Brechin City 2018 /19

I have decided that other than the festive pish ups I am not paying another £1 to watch them - I was swaying all summer about a season ticket and then bought one. That said if a better offer comes up on a Saturday then that is where I will be.

To pinch a quote the style of play generally makes my eyes bleed. We had half an hour against Dumbarton, a half against Arbroath and most of the game v Airdrie where it went well. The rest has been dire. All these games are when we went behind and it was chuck everything at it and see what happens. Equally we chucked it against Forfar and Stranraer.

It is just as well much of the league is dire or we would be up to out necks in it.

C'mon Mo give us a pumping on Saturday to get Dods out the door...………………….please

On 10/20/2018 at 17:09, citydiehard said:

Another abysmal result today,Christ knows why I still go and watch the pathetic tactics by Mr Dodds.Committee has no balls,surely they can see the support is dwindling big time with Mr Dodds at the helm.Maybe if nobody went they would then sack him.

It's Dods. At least make an effort to get your manager's name right...  

Some Stats

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %

Jim Weir

Brechin City May 2010 September 2012 96 33 28 35 34.38

Ray McKinnon

Brechin City October 2012 May 2015 116 50 26 40 43.10

Darren Dods

Brechin City 10 June 2015 Present 143 35 23 85 24.48

Jim Duffy

Brechin City January 2009 May 2010 45 18 10 17 40.00

Weir sacked for being pish and not liked by the players, Duffy resigned for personal reasons but wasn't liked by the fans, McKinnon left for a bigger club.  Dods stats being skewed by the promotion and disastrous year in the championship but still a terrible percentage win rate.

That's the lowest I've felt after a game for quite some time and that includes all of last season.

We had ONE effort on goal which was actually a cross which sneaked in at the back post. This is at home, in a local derby, against a side bottom of the league and without a win since we played them back in August. That is completely unacceptable.

It is staggering just how defensive we are. On numerous occasions during the game I observed every single City player in our own half. We had five at the back with two defensive players sitting right in front of them. Our supposed attacking players (Tapping, Jackson, Melingui) all far too deep and when they did receive the ball, they had very little in the way of support.

Now there is the major factor of compensation should Dods be relieved of his duties - that's obviously got to be taken into account. On the flip side there is an alarming number of loyal supporters who are completely disillusioned and vowing not to return. These are not any run-of-the-mill supporters making a knee jerk reaction, these are are kind of guys who have followed the club through thick and thin. The type of guys that travel to Stranraer mid-winter.

I personally can't turn my back on the club regardless of how fed up I am with the current management, but I certainly can't blame those that are a choosing not to go. It really is dire.

I just can't believe the committee haven't at least had a word with Dods ( or maybe they have) given the lack of positive comments regarding  the defensive tactics he continues with.   Things must be bad when Steve has now had enough as he is one of the most optimistic , level headed supporters we have.  He has summed up perfectly the situation and if money is the only thing standing in the way of Dods' departure then surely the only avenue open to the committee is to try and come to some compromise.  

By what I am led to believe they are understandably as angry and upset as the rest of the support and can see the direction we are going under Dods' leadership.   What annoys me is Darren's insistence that he can turn it around when everyone else can plainly see the problem areas.  Yet he continues with his cautious , defend a lead at all cost approach. 

Yesterday was woeful.  We could all see what was coming as soon as we took the lead with our only "shot" at goal...........a mis hit cross which eluded everyone .  What followed was a backs to the wall effort with (as Steve pointed out) our 10 outfield players spending most of the time in their own half .  Defenders just punting it into the other half to no one and on the odd occassion when they tried a few passes , the ball always ended up at a Montrose player's feet.   That to me is unacceptable. 

Montrose raised their game due to our ineptitude . We handed the game to them while Dods just stood with arms crossed or behind his back.  No idea how to employ an attacking dimension................summed up by taking off the only creative player who was able to hold the ball and make a telling pass while Tapping remained on the field despite hardly making a pass all afternoon. 

We all said we would judge after the first quarter and now here we are , two games into the second one ,  two points from bottom and not any signs of things changing. Sorry Darren but your reputation is in tatters . Your lack of self respect knows no boundaries.  I would suggest you save the committee from a gut wrenching decision and resign now. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I am echoing what everyone else is saying.

The best team one, the best team came with a high tempo, the best team had attack options, the best team had a plan, the best team pressed, had desire, commitment and was motivated. Everything we were not.

I am hard pressed to think of a worse performing team ever for Brechin - not to say we have bad players just bad management. I can take getting beat but not in the manner we are having them. The stats from Greendot is interesting and surprising as I thought his would have been a lot worse - it certainly feels like it. 85 defeats with a philosophy to defend - cann't even get that right. His signings are clear - I counted 6 players on the park who have played in our back line this year.  Plus another on the bench and a holding midfielder. Not much attacking options.

We had nothing yesterday but most notable was lack of midfield. We won nothing in there. But yet we never changed it. As soon as we went a goal up (against the run of play) he should have changed it but noooooooooo……..more arms folded or in pocket.

I have said before I am not paying another £1 to watch them, I have a season ticket but if I have another option for my Saturdays I will be doing it. Even Christmas shoppoing feels less painful.

Time for him to fall on his sword and go before we are screwed.

5 hours ago, greendot said:

Some Stats

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %

Jim Weir

Brechin City May 2010 September 2012 96 33 28 35 34.38

Ray McKinnon

Brechin City October 2012 May 2015 116 50 26 40 43.10

Darren Dods

Brechin City 10 June 2015 Present 143 35 23 85 24.4

Dods stats being skewed by the promotion and disastrous year in the championship but still a terrible percentage win rate.

Is that all competitions? Irrespective, even if (being generous) you take out last season's league games completely, you're left with:

P 107

W 35

D 19

L 53

for a win percentage of less than 33% - still lower than any of the previous incumbents. That's including a season in which we won promotion.