Brechin City 2018 /19

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

The surprise of this is that we were actually 8th. Wow.

Either way I am interested by the lack of praise after 3-1 win at weekend.

It appears we were good and credit for that but lets follow it up with something else.

Big Mcgeever sounding pretty upbeat on the website - https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2069

There is absolutely no reason why we can’t push for a playoff position. Dods has actually proved himself at this level and although the defensive football is eye-bleeding at times, he’ll grind enough results to keep us away from any trouble.

My issue is that we’ve got the players to play attacking football and when we do defend in numbers we are actually more vulnerable to conceding goals, as bizarre as that sounds.

Take last seasons debacle out of the equation and you’d have to say it’s been a reasonable quarter.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

There is absolutely no reason why we can’t push for a playoff position. Dods has actually proved himself at this level and although the defensive football is eye-bleeding at times, he’ll grind enough results to keep us away from any trouble.

My issue is that we’ve got the players to play attacking football and when we do defend in numbers we are actually more vulnerable to conceding goals, as bizarre as that sounds.

Take last seasons debacle out of the equation and you’d have to say it’s been a reasonable quarter.

The 200 or so that remain deserve better

The 200 or so that remain deserve better

Think a lot of part time clubs would snap your hand off at sitting in 4th place in League 1 irrespective of the style of football.

It is dire to watch at times but there is definite improvement. Still giving utter shite far too much respect though.

The two weeks previous to  last Saturday were frustrating as hell  . At Farfar after a slow start we took control , scored and dominated midfield up till half time. Second half we sat deeper and let them come at us. Same pattern at home to Stranraer and we were left hanging on both games.   

I wasn't at Airdrie but by all accounts it was much better with us on the offensive for about 70 mins mainly due to Andy Jackson returning to his true form.   That in itself gives me hope but when he started to tire , I was told that we again sat deeper and tried to just see out the game.  In his interview Dods called this professional.   Is it beyond Dods' mindset to keep the attacking impetus going by introducing Boris ?   The two previous games were crying out for Boris to come on for the last half hour but Dods somehow saw differently. 

Yes we are 4th but in reality the standard of the league so far has been pretty shite.     There is not really anyone who I can say we shouldn't have beaten.  Raith and even Arbroath,   who are flying,   were there for the taking  once they were put under pressure.  

I can see that the players are capable of so much more . I just hope that after the promise of last week Dods gives them more licence to attack .  That is the only way to entice the fans back to the glebe. 

Don't know the line up / formation / weather conditions etc but I hear we got a tanking from Spartans today.   Any more info from anyone ? 
Was just about to ask the same I know it was only a friendly but really shouldn't have lost 4 1 to a lower league team
No disrespect to Spartans

As someone who likes to keep an eye on City's results - for no other reason than I lived there for the first 8 years of my life - I must say I'm a lot happier with the way things are shaping up than I was with last season's performance. I actually feared you might drop down again, that's not looking likely.

Maybe the league is "shite" (I've no idea), maybe the football is "eye bleedingly defensive" (again, I've no idea), but surely fourth in division three is better than bottom of division two (all season)?

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As someone who likes to keep an eye on City's results - for no other reason than I lived there for the first 8 years of my life - I must say I'm a lot happier with the way things are shaping up than I was with last season's performance. I actually feared you might drop down again, that's not looking likely.

Maybe the league is "shite" (I've no idea), maybe the football is "eye bleedingly defensive" (again, I've no idea), but surely fourth in division three is better than bottom of division two (all season)?

Yea its good that at the moment we are holding our own but the crowds are dwindling  fast ( you can probably half what is being stated in the papers ) due to what is being served up, come down and have a look its not great hopefully it will improve but not under Mr D I fear.

Any way where did you stay when lived in Brechin ?

3 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Yea its good that at the moment we are holding our own but the crowds are dwindling  fast ( you can probably half what is being stated in the papers ) due to what is being served up, come down and have a look its not great hopefully it will improve but not under Mr D I fear.

Any way where did you stay when lived in Brechin ?

Thanks for the invite, but it's a long way from Mid Ulster to Angus!

Victoria Place - I'm not 100% sure I could actually go to it now. (My grandparents are buried in Brechin Cemetry, my other grandfather in Montrose Cemetry - Sleepy Hillock? - and my other granny in Belfast.)

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Last week gave us hope as we attacked Airdrie for the bulk of the game .  Up till then though , the Scotland game on Thursday night was scarily very similar to the kind of performance we have been served up this season. 

Hopefully now Jackson looks as if he is returning to his best form so our attacking options are getting better.  

We all remain optimistic but honestly we are as surprised as anyone that we are in 4th given the inconsistency of performance .  We will take it though and who knows , promotion might be within our grasp again ...........as long as the other teams below us don't improve their form  too !!  

5 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

oh dear he's trying to teach other teams his tactics now emoji23.png

Some crafty cropping  of the main picture ........only showing big Eck's arm at the back of the class !

Also I see in the pic top right that he has taught all the prospective coaches  how to stand properly for 90 mins !! 8)

Some crafty cropping  of the main picture ........only showing big Eck's arm at the back of the class !
Also I see in the pic top right that he has taught all the prospective coaches  how to stand properly for 90 mins !! 8)

[emoji23][emoji23] hope they perfected the arms behind the back and the arms folded stance