Brechin City 2018 /19

Think its his previous record as a manager that does not fill you with confidence that he can set up an attacking team. The players mentioned above  may be forward thinking players but Ross has scored 11 & Craig 4 hardly prolific. But lets hope that his masterplan works !! mon the city
Yeah you do have a point there but what we are seeing now is better than the crap we have had to watch for the last 2 years

17 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Don’t get me wrong that’s a terrific signing but why are we signing another defender when we have next to no options going forward? As the above chap has said our squad has no balance at all.

Defenders/defence minded midfielders.

Burns, McGeever, J Tapping, Hill, Toshney, Scobbie, McLean, Smith, Morena, Robertson, Spark, Lynas

Way too defensively heavy imo

Unless the 3 injured guys McGeever, Tapping and Robertson are out long term?!

Striker please!

Burns out now as well with broken arm.  That is why Scobie was signed.    Seemingly a striker is on the radar but finding good strikers is like finding  like hens' teeth. 

What folk fail to realise is that for the past 3 or 4 games we have only had 2 outfield players on the bench and players have had to play in strange positions.   When everyone is fit again it looks like a really strong squad for the run in. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Burns out now as well with broken arm.  That is why Scobie was signed.    Seemingly a striker is on the radar but finding good strikers is like finding  like hens' teeth. 
What folk fail to realise is that for the past 3 or 4 games we have only had 2 outfield players on the bench and players have had to play in strange positions.   When everyone is fit again it looks like a really strong squad for the run in. 

That's a big blow having burns out def one of our best players. He needs to keep playing Ewan Smith where he's being playing him hea looking pretty good just now

19 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Well well well Smythe signs another defender , just like Mr Dodds overloading the squad with defenders.We need a decent coach that knows we need attackers not defenders.

Well well well .  Pugwash  obviously has his finger on the pulse .    Another insightful contribution . :1eye

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Well well well .  Pugwash  obviously has his finger on the pulse .    Another insightful contribution . :1eye

Perhaps if we had a manager/coach that knew what he was doing I might stop moaning but at the moment Smythe is just like Dodds CLUELESS.

Yeah you do have a point there but what we are seeing now is better than the crap we have had to watch for the last 2 years

Is it though? Other than the first game I don’t it is. I know Barry needs to make his own stamp on the team and the side against Montrose featured a few of his signings and we went down to one of the worst results for a long time.

33 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Is it though? Other than the first game I don’t it is. I know Barry needs to make his own stamp on the team and the side against Montrose featured a few of his signings and we went down to one of the worst results for a long time.

Yet we won our two previous encounters , one against a full time promotion seeking side. 

21 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

People on here are always so negitive yes it was a heavy defeat but we won the 2 games before that and as hedge said we had 2 for players on the bench and most of the others out of position.

Its difficult to be positive I really want it to work out for Smith but i am afraid I did not think it was a good appointment at the time and as of yet have not changed my mind. Apart from a wee purple period at Dundee he has done nothing at any club he has been at and most of these clubs had better resources than Brechin.