• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Ok so after seeing forfar and Montrose season ticket prices I take my comments back I may have over reacted

Having spoken to a few committee guys recently I don t think money situs as rosey as we d all think so maybe justified at keeping prices as they were . We ve been cheep in recent years

Must have made a few quid last season, surely

2 hours ago, ecto said:

It is not as simple as that .  With the debts from previous years  basically cleared it has got us back in the black again . However rising operational costs and a stadium in need of some maintenance  soon gobbles into any spare cash.   Good thing is that we are starting the season from a far better financial position than years previously. 

It is not as simple as that .  With the debts from previous years  basically cleared it has got us back in the black again . However rising operational costs and a stadium in need of some maintenance  soon gobbles into any spare cash.   Good thing is that we are starting the season from a far better financial position than years previously. 

Fair enough

As Hedgie says plus security ( stewarding ) cost s a whack every week . ( forgive the pun ). Plus they are disappointed about Dunfermline and Dundee Utd games being mid week that cost club a good few thousands . Plus players wages jumped up .
But we re far better off than we would ve been I guess.

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

As Hedgie says plus security ( stewarding ) cost s a whack every week . ( forgive the pun emoji109.png). Plus they are disappointed about Dunfermline and Dundee Utd games being mid week that cost club a good few thousands . Plus players wages jumped up .

But must have been big savings with no win bonuses being paid out:lol:

But must have been big savings with no win bonuses being paid out
Na £10000 a man to beat Buckie honest

As Hedgie says plus security ( stewarding ) cost s a whack every week . ( forgive the pun ). Plus they are disappointed about Dunfermline and Dundee Utd games being mid week that cost club a good few thousands . Plus players wages jumped up .

Players wages jumped up, really, you took a league 1 squad into the championship, the results proved this, get the stewarding and unfortunate fixture timing, but if some of these players last season were on higher wages than the season before, the person who agreed to this needs to be put in a cage at the roundabout outside Mackie Motors, so people can come and visit and have a right good laugh

Players wages jumped up, really, you took a league 1 squad into the championship, the results proved this, get the stewarding and unfortunate fixture timing, but if some of these players last season were on higher wages than the season before, the person who agreed to this needs to be put in a cage at the roundabout outside Mackie Motors, so people can come and visit and have a right good laugh
You won t find me arguing with that statement. In fact the signings were worse in some cases than guys who won promotion .

See no problem with season ticket prices, in fact they are cheap. Admission prices like others have said is in line with similar teams. Ideally it would be cheaper but just the way things are going.

Surely there was only a modest increase in the wages last season?! After all there was no win bonuses paid out which will have surely saved a bit of dosh. Doubt the wage structure would have included considerable bonuses anyway given how few wins we were likely to get.

Players took cuts last season while some were on very good wages so I’m led to believe

New season,new start for Dodds.I'm going to try and be positive for once,happy with the players signed so far let's hope for another few good signings.I will give Dodds about 10 games if no improvement then surely he should go or be sacked.

11 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

New season,new start for Dodds.I'm going to try and be positive for once,happy with the players signed so far let's hope for another few good signings.I will give Dodds about 10 games if no improvement then surely he should go or be sacked.

Spelling his surname correctly would probably be a good start.

Don’t want to b on the downward thinking but Dods shouldn’t be in a job on saying that he is and we need to back him.now it will be up to Ken n co to deal with it appropriately.

On 6/5/2018 at 20:09, CITY1974 said:

Plus they are disappointed about Dunfermline and Dundee Utd games being mid week that cost club a good few thousands . 

But a major bonus when the last game against St Mirren was a potential league winner for them.  That more than offset any reduction in numbers against Dunfy or Arabs.

But a major bonus when the last game against St Mirren was a potential league winner for them.  That more than offset any reduction in numbers against Dunfy or Arabs.
I'm not arguing just saying what I was told

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

On 06/06/2018 at 14:55, citydiehard said:

You going to the AGM to have your say :whistle

Not much happening at all . No much motivation to buy season tickets . Heard on Friday night Brechin City not sending any representative to City youth s gala day next week end .That s the side of the club that I find poor.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app