Brechin City 2018 /19

9 hours ago, citydiehard said:

So Mr Ferguson looks on pie and Bovril.That was an awe inspiring statement on the club website - BULLSHIT, Mr Ferguson.Your new media group is pish its done nothing for the club.Your last 2 appointments of managers are shite.As for looking for new blood on the committee I've known people been trying to get onto the committee for the past couple of years but you have just ignored them.Unless you let the people in and appoint a new manager YOU will destroy the club.

Name the people that have been trying to get on the committee 

So Mr Ferguson looks on pie and Bovril.That was an awe inspiring statement on the club website - BULLSHIT, Mr Ferguson.Your new media group is pish its done nothing for the club.Your last 2 appointments of managers are shite.As for looking for new blood on the committee I've known people been trying to get onto the committee for the past couple of years but you have just ignored them.Unless you let the people in and appoint a new manager YOU will destroy the club.
You are an absolute moron the media group do a fantastic job these people give up their spare time to do stuff for our club. What do you do to help ?? Why dont you try and get on the committee if you have better ideas ? Away back under your rock

A good gutting and change of faces is needed to stop the rot and bring in some fresh positivity both on and off the park. 

Hill, Tapping & Jacko to hopefully stay, the rest are up for debate (from the exception of Kavanagh as the fact he's an imposter of a player is simply not up for debate).  

If that means that we have to settle for a mid-table finish next season as a squad takes time to gel, then I can deal with that. 

You are an absolute moron the media group do a fantastic job these people give up their spare time to do stuff for our club. What do you do to help ?? Why dont you try and get on the committee if you have better ideas ? Away back under your rock

I was away to reply saying the media team has been the best thing about this season and then I realised it was citydiehard who is nothing more than a wind up merchant and a shite one at that.

I was away to reply saying the media team has been the best thing about this season and then I realised it was citydiehard who is nothing more than a wind up merchant and a shite one at that.
Yeah you have a point and I should have known better than to rise to it but it just really wound me up

Just checked and Brechin haven't visited the basement since 2001. Impressive.

Also, that's the longest run of avoiding the bottom league of all the clubs who've been part-time throughout the four league era. Airdrie are obviously PT now and have never been in the bottom league but have been FT for the majority of seasons over the past 20 years I'd guess.

The record now moves to Dumbarton who haven't visited the basement since 2009.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A good gutting and change of faces is needed to stop the rot and bring in some fresh positivity both on and off the park. 

Hill, Tapping & Jacko to hopefully stay, the rest are up for debate (from the exception of Kavanagh as the fact he's an imposter of a player is simply not up for debate).  

If that means that we have to settle for a mid-table finish next season as a squad takes time to gel, then I can deal with that. 

Has Kavanagh been poor for you?

Always thought he was ok at the Albion...

18 minutes ago, Landry Zahanioni said:

Has Kavanagh been poor for you?

Always thought he was ok at the Albion...

Did he not bag both goals at the San Starko last Saturday? 

Aided and abetted by rank rotten defending and goalkeeping, but two goals nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Just checked and Brechin haven't visited the basement since 2001. Impressive.

Also, that's the longest run of avoiding the bottom league of all the clubs who've been part-time throughout the four league era. Airdrie are obviously PT now and have never been in the bottom league but have been FT for the majority of seasons over the past 20 years I'd guess.

The record now moves to Dumbarton who haven't visited the basement since 2009.

27 teams have played in the 4th tier since it was introduced.

Of which a staggering 20 of them have actually won the title - Edinburgh, Annan and Elgin have never been out of the bottom tier, perennial diddies Clyde, Stenhousemuir and East Stirling have also never won it whilst Stirling have 4 third tier titles to their credit since the leagues split into 3 in the 70s (4 in the 90s) but have still to win that elusive bottom league championship.

Meadowbank/Livvy, Peterhead,  East Fife, Arbroath and Alloa are the only teams to have won it more than once in its 25 years.

Interestingly of the 38 SFL teams when the league split into 3 divisions in the 70s only three of them have never won an SFL/SPL/SPFL league title of any description since the reorganisation -

the now departed Shire, Stenhousmuir - also the only one of those 38 to never get out into the top 2 tiers, 44 seasons of utter mediocrity, and that most beige club in beigedom  Kilmarnock.

Edited by Jason King

Time will tell. He must be sick o this lot that's for sure.

He's good when fit although not to keen on that if we are going up a league. Heard us linked with better strikers although looks like we could be losing Wallace, Doris could possibly be away and Spence and Donnelly have deals but unsure as to what will happen with them too.

He's good when fit although not to keen on that if we are going up a league. Heard us linked with better strikers although looks like we could be losing Wallace, Doris could possibly be away and Spence and Donnelly have deals but unsure as to what will happen with them too.

Who else have you boys been linked with?

I'm hoping it isn't a certain Dumbarton striker who has been in scintillating form for the last 2 or 3 months.