Brechin City 2018 /19

Totally.  We were all seeing a completely different approach.  We shut players down  and harried them into mistakes then pushed forward in numbers .  There was width to our play and the midfield actually got involved .  No punting and hoping , everyone trying to find players with passes .  So refreshing.  
Even in defeat we can see signs that the shackles have been taken off and players are playing to their potential.  
Burns and Spark were particularly  the stand outs , although everyone upped their game today.  Hopefully the signs of things to come in an attacking sense as we attacked in numbers. 
Well done Steve in picking up the morale.   I am sure we can take this performance as a minimal benchmark and start to put some results together. 
Yet there is still one idiot shouting and moaning

1 hour ago, hedgeman83 said:
16 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Totally.  We were all seeing a completely different approach.  We shut players down  and harried them into mistakes then pushed forward in numbers .  There was width to our play and the midfield actually got involved .  No punting and hoping , everyone trying to find players with passes .  So refreshing.  
Even in defeat we can see signs that the shackles have been taken off and players are playing to their potential.  
Burns and Spark were particularly  the stand outs , although everyone upped their game today.  Hopefully the signs of things to come in an attacking sense as we attacked in numbers. 
Well done Steve in picking up the morale.   I am sure we can take this performance as a minimal benchmark and start to put some results together. 

Yet there is still one idiot shouting and moaning

We still got beat so no improvement as yet.

6 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Is that because he's an ex Rangers man.

No  He just doesn't stand out as a man with a plan.  He has been linked to quite a few clubs but no one seems to be keen to give him a chance........................ Sorry but merely playing for Rangers doesn't or shouldn't  guarantee you anything . 

Anyone who says that he is back in Scotland now and fancies a go at management smacks of desperation to me. 

No  He just doesn't stand out as a man with a plan.  He has been linked to quite a few clubs but no one seems to be keen to give him a chance........................ Sorry but merely playing for Rangers doesn't or shouldn't  guarantee you anything . 
Anyone who says that he is back in Scotland now and fancies a go at management smacks of desperation to me. 
This.

I tend to agree with you in the fact that you see a lot of people clambering on about managers because they've played with either side of the old firm, as if that somehow means they'll be a great manager.
Sure there's a few decent examples, but a lot of the best part time managers had decent part time careers at best.

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This.

I tend to agree with you in the fact that you see a lot of people clambering on about managers because they've played with either side of the old firm, as if that somehow means they'll be a great manager.
Sure there's a few decent examples, but a lot of the best part time managers had decent part time careers at best.

Correct.  Probably because they know exactly how part time clubs operate and the commitment required to manage them.  Training at unsociable times etc. 

We had a perfect example with Jim Duffy who I think was taken aback by all the wee extra things he had to do which others would have done for him at a full time club. ..........................like having to organise training facilities , additional paperwork  etc. 

I think Maurice has been a manager since 2013,in Norway/Faroes,so he s not new to management.Is Maurice not from Dundee,so will be quite local,and will probably  have good contacts in Scotland/England for loan players.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Ross 
Very good friend's with Keith Gibson also....number two perhaps? I know he is at Elgin bit teaming up with his mate might appeal to him.

According to the Courier,Barry Smith is favourite for the job.Bloody hope not a centre half same as Dodds and his defensive tactics,plus he couldn't cut it at Raith Rovers please tell me the committee have better aspirations than Barry Smith.

He left Raith joint top with Arbroath? Can’t have been that bad if the Raith board were reluctant to accept his resignation.

Interested to hear your better options?