Brechin City 2018 /19

8 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

So we loose a striker, sign a midfielder, defender and a goalie. Is Connor going somewhere?

Anyone want to explain the logic particularly as defence looks settled. Midfielder ok but defender and goalie?!

Building a balanced squad was never Smiths strong point, just ask John McGlynn.

16 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Finished ‘running riot’.

It didn't work out, that happens sometimes with young players in struggling squads.

Worth mentioning it was Saints who recalled him, and he's likely to be in the match day squad for today's game at Tyencastle.

13 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

So we loose a striker, sign a midfielder, defender and a goalie. Is Connor going somewhere?

Anyone want to explain the logic particularly as defence looks settled. Midfielder ok but defender and goalie?!

Connor is shite basically.   Toshney will add cover to a defence plagued by injury and we are crying out for attacking creativity in midfield.

Simple logic. ;)

Edit...  Seemingly we were down to 13 fit players before the signings so I think they are all welcome. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Connor is shite basically.   Toshney will add cover to a defence plagued by injury and we are crying out for attacking creativity in midfield.

Simple logic. ;)

Edit...  Seemingly we were down to 13 fit players before the signings so I think they are all welcome. 

If Connor goes then yes and based on  injuries all seem sound. Despite a v good performance today we need another striker.

Robertson, tapping x2 , shields, McGeavet all injured. I also assume Spark is too, maybe suspended. Am I missing g anyone?

Ps today also shows what Dodds know about keepers. Paddy was excellent today but never got a fair shout far Dodds.

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Tell me everything you have on Boris Melingui. He's starting as a trialist for us today.

Saw he scored. Hope he did enough otherwise to get a deal - thought he was quite unlucky with City - started the season pretty well, worked very hard and scored a couple. Then drifted onto the bench as the squad bulked up a bit, and never really seemed to get more than the odd few minutes as a sub after that, under either Dodd or Smith. Maybe he didn't show up all that well in training, but I always felt there was more of a chance of something happening when he was on the pitch. Best of luck Boris!

13 minutes ago, Infirmary Street said:

Saw he scored. Hope he did enough otherwise to get a deal - thought he was quite unlucky with City - started the season pretty well, worked very hard and scored a couple. Then drifted onto the bench as the squad bulked up a bit, and never really seemed to get more than the odd few minutes as a sub after that, under either Dodd or Smith. Maybe he didn't show up all that well in training, but I always felt there was more of a chance of something happening when he was on the pitch. Best of luck Boris!

He did. It was a smashing header too, he's got some leap on him for such a wee guy.

He picked up Man of the Match, and probably deserved it for looking like one of very few players who were that bothered about the result. Buzzed about a fair bit, and showed some great strength to hold off defenders who towered over him. Ideally we need a targetman type (Robert Thomson in a dream world), but Boris will have done his chances no harm at all today.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

That was not too shabby today

On 1/25/2019 at 18:58, citydiehard said:

What a shite signing,Mr Smythe is worse than Dodds for signings.Overloaded with defenders and noir enough strikers now that Hendry is away back to his club.We need more attack minded signings.

Shows what you know.  Toshney was superb.