Brechin City 2018 /19

Can’t understand why Paddy was dropped yesterday. Prior to the last couple of games he’s been superb. A mistake or two and he’s out for a keeper who hasn’t played for god knows how long and looking at highlights he makes a total clanger for second goal. Why shout for it and then not come for it?! Pub league stuff.

Reading the report it says Jordan Tapping was put on upfront when Kavanagh was on the bench? Now I’m no fan of Kavanagh but why fucking sign him if you’d rather put on a Centre half in his position?!?!

Barry has not improved us and doubt if I can bring myself to go to the Glebe next Saturday to watch Arbroath win the league and put another nail in our coffin. Soul destroying.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

Can’t understand why Paddy was dropped yesterday. Prior to the last couple of games he’s been superb. A mistake or two and he’s out for a keeper who hasn’t played for god knows how long and looking at highlights he makes a total clanger for second goal. Why shout for it and then not come for it?! Pub league stuff.

Reading the report it says Jordan Tapping was put on upfront when Kavanagh was on the bench? Now I’m no fan of Kavanagh but why fucking sign him if you’d rather put on a Centre half in his position?!?!

Barry has not improved us and doubt if I can bring myself to go to the Glebe next Saturday to watch Arbroath win the league and put another nail in our coffin. Soul destroying.

Some1 please tell me why paddy has been dropped? smith trying to make him a Scapegoat 

Not seeing how we will stay up. Team not offering anything like a fight. It is systematic of four years of  poor signings. 

How many games we played since Dodds and won? No cups as they have been gash.

I fear for us dropping a league all our long standing players will be gone, maybe a good thing?

Either way we may keep dropping, never thought Smith was an inspiring appointment.

Four years of poor football has left only the truly committed (and we should be) going and even those are beginning to disappear.

Clearly our performances over a season has not helped but other scores today went against us. RR FFS. And currently Airdrie, FFS.

Today was as solid as we have been for ages (but no sue to our keeper, why is Paddy not playing) but to the defence in front. Still v limited as an attacking force.

Onto next week.

2 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Clearly our performances over a season has not helped but other scores today went against us. RR FFS. And currently Airdrie, FFS.

Today was as solid as we have been for ages (but no sue to our keeper, why is Paddy not playing) but to the defence in front. Still v limited as an attacking force.

Onto next week.

If we can't beat Stranraer next week then one win in four games against them suggests we deserve playoffs at best.

If we can't beat Stenny in the last game then we don't deserve to stay up, although  I foresee play-off safe Forfar gifting Stenny points and making that a must-win for us.  :(

That said, game's a bogey for Raith now (only playing for a second leg at home now) so goodness knows what'll happen when we visit Starks. 

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

If we can't beat Stranraer next week then one win in four games against them suggests we deserve playoffs at best.

If we can't beat Stenny in the last game then we don't deserve to stay up, although  I foresee play-off safe Forfar gifting Stenny points and making that a must-win for us.  :(

That said, game's a bogey for Raith now (only playing for a second leg at home now) so goodness knows what'll happen when we visit Starks. 

We are fucked. 

I told you all that Mr Dodds was the wrong appointment, I told you all that Mr Smith was the wrong appointment yet I was ridiculed by the mafia . I blame the committee for the predicament that we are in.Let's get rid of Smith and get the right man for the job and let him start rebuilding the squad for next season in division 2.

I told you all that Mr Dodds was the wrong appointment, I told you all that Mr Smith was the wrong appointment yet I was ridiculed by the mafia . I blame the committee for the predicament that we are in.Let's get rid of Smith and get the right man for the job and let him start rebuilding the squad for next season in division 2.

Lottery numbers please mate

6 hours ago, citydiehard said:

I told you all that Mr Dodds was the wrong appointment, I told you all that Mr Smith was the wrong appointment yet I was ridiculed by the mafia .

Had we held off making a managerial replacement for a month or so, we could have snapped up an unattached Mourinho right enough.

Any of you guys got any memories of Greig Smith playing for you?  Works in my office and he was showing me a picture of him breaking Jorg Albertz foot at Ibrox :lol:   Other than being the only man to ever break a hammer did he do anything else?

Any of you guys got any memories of Greig Smith playing for you?  Works in my office and he was showing me a picture of him breaking Jorg Albertz foot at Ibrox [emoji38]   Other than being the only man to ever break a hammer did he do anything else?
Showing a picture of breaking a lad foot......That's well cool.Must of been pish if that's his claim to fame

Just now, mo83 said:
33 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
Any of you guys got any memories of Greig Smith playing for you?  Works in my office and he was showing me a picture of him breaking Jorg Albertz foot at Ibrox emoji38.png   Other than being the only man to ever break a hammer did he do anything else?

Showing a picture of breaking a lad foot......That's well cool.Must of been pish if that's his claim to fame

Weirdly enough he didn't just come up and show it off.  We got chatting about his career and I asked what the biggest game he played in was.  He was trying to block a shot and caught Albertz and he has a few photos off his football days on his phone. He played at Easter Road and was playing in the big game at Central Park to decide promotion back in 2001. I take great glee in the fact that we won that one!

No idea why you've been such a twat about it.

26 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Any of you guys got any memories of Greig Smith playing for you?  Works in my office and he was showing me a picture of him breaking Jorg Albertz foot at Ibrox :lol:   Other than being the only man to ever break a hammer did he do anything else?

Very under rated  in my opinion , probably due to his stature.  He was tall but slight of build which a lot of folk strangely saw  as a weakness . As you mentioned above though , he wasn't afraid of a challenge or two , no matter the opposition's reputation .  Nothing in particular sticks out achievement wise but he was a solid , no nonsense player who you could rely on and a genuinely nice guy. 

Weirdly enough he didn't just come up and show it off.  We got chatting about his career and I asked what the biggest game he played in was.  He was trying to block a shot and caught Albertz and he has a few photos off his football days on his phone. He played at Easter Road and was playing in the big game at Central Park to decide promotion back in 2001. I take great glee in the fact that we won that one!
No idea why you've been such a twat about it.
Should have said that in the first place then!Not being a twat about it just asking a question my friend