Brechin City 2018 /19

Didn’t think the committee would pull the trigger but kudos for doing so. Right decision for all parties. Dods can’t have been enjoying himself any more than the rest of us over the last year and a bit.

Wish him all the best for the future, thanks for the promotion and good luck to the fans of his next club!

Stevie Campbell should be given time to earn the job full time. I like the Charlie King option too.

Edited by Brechin City FC

23 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

Didn’t think the committee would pull the trigger but kudos for doing so. Right decision for all parties. Dods can’t have been enjoying himself any more than the rest of us over the last year and a bit.

Wish him all the best for the future, thanks for the promotion and good luck to the fans of his next club!

Stevie Campbell should be given time to earn the job full time. I like the Charlie King option too.

Good post.   

Relegating Farfar on the last day will last long in my memory.  Shame that spirit died over the last 8 months though.   It has been brutal to watch.

Charlie would certainly help bring back the community spirit. 

The right decision after Saturday. Darren's hands were tied last season and fair dos to the committee for giving him a crack at making it right this year. Their perseverance with him has been admirable, based on his good record in his first two seasons. Which I think all City fans will, eventually, remember fondly. But his approach last year turned out to be wrong, and unfortunately he apparently hasn't learned anything from that experience and continued to set up the same way this year, in the process not doing justice to some players who are very talented at this level. Saturday showed that he had lost the ability to get the best out of them, and I think it will have stuck in the craw of a lot of City fans that he was trumpeting his ability to set up defensively at an SFA/SPFL conference for coaches last week having lost a huge proportion of his games in charge, and in doing so put lots of us off attending as much as we might otherwise do. Thanks for the good results Darren and hope you get the right job next time round. Onwards and upwards now and let's get behind the team and the new management whoever they may be. Plenty of time left this season and no reason why we can't make the playoffs again, starting with a good result on Saturday

Why do Brechin fans want to appoint someone who managed Brechin Vics, had a spell at Broughty Athletic as coach/ assistant and recently left Tayport after an embarrassing 5-1 hammering at home in the junior cup while in the league they're mid table in a weak superleague? Surely if you're going to go down that route Phil McGuire, as an example, would be a better appointment?

33 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Why do Brechin fans want to appoint someone who managed Brechin Vics, had a spell at Broughty Athletic as coach/ assistant and recently left Tayport after an embarrassing 5-1 hammering at home in the junior cup while in the league they're mid table in a weak superleague? Surely if you're going to go down that route Phil McGuire, as an example, would be a better appointment?

If you read the posts correctly , most would like to see him involved in a coaching capacity assisting a more experienced guy.  Charlie offers much more ( in a community sense ) than merely turning up for training and games..............  Something that has quite noticeably been missing.  Especially  the  past few  years .  

Out of interest , why does this bother you ?  

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

If you read the posts correctly , most would like to see him involved in a coaching capacity assisting a more experienced guy.  Charlie offers much more ( in a community sense ) than merely turning up for training and games..............  Something that has quite noticeably been missing.  Especially  the  past few  years .  

Out of interest , why does this bother you ?  

I asked a question, you've given me an answer. Makes sense to me, I'd find it somewhat bizarre if he was appointed manager, but as a coach it would make sense in footballing terms as well as the community side of things as you say.

There is  a large difference between asking a question and being 'bothered' by something :lol: Why does it bother you that I asked a question? :rolleyes: 

13 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I asked a question, you've given me an answer. Makes sense to me, I'd find it somewhat bizarre if he was appointed manager, but as a coach it would make sense in footballing terms as well as the community side of things as you say.

There is  a large difference between asking a question and being 'bothered' by something :lol: Why does it bother you that I asked a question? :rolleyes: 

I wasn't really bothered , just pleasantly surprised that even folk outwith are concerned that we make the right appointment (s) . ;)

18 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

They're wee bit touchy just now tread carefully...