Brechin City 2018 /19

Tam Scobbie looks another decent signing for you guys but, if Wikipedia is accurate, it now looks like you have eight defenders, two goalkeepers and only three strikers (Shields, Jackson and Kavanagh) in a 21 man squad.

That feels quite unbalanced.

Don’t get me wrong that’s a terrific signing but why are we signing another defender when we have next to no options going forward? As the above chap has said our squad has no balance at all.

Defenders/defence minded midfielders.

Burns, McGeever, J Tapping, Hill, Toshney, Scobbie, McLean, Smith, Morena, Robertson, Spark, Lynas

Way too defensively heavy imo

Unless the 3 injured guys McGeever, Tapping and Robertson are out long term?!

Striker please!

Don’t get me wrong that’s a terrific signing but why are we signing another defender when we have next to no options going forward? As the above chap has said our squad has no balance at all.

Defenders/defence minded midfielders.
Burns, McGeever, J Tapping, Hill, Toshney, Scobbie, McLean, Smith, Morena, Robertson, Spark, Lynas

Way too defensively heavy imo

Unless the 3 injured guys McGeever, Tapping and Robertson are out long term?!

Striker please!
I don't think our problem is going forward it's at the back letting goals in. We let 5 in on Saturday most of them defensive errors so I think Barry is trying to sort that

I don't think our problem is going forward it's at the back letting goals in. We let 5 in on Saturday most of them defensive errors so I think Barry is trying to sort that

Tell me where the goals are going to come from then? Or rather who is going to create them?

Defence is always going to make mistakes when we can’t keep the ball up the other end of the park and they are constantly under pressure.

Tell me where the goals are going to come from then? Or rather who is going to create them?

Defence is always going to make mistakes when we can’t keep the ball up the other end of the park and they are constantly under pressure.
Ross Kanangh and CraigThomoson have been brought in two forward thinking players Thompson has been playing right back due to injurys bringing in Scobie means he can go into that position which means he can now go in to the midfield which gives us another option going forward. Do you really think he is just signing players for the sake of it ? Barry wants to win games as much as we do and I don't think he would be getting players in that couldn't help with that.

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:
12 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Ross Kanangh and CraigThomoson have been brought in two forward thinking players Thompson has been playing right back due to injurys bringing in Scobie means he can go into that position which means he can now go in to the midfield which gives us another option going forward. Do you really think he is just signing players for the sake of it ? Barry wants to win games as much as we do and I don't think he would be getting players in that couldn't help with that.

Think its his previous record as a manager that does not fill you with confidence that he can set up an attacking team. The players mentioned above  may be forward thinking players but Ross has scored 11 & Craig 4 hardly prolific. But lets hope that his masterplan works !! mon the city