jacko to hopefully stay, the rest are up for debate (from the exception of Kavanagh as the fact he's an imposter of a player is simply not up for debate).  

If that means that we have to settle for a mid-table finish next season as a squad takes time to gel, then I can deal with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are an absolute moron the media group do a fantastic job these people give up their spare time to do stuff for our club. What do you do to help ?? Why dont you try and get on the committee if you have better ideas ? Away back under your rock


I was away to reply saying the media team has been the best thing about this season and then I realised it was citydiehard who is nothing more than a wind up merchant and a shite one at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was away to reply saying the media team has been the best thing about this season and then I realised it was citydiehard who is nothing more than a wind up merchant and a shite one at that.
Yeah you have a point and I should have known better than to rise to it but it just really wound me up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know how you feel, we went through the same process and didn't stop till we hit the bottom of league two. On a happier note do you still sell those magnificent skirlie pies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked and Brechin haven't visited the basement since 2001. Impressive.

Also, that's the longest run of avoiding the bottom league of all the clubs who've been part-time throughout the four league era. Airdrie are obviously PT now and have never been in the bottom league but have been FT for the majority of seasons over the past 20 years I'd guess.

The record now moves to Dumbarton who haven't visited the basement since 2009.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A good gutting and change of faces is needed to stop the rot and bring in some fresh positivity both on and off the park. 

Hill, Tapping & Jacko to hopefully stay, the rest are up for debate (from the exception of Kavanagh as the fact he's an imposter of a player is simply not up for debate).  

If that means that we have to settle for a mid-table finish next season as a squad takes time to gel, then I can deal with that. 

Has Kavanagh been poor for you?

Always thought he was ok at the Albion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Landry Zahanioni said:

Has Kavanagh been poor for you?

Always thought he was ok at the Albion...

Did he not bag both goals at the San Starko last Saturday? 

Aided and abetted by rank rotten defending and goalkeeping, but two goals nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

 Just checked and Brechin haven't visited the basement since 2001. Impressive.

Also, that's the longest run of avoiding the bottom league of all the clubs who've been part-time throughout the four league era. Airdrie are obviously PT now and have never been in the bottom league but have been FT for the majority of seasons over the past 20 years I'd guess.

The record now moves to Dumbarton who haven't visited the basement since 2009.

27 teams have played in the 4th tier since it was introduced.

Of which a staggering 20 of them have actually won the title - Edinburgh, Annan and Elgin have never been out of the bottom tier, perennial diddies Clyde, Stenhousemuir and East Stirling have also never won it whilst Stirling have 4 third tier titles to their credit since the leagues split into 3 in the 70s (4 in the 90s) but have still to win that elusive bottom league championship.

Meadowbank/Livvy, Peterhead,  East Fife, Arbroath and Alloa are the only teams to have won it more than once in its 25 years.

Interestingly of the 38 SFL teams when the league split into 3 divisions in the 70s only three of them have never won an SFL/SPL/SPFL league title of any description since the reorganisation -

the now departed Shire, Stenhousmuir - also the only one of those 38 to never get out into the top 2 tiers, 44 seasons of utter mediocrity, and that most beige club in beigedom  Kilmarnock.

 

Edited by Jason King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heard Jacko has agreed to go to the Smokies, dunno how much truth in that tho.


I heard Forfar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Time will tell. He must be sick o this lot that's for sure.


He's good when fit although not to keen on that if we are going up a league. Heard us linked with better strikers although looks like we could be losing Wallace, Doris could possibly be away and Spence and Donnelly have deals but unsure as to what will happen with them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacko usually keeps fit, most of his injuries have been work related. Think he would fancy a season in the championship after starting well before his stomach injury at work in our disaster up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1 said:

Heard Jacko has agreed to go to the Smokies, dunno how much truth in that tho.

 

58 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

 


I heard Forfar.

 

I heard Montrose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...