Brechin City 2018 /19

27 minutes ago, OldRed said:

Where have all our keyboard pounding fans gone? Are they keeping their heads below the parapet now the fans have been named as the reason for the manager’s going? By the way “unexpected”!

Ironic that he was the reason many fans decided not to go back . 

Where did you see this BTW ? 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I have followed City for many years and have seen good and bad times but last 18 months have been the most painful to endure all that time. Not only were the results poor, but the type of football being played was so negative. Numbers attending have fallen significantly this season and we could all see that we were in a downward spiral. In all my years as a City supporter I have never voluntarily missed a game when I didn't have other commitments on a match day. However last weekend I decided not to go back until something changed. If this is what Mr Dods was referring to, then I plead guilty as charged, but really we had all had enough. I will now be at Raith on Saturday again hoping for a fresh start.

Where have all our keyboard pounding fans gone? Are they keeping their heads below the parapet now the fans have been named as the reason for the manager’s going? By the way “unexpected”!
Aye, it's the fans fault that Darren Dods managed to chalk up a pitiful 24% win rate over a 143 game spell.

3 minutes ago, B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1 said:

Wow !  Just Wow !  ............................." Last season planted the seed for this decision " !!!!!!!!!   Do you think Darren ?   

At the end of the day, the club need a change. Clearly his coaching methods has had a negative impact on the way the team has played hence the reason for the poor results and low confidence which is clearly evident. 

This is a positive and glad a decision was made to freshen it up and it could be an exciting time ahead. Will be interesting to see what happens with Stevie C, but would be a good option if Charlie King came in and i know his assistant is an ex Brechin City player as well so know how the club is run and the community spirit, but also the taste of success and how to win leagues, win games ugly and play attractive football as best as we can. Would be a great learning curve for all parties involved.

Or the decision could be a safe one in which experience comes in and and changes the whole shape of the team and mentality of players. I just hope the correct appointment is made and we can start to climb the table again.

37 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
Wow !  Just Wow !  ............................." Last season planted the seed for this decision " !!!!!!!!!   Do you think Darren ?   

If fan power was the reason for his dismissal, and the committee listened to us, then Dods must have heard the same. He had plenty chances to change his approach and style of play but didn't. He just has to accept....it wasn't good enough.

Edited by B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1
spelling

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
1 hour ago, OldRed said:

Aye, it's the fans fault that Darren Dods managed to chalk up a pitiful 24% win rate over a 143 game spell.

And if you take the whole of last season out of the equation that figure only rose to 33% .  

Aye, even in getting punted his response is odd, 'fan power' well that's a first for us but a welcome one and 'I never saw it coming'.... really. As I have said before a decent guy but not a manager just a one trick pony.

Stevie and Charlie would be the popular vote but is the right one? Even if Stevie gets a couple of games and results stay poor but he has changed style then he has to be considered.

Perhaps a short contract till the end of the season and see what happens.

28 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Aye, even in getting punted his response is odd, 'fan power' well that's a first for us but a welcome one and 'I never saw it coming'.... really. As I have said before a decent guy but not a manager just a one trick pony.

Stevie and Charlie would be the popular vote but is the right one? Even if Stevie gets a couple of games and results stay poor but he has changed style then he has to be considered.

Perhaps a short contract till the end of the season and see what happens.

That is what I thought .  

'Just outside the play-off places...' Aye Darren - which ones tho? That article just makes him look very naive and whilst you never know whether that accurately reflects the tone of his conversation with the journalist, to say that you didn't see it coming is ridiculous. Even leaving aside having not won a game all year last year, to have been beaten home and away by 'bottom-of-the-league-montrose' (sorry lads no offence meant but you are now a big game for us) by the end of October must surely have raised a doubt in his mind. Either he has the self confidence of Ronaldo or he is deluding himself. Although to blame it on fan power  is a bit rich. As per my last post, the committee deserve a medal for sticking with him as long as they have. Loads of folk on here would have had him punted by January last season, and not just the rabid ones. Anyway - we have some top players at this level  so let's hope we get someone who  gives them license to show it - starting on Saturday (rare away game for Infirmary st & family) 

Edited by Infirmary Street

I love Charlie King but the idea of a new management team of him and Stevie Campbell is a terrible idea. Stevie has been part of the management team we all wanted rid of and Charlie's record in the junior leagues is not that inspiring. 

In my view we need someone with a totally fresh outlook. 

I love Charlie King but the idea of a new management team of him and Stevie Campbell is a terrible idea. Stevie has been part of the management team we all wanted rid of and Charlie's record in the junior leagues is not that inspiring. 

In total agreement with this. Don’t understand why Chuckies name gets thrown around every time there is a management vacancy here. Yes, he’s a legend as a player and very well respected around these parts but he’s been managing in the juniors for years and as you say, has hardly been a standout.

Willing to give Stevie Campbell a chance though. A hugely respected coach with a good track record of bringing through some real talent at Dundee Utd. Management is a different kettle of fish though. Let’s see how he does over the next couple of games.

46 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Let's see how the team are set up over the next few games before making rash judgement on Stevie.   

It may work , it may not. 

One thing is for sure , we need someone to connect with the community and get the fans back in .  

Aitken ruled himself out in paper. Too far from his Renfrewshire home, wonder if he had been spoken to then after all
It wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't been, he loves going to the press about everything. He recently sent a "come get me" message to Airdrie only to be patched. I think he's using the media to keep his name out there, probably quite clever from him tbh.

FWIW I don't think he's what Brechin need right now, especially if the fans have become disillusioned with defensive tactics and negative football.

On 31/10/2018 at 10:34, The Moonster said:

If Aitken fancies it we'll find out soon enough. The guy can't resist giving a journalist a quote. 

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aitken ruled himself out in paper. Too far from his Renfrewshire home, wonder if he had been spoken to then after all

:lol:

A journo's dream.

It wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't been, he loves going to the press about everything. He recently sent a "come get me" message to Airdrie only to be patched. I think he's using the media to keep his name out there, probably quite clever from him tbh.

FWIW I don't think he's what Brechin need right now, especially if the fans have become disillusioned with defensive tactics and negative football.

Think there was something to it, maybe no as main man but just as a shortlist option. Like I said guy that told me that said about Dods being sacked before it was announced

Probably not best for Brechin at moment though I'd agree

Not many obvious options at the moment