Brechin City 2018 /19

Spark,Smith, Lynas , Dailly and Orsi s the guys I'd let go. I think Lynas is now a liability who s gonna seriously injure an opponent , Sparky's a Dundee junior , Euan Smith's just too slow and Orsi s just never done enough for me plenty effort but no end product . Plus Dailly s not going to get a chance .

8 hours ago, CITYBHOY said:

Spark,Smith, Lynas , Dailly and Orsi s the guys I'd let go. I think Lynas is now a liability who s gonna seriously injure an opponent , Sparky's a Dundee junior , Euan Smith's just too slow and Orsi s just never done enough for me plenty effort but no end product . Plus Dailly s not going to get a chance .

You say let go but if they are in contract and don't want to move its going to cost fair bit of cash to let them go 

Do you really think the board are going to free up funds for him? Probably needs to bring in half a dozen players, just don’t see him being given the budget.

I think the committee will see that, with the current crop of players, we are highly likely to be relegated. I’m sure Barry will be given a competitive budget to do what he can in January but there’s only so much he can do with only 3 out of contract as far as I’m aware (Boris and 2 loan players).

I think we’ll need to take risks to get another couple of players in on top of that. Suffering relegation and losing the local derbies against at least 2 teams could have a catastrophic effect to our finances.

I think the committee will see that, with the current crop of players, we are highly likely to be relegated. I’m sure Barry will be given a competitive budget to do what he can in January but there’s only so much he can do with only 3 out of contract as far as I’m aware (Boris and 2 loan players).

I think we’ll need to take risks to get another couple of players in on top of that. Suffering relegation and losing the local derbies against at least 2 teams could have a catastrophic effect to our finances.
I also thought about having a wee gamble financially we ve been there before and every other team does it .
Personally I can't see why we re now so skint and club seems to be in free fall. League money , Celtic money , Higher home gates ( last season ) I thought would ve left us in a happier state.
You gamble on a slightly better player and you start to see benefits with longer cup runs etc . Look at Jim Weirs team s ( not everyone's favourite manager ) but brought a lot success in cups and reached play offs . Our recent cup record is embarrassing..

We’re not skint, but nor do we have much money to play with.

Yes, we made a healthy profit last year but barring another financial windfall in the cup, that is forecasted to go over the next 2/3 seasons.

The forecast at the start of the season was a 40-50k loss. That’s probably more now after getting rid of Dods.

I heard today Pabs is away !!! surely not he d be our best defender if he was on the park . If true not very nice of the club .He's been loyal every season and a great lad

I’ve said this already and I’m far from alone in thinking it, Pabs hasn’t had a consistently good season for years. Due to a mix of injury and poor form I think he’s struggled for quite some time now.

He’s been loyal but you’ve got to remember that the club have been good to him also.

I’ve said this already and I’m far from alone in thinking it, Pabs hasn’t had a consistently good season for years. Due to a mix of injury and poor form I think he’s struggled for quite some time now.

He’s been loyal but you’ve got to remember that the club have been good to him also.
I ve noticed over last few weeks since I joined P & B if I say black you say white , I'm not really into petty arguing , I think Pabs is still one of our best defender s Sparky's not senior football class , Mcgeever s not fulfilled his early promise and Dougie Hill looks finished , Jordan Tapping might come away if given a decent run of games , Sean Burns is steady enough . Lynas I thought was gonna be a decent player but just wants too foul nowadays. O Neill at Airdrie was a better option..
Just my opinion not doubt you'll compare Mcgeever to Van Dijk, Lynas to Richard Gough and Hill to Baresi [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I ve noticed over last few weeks since I joined P & B if I say black you say white , I'm not really into petty arguing , I think Pabs is still one of our best defender s Sparky's not senior football class , Mcgeever s not fulfilled his early promise and Dougie Hill looks finished , Jordan Tapping might come away if given a decent run of games , Sean Burns is steady enough . Lynas I thought was gonna be a decent player but just wants too foul nowadays. O Neill at Airdrie was a better option..
Just my opinion not doubt you'll compare Mcgeever to Van Dijk, Lynas to Richard Gough and Hill to Baresi [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Since you joined? You’re just under a different guise, “CITY1974”!

Like I said no one is safe from being binned.

We might all get sentimental about players who have been about for a long time.

However if BS and SC have the balls to shift players on then so be it. The squad needs remodeled, BS has no loyalty to anyone whereas DD felt he did and hung onto players when they needed shipped.

All change.

On 29/12/2018 at 22:32, CITYBHOY said:

Spark,Smith, Lynas , Dailly and Orsi s the guys I'd let go. 

Orsi s just never done enough for me plenty effort but no end product .

Orsi's mum though.

#FountainsOfWayne