Brechin City 2018 /19

Yeah Hendry should run riot, he's not far off being a genuine threat to our starting strikers. 

He's very raw as he's not played a lot of senior games, think it's two serious injuries he's had, but he's looked comfortable at our level for the most part. 

Coped physically with Steven Caulker/Josh Meekings on Saturday and was winning headers, and probably has enough pace to pull away from League One centre halves, he's also scored some absolute rakers for our youths. 

Love comments from fans of higher league teams saying x player should 'run riot', most probably never watched a League 1 game in their puff. In my lifetime supporting Arbroath the only man I've ever seen actually 'run riot' in the same league as us is the man Shankland last season and FEB in a rampant Dunfermline. Goodwillie and McAllister have a habit of doing it too but not when we’ve been in same league.

No doubt he'll do well though, hopefully gives the broken Brechin fans some more excitement in their lives after all they've been through!!

ETA: just not on Saturday. [emoji12]

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Love comments from fans of higher league teams saying x player should 'run riot', most probably never watched a League 1 game in their puff. In my lifetime supporting Arbroath the only man I've ever seen actually 'run riot' in the same league as us is the man Shankland last season and FEB in a rampant Dunfermline. Goodwillie and McAllister have a habit of doing it too but not when we’ve been in same league.

No doubt he'll do well though, hopefully gives the broken Brechin fans some more excitement in their lives after all they've been through!!

ETA: just not on Saturday. emoji12.png

Shiteing it for Saturday ^^

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

ETA: just not on Saturday. emoji12.png

Someone bookmark this eh

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Love comments from fans of higher league teams saying x player should 'run riot', most probably never watched a League 1 game in their puff. 

Worth noting Saints fans have seen us play Forfar, East Fife and Montrose this season. So League One teams aren't a total unknown to us. 

Hendry has scored against QOS this season. 

Just now, nofixedability said:

Does that equal running riot? As good as the lad may be he’ll still be surrounded by journeymen and other youngsters. 

Well it came just days after he'd scored two against Dundee United, so it's a positive sign for him to be scoring freely against Championship sides. 

It's a good test for him, in the same way we loaned May to Alloa with the knowledge he'd have to step up and be a huge player for them. 

It'll make him or break him. 

^^
Shiteing it for Saturday
yours
a 'broken Brechin fan'

I shite it every single Saturday. We could be playing Brechin Vics and I’d be worried.

And the broken comment, you surely understand, it’s been a very hard year for you boys but things starting to look more positive. [emoji1360]

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt that. 

Some undoubtedly would have, as they do with all our young "superstars" but Hendry is different. Really excited to see how he does for Brechin as he's got a real chance and City fans should be pretty optimistic about this. Not sure we've loaned out a player of his abilty/stage of development to a League One or League Two club before and, big hot take, I include Stevie May in that when he went to Alloa.

His big problem is the injuries he's had and he needs to get into the habit of playing Saturday to Saturday. If he manages that I'd hope he'll do really well at Glebe Park. He needs to stay fit though.

A win and a draw from impossible positions will have Dods in his job for a time yet.

Which I do not mind if, and a very big IF he sets the team up for the whole 90minutes to play rather then defend which this year has been like last - no use! 

Being two goals down twice in twenty minutes and a third time with half an hour to go is no good at all.

However when we play to get it back we have looked, clearly competitive but for whatever reason we do not see it often enough - too safe and that is what will cost us.

Let the handbrake off Dods, like last year we will get beat but are also likely to win a few more.

How we are forth in the league I will never know but welcome.