Brechin City 2018 /19

6 hours ago, B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1 said:

We are gonna have to accept that it will be a team of pretty much new faces next season.

Not necessarily a terrible thing.   If I were a player considering a club in our situation, I'd be more likely to join it knowing that it's having a fresh change and that recent losing is pretty much in club name only.

7 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

I keep forgetting THAT keepers name. It will be a new start next year with many new faces however we need to try and keep our better performing ones

Oneil has signed, Bowman has not... what does this say about smith??

He was a capable no1 in L1.

He must have been told he will b 1st choice otherwise why would he?

With all this happening it certainly looks like Smith is staying, now get Jacko, Trappings x2, Spark, Hill, Burns, Thomson signed up. Maybe Robertson and Miller and the get some forward thinking players in.

Attack, attack......... we can hope.

Few of those guys won’t stick around i don’t think. From what I was hearing at the Stenny game Jacko has been offered a very good deal at Forfar and despite wanting to stay will deffo be away
Was at us as a loan years ago and I'm hearing that too. Smoke fire etc.

On 14/05/2019 at 22:39, Citytillidie said:

Pabs saying on Facebook he is away

If this is true then great shame. Super player and captain. Sounds as tho Smith is staying in that case then as it was starting to look like he didn't fancy Paul towards the end of the season. Much good that did him, and us. Sinclair another I would have kept, notwithstanding he could never finish a game but neither of their faces fitted. In that case I really hope for all our sakes that Barry has some better ideas for next year and some better than adequate replacements lined up. Not United duds! Pabs - hope all works out for you and thanks for everything but particularly for that goal v forfar. I was right behind the goal and will remember Rab Douglas's despairing dive for many a year...

Come on BCFC committee, all we have is speculation. You now have the chance to try to rebuild your trust and keep the fans updated for the biggest challenge we have faced in a long time. You have all the media platforms to your disposal, use them, pass on some news and info, and try to get the club and fans pulling together.

12 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Paul McLean signed for us this morning (according to our Twitter). Any news about him folks? Honestly can’t say I know a thing about him other than he was your captain.

Great servant to our club. A solid pro who will give you everything ........as long as you have someone who knows how to play him.   He was hampered by injury these past couple of seasons too .  If he stays fit he will be a good signing. 

I am a bit shocked that given his service to our club he was only given a line of recognition in the rambling club statement.  Hopefully our media team are working on a more fitting farewell for Pabs.  

I will take the opportunity here to thank him for his loyalty to the club . He has been one of our most consistent performers throughout his time here.  It was always a pleasure chatting with him and his family who attended games home and away.  A real gentleman who will be quite a loss to the club .   I wish him well in the future but obviously not when he plays us ! :lol:

Paul McLean signed for us this morning (according to our Twitter). Any news about him folks? Honestly can’t say I know a thing about him other than he was your captain.

He’s been a terrific servant for us over the years. Solid and dependable for much of it but can not deny he is a shadow of the player he was. He would be the first to admit this.

Hope he can get back to his best as he is a great lad and I wish him well.

The key bits from the website:

Barry & Steve are to continue to manage the team for the new season.

Callum Tapping, Paddy O'Neil, Jordan Tapping, Mikey Miller, Craig Thomson, Sean Burns and Scott Robertson have all been offered deals. 

Andy Jackson and Dougie Hill are considering offers from a higher division.   Paul McLean has decided to move on to a League 2 Club

those departing Glebe Park are Ryan McGeever, Dene Shields, Ross Kavanagh, Kalvin Orsi, Aron Lynas, Euan Smith, Jordan Sinclair and Giuliano Morena - whilst Graham Bowman and Euan Spark have been invited back to join us during our pre-season preparations.

Edited by Hedgecutter