Brechin City 2018 /19

4 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

April 2017 . I got it right this time .

We ve an open topped bus tour  planned for lunchtime today .It's not going along River St incase it incites trouble with jealous Vics fans , followed by a luncheon at The Mechanics Instit ute,  mugs , the shirts and DVD s to follow. 

Do Beans still have an open top bus :whistle

Edited by Best Team in Angus

Tapping has been excellent through pre-season and the two competitive games so far. For the first time in his career he’s had a decent injury-free run and long may it continue. He’ll be a huge player for us this season.

Tapping has been excellent through pre-season and the two competitive games so far. For the first time in his career he’s had a decent injury-free run and long may it continue. He’ll be a huge player for us this season.
Agree tapping was brillaint going to be a big player for us but just need to keep him free from injury. His brother looks pretty good as well was unlucky to miss out on Tuesday but I think he was carrying an injury

3 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So whats happened to this player awaiting international clearance think that was all bluff to help out CITY1974 re his tale about an incoming striker   :football:

The chairman said to me and a couple other guys at a friendly  that we were looking to bring in a goalscorer with a proven track record .

But im thinking it might ve been Meggison or Greg Spence ??? 

Who ve got clubs now . 

I ve no idea about any international signing im afraid.  

On 20/07/2018 at 09:43, CITY1974 said:

The chairman said to me and a couple other guys at a friendly  that we were looking to bring in a goalscorer with a proven track record .

But im thinking it might ve been Meggison or Greg Spence ??? 

Who ve got clubs now . 

I ve no idea about any international signing im afraid.  

The chairman told you really ? was he pished:lol:

Led to believe that Dailly and Harvey signings are short term to give some time to get others in, which I am led to believe is a striker.

Storie is not training with us - not fit and  not trying hard enough to get fit.

McGeaver is looking to be ready for Stenny and is working hard - this would be good as at the moment we have C Tapping, Pabs and Hill all suspended for the opener.

Jackson is approaching fitness too but carrying weight.

As much info as I have.

And if you speak to committee members they do speak to you, clarly like anyone if you seek to attack them they will go defensive. I have found them open to discussions if you approach them with a decent attitude.

McGeaver is looking to be ready for Stenny and is working hard - this would be good as at the moment we have C Tapping, Pabs and Hill all suspended for the opener.

Seriously?! Every feckin season we have several players suspended for the opening league game. Two first choice centre halves and our best player as well. Wouldn’t expect McGeever to come straight in for that one, more likely to go with Euan Smith and Jordan Tapping I’d have thought. Far from ideal but McGeever would be a risk.

16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We are still 2nd in our cup section at the half way point. Surely not as meh as last season ??? 

I did say a Meh pre season !!!!! (regarding signing s etc ) I m delighted with the start.A wee bit more luck against Peterhead and we d be top 

Signing in time for tomorrow's game ! Heard that phrase almost every other week last season . But hopefully it's true .

Be good to get a couple young loanees in . Think your allowed up to 15 now a days. Well Sevco are 

Signing in time for tomorrow's game ! Heard that phrase almost every other week last season . But hopefully it's true .
Be good to get a couple young loanees in . Think your allowed up to 15 now a days. Well Sevco are 

Nothing to get excited about, it’ll just be the Harvey Dailly signing confirmed.