Brechin City 2018 /19

Without using the hyperbole of wee Bawbag, he is right to be confident of Hendry doing well in League One. The lad looks like a very good prospect, and as Radford says, needs to stay fit and play regular games.
Saw he had a hand in both your goals on Saturday. Good start for the boy.

On 05/09/2018 at 17:55, The Marly said:
On 30/08/2018 at 22:41, victormeldrew said:
I remember Saints fans said the same to us about Greg Hurst.
He didn't.

Can you please NOT use BawbagGuy as a benchmark for all Saints fans? He's a one-off headcasewho happens to live close enough to McDiarmid to manage to walk there.

It's bizarre you've decided it was me who said that about Hurst, as I never said anything of the sort. To then start talking about where I live just adds to it. I'm not even sure why it's relevant tbh. 

You really need to get over this fascination with me. Coming on this forum once a month to talk about me should probably see you sectioned. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's bizarre you've decided it was me who said that about Hurst, as I never said anything of the sort. To then start talking about where I live just adds to it. I'm not even sure why it's relevant tbh. 

You really need to get over this fascination with me. Coming on this forum once a month to talk about me should probably see you sectioned. 

too easy GIF by Cheat Codes

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:17, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Hendry should run riot, he's not far off being a genuine threat to our starting strikers. 

He's very raw as he's not played a lot of senior games, think it's two serious injuries he's had, but he's looked comfortable at our level for the most part. 

Coped physically with Steven Caulker/Josh Meekings on Saturday and was winning headers, and probably has enough pace to pull away from League One centre halves, he's also scored some absolute rakers for our youths. 

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:56, 1320Lichtie said:

Love comments from fans of higher league teams saying x player should 'run riot', most probably never watched a League 1 game in their puff. In my lifetime supporting Arbroath the only man I've ever seen actually 'run riot' in the same league as us is the man Shankland last season and FEB in a rampant Dunfermline. Goodwillie and McAllister have a habit of doing it too but not when we’ve been in same league.

No doubt he'll do well though, hopefully gives the broken Brechin fans some more excitement in their lives after all they've been through!!

ETA: just not on Saturday. emoji12.png

I wasn't referring to Hurst. I was referring to your post about Hendry above.  Your insistence that he will "run riot" is daft considering as Lichtie says you've probably never watched a League One game in your life.  I happen to rate Hendry very highly, but let's wait and see how he does rather than put too much pressure on the lad shall we?

The bit about where you live was purely because I enjoy winding you up I'll admit.  If you read my next post you will see that I agreed with you about Hendry - please try to stop being so angry wee man.

Edited by The Marly

• 3 weeks later...

Another week we are left hanging on against a team who in all seriousness we should have had scudded at half time. 

Why do we sit so deep ?  Why do we not just have a go at teams?  Two weeks on the trot it has been blatantly obvious that our players are not cut out to sit on a one goal lead . So why persist with such a negative tactic?  

Ach I give up .No one listens anyway.   Soon our crowds will be below 200 solely down to what is happening on the pitch .  I heard more than a few grumbles from diehards that they are seriously thinking of other Saturday afternoon pursuits rather than watching that frustrating pish week in week out.   They all know our team are capable of a lot more but playing with shackles on is no good. 

Come on Darren .  Just  throw caution to the wind and for once concentrate on attack .....for the full 90 mins.  If not then you know where the door is. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Another week we are left hanging on against a team who in all seriousness we should have had scudded at half time. 

Why do we sit so deep ?  Why do we not just have a go at teams?  Two weeks on the trot it has been blatantly obvious that our players are not cut out to sit on a one goal lead . So why persist with such a negative tactic?  

Ach I give up .No one listens anyway.   Soon our crowds will be below 200 solely down to what is happening on the pitch .  I heard more than a few grumbles from diehards that they are seriously thinking of other Saturday afternoon pursuits rather than watching that frustrating pish week in week out.   They all know our team are capable of a lot more but playing with shackles on is no good. 

Come on Darren .  Just  throw caution to the wind and for once concentrate on attack .....for the full 90 mins.  If not then you know where the door is. 

My complaint the the non existant use of substitutes as a tactical move. Why did Boris come on today and against Forfar with five minutes to go? Certainly a good way to convince Boris to sign an extended contract!!!  It was obvious today that young Hendry should have come off with half an hour to go. Even I am getting fed up with this and over the last 50 years I have stuck through some dire football.

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I can only presume you were delighted when the equaliser went in so you could have a moan!  Don't think we were great today but Stranraer didn't even trouble us until the goal went in.

1 hour ago, OldRed said:

My complaint the the non existant use of substitutes as a tactical move. Why did Boris come on today and against Forfar with five minutes to go? Certainly a good way to convince Boris to sign an extended contract!!!  It was obvious today that young Hendry should have come off with half an hour to go. Even I am getting fed up with this and over the last 50 years I have stuck through some dire football.

Agree that Hendry looked tired, would have liked to see Boris on a bit earlier.  Thought there might have been a goal in the game for him.

12 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

I can only presume you were delighted when the equaliser went in so you could have a moan!  Don't think we were great today but Stranraer didn't even trouble us until the goal went in.

Agree that Hendry looked tired, would have liked to see Boris on a bit earlier.  Thought there might have been a goal in the game for him.

Do I sound delighted ? 

You have basically confirmed my comments with fewer detail.  Nae point in trying to be positive now .  I tried that last season when we were a bit out of our depth . This season though there can be no excuse for the ultra defensive pish against teams like these.  

A bit like watching Scotland through the Levein and Chesney eras !!  :rolleyes:

Attendance 374 ? Says it all really. I know,there wouldn't have been much of an away support but that's still pretty low

Trust me there was a lot less than that. Looked about 250 to me. I think we count all season ticket holders in our attendance.