Brechin City 2018 /19

15 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

Not sure there's much of a point to this?  I thought the whole point was to give the club cash at the start of the season to get players in etc?  You'd also be as well paying at the gate every second week, granted you'd be paying an extra couple of quid each time.

13 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I agree with this, I can’t understand the point. If you can’t afford to pay it in one go and help with the budgeting for the season, then you are as well paying in each week given that there’s every chance most would miss at least one or two games a season anyway.

One slight difference with Brechin City is that by buying a season ticket makes you a member.

Dumbarton offer a 3 monthly payment scheme - first payment in May, second in June, last payment in July. The punter gets his season ticket and the club still get all their money before the start of the season. 3 payments of £80 is much better for someone on a tight budget.

Dumbarton offer a 3 monthly payment scheme - first payment in May, second in June, last payment in July. The punter gets his season ticket and the club still get all their money before the start of the season. 3 payments of £80 is much better for someone on a tight budget.

If the club get all the money at the start of the season then that’s fair enough, and something perhaps worth looking into.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That seems reasonable enough and a nice compromise.

As far as signings go, I'm not sure what people are expecting.  I didn't expect many - if any - of the ones that were offered contracts to re-sign, and now we are in League 2 we will likely have to wait until sides in leagues above us have their squads shaping up before we can get anyone that's available.  Nobody is going to agree to sign for Brechin right now if they have potential offers elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

As far as signings go, I'm not sure what people are expecting.  I didn't expect many - if any - of the ones that were offered contracts to re-sign, and now we are in League 2 we will likely have to wait until sides in leagues above us have their squads shaping up before we can get anyone that's available.  Nobody is going to agree to sign for Brechin right now if they have potential offers elsewhere.

Stenny & Albion Rovers seem to be managing  to sign players  

Edited by Best Team in Angus

3 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

Accrington Stanley have a loyalty card scheme that I thought was a good idea - where you qualify for it after attending x no of games and then get a reduced walk-up rate. It will never be cheaper than a season ticket because you pay for x games at full whack first, but might encourage a few folk to turn up to 2  or 3 more games a season. And £12 is better than £0

On the player recruitment, plenty of guys were released without offers. I'll put my hands up and admit I was one of those saying we needed more or less a clean sweep but it's not looking so smart now. The likes of Lynas, Sinclair, Smith, Orsi, all played in the championship just over 12 months ago. Admittedly not very well - but it's not unreasonable to think they could have been effective in L2. Of course we don't know the personal circs of these guys and maybe some weren't offered new deals because they'd already indicated they were likely to be away. But hope Barry has some better ideas soon

I too thought a clean out was required but B Smith said he'd be using his and Steve's connections to get players in - not looking well connected now.

Pre season must start in about 3 weeks with cup games in July. 

And if other players are waiting it out due to other offers it is unlikely we will be getting them - our budget must be very limited compared to others.