Jump to content

Brechin City 2018 /19


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

You boys have lost it if you think we can afford Gary Harkins.

Sadly you my be right but this is the type of player we need to get us out of this current situation.  

We can but hope.  High expectations should never be dismissed .  We have proved in years past that these things can sometimes be achieved with a bit of  speculation.  ;) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly you my be right but this is the type of player we need to get us out of this current situation.  
We can but hope.  High expectations should never be dismissed .  We have proved in years past that these things can sometimes be achieved with a bit of  speculation.   
 


There’s ambition and then there is totally unrealistic. Signed for Partick Thistle this afternoon.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

 


There’s ambition and then there is totally unrealistic. Signed for Partick Thistle this afternoon.

 

Ach well.  If we do manage to stay up we might be facing him next year. 

As I said though,   this is the kind of impact player we need right now.  There will be more released soon. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ach well.  If we do manage to stay up we might be facing him next year. 

As I said though,   this is the kind of impact player we need right now.  There will be more released soon. 

But do we have the money to release  ?  I am hearing at the Stenny game there was less than 60 paying customers :o

Edited by Best Team in Angus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But do we have the money to release  ?  I am hearing at the Stenny game there was less than 60 paying customers 
Without meaning to have a pop at committee , but what are they actually doing to attract punters ? They like to say we really a community club but I don't t think we are ,not like Montrose or Forfar .
We ve won 9 league games in almost 2 calender years and something like 3 cup games in almost 30 games . Surely we can do better than this .
Perhaps we ve been spoiled the last 30 years .
I'm gonna be honest what we re watching now is absolutely crap. A poor defence who have no confidence in a nervous keeper or vice versa perhaps .
Smith's tactics are no better and in fact may be worse than Dodsys, punt punt punt up to Jacko who's toiling now .
It's driving folk away the amount of folk walking out long before the final whistle these days is a worry .
If club want to compete in this league we need to gamble bring in better players , there's surely some money available . If not where's it gone ?
Moan over have a happy new year
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

But do we have the money to release  ?  I am hearing at the Stenny game there was less than 60 paying customers :o

We have to get rid of players to free up wages.  There are plenty who should go  but the trouble is some are on a longer contract.   Barry knows what he needs , just have to wait and see how it pans out  in January window. 

As I said though, we need a couple of reliable experienced  guys to build round .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CITYBHOY said:

Without meaning to have a pop at committee , but what are they actually doing to attract punters ? They like to say we really a community club but I don't t think we are ,not like Montrose or Forfar .
We ve won 9 league games in almost 2 calender years and something like 3 cup games in almost 30 games . Surely we can do better than this .
Perhaps we ve been spoiled the last 30 years .
I'm gonna be honest what we re watching now is absolutely crap. A poor defence who have no confidence in a nervous keeper or vice versa perhaps .
Smith's tactics are no better and in fact may be worse than Dodsys, punt punt punt up to Jacko who's toiling now .
It's driving folk away the amount of folk walking out long before the final whistle these days is a worry .
If club want to compete in this league we need to gamble bring in better players , there's surely some money available . If not where's it gone ?
Moan over have a happy new year emoji2.png

Think you need to give Smith a bit of time.  He's working with Dods' squad, who have been drilled to play defensive football and have barely any confidence.  He needs to be given at least until this time next season, if not til the end of the next season, to mould the team around how he wants to play.  Of course if we get relegated and are down the bottom end of League 2 at this stage next season then you need to be considering your options.  Massive clear-out needed in the summer in any case.

 

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have to get rid of players to free up wages.  There are plenty who should go  but the trouble is some are on a longer contract.   Barry knows what he needs , just have to wait and see how it pans out  in January window. 

As I said though, we need a couple of reliable experienced  guys to build round .

 

I'd let a couple of players go and if we can stretch the budget I'd try to get a couple of solid, experienced players in key positions - goalkeeper and midfielder.  Of course it will all depend on who is available in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



So what would you suggest?
Nothing against Smith I agree 100% let him get his own players but we need to find a balance and stop this exodus of support , so far apart from Forfar game when we had a good 15 minutes we ve been terrible and I think supports had enough , we are speaking diehards packing in now .
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing against Smith I agree 100% let him get his own players but we need to find a balance and stop this exodus of support , so far apart from Forfar game when we had a good 15 minutes we ve been terrible and I think supports had enough , we are speaking diehards packing in now .


I’m asking what you suggest the committee do to entice more supporters through the gate.

The managerial appointment has been made and it’s not working out so far but as you say we must let Barry bring in his own players as the squad is guff, even then there is only so much he can do in January. Not expecting miracles.
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I’m asking what you suggest the committee do to entice more supporters through the gate.

The managerial appointment has been made and it’s not working out so far but as you say we must let Barry bring in his own players as the squad is guff, even then there is only so much he can do in January. Not expecting miracles.
The best thing your committee could do is fold your club.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...