Brechin City 2018 /19

On 05/08/2018 at 19:48, Overthehedge1 said:

He would be great for us but would he want to come to brechin?

John mcglynn

mark wilson

anybody is batter than Dods 

Oh you definitely don't want that. Plus he's already admitted himself that management is not for him. 

What are folks opinions on this ? I'm just asking the a question and not being synical !! 

In this league a half decent City team doing away fine and with the other teams being mostly local I reckon our average attendance could be 550 / 650  that's relying on  derbie s plus winning Airdrie and Raith teams . 

But the poor offering we ve had to start with I think we ll struggle to get 200 home fans shortly . This is a reason I think things need to change sooner than later . Either our style of footy and let our better players play proper footy or we bring in new faces behind the scenes as well and freshen whole place up .( I m not having a pop at anyone and I know we punch above our weight but it's all a bit gloomy just now ) . 

Congratulations, I know one swallow does not make a summer just like one result does not make a season. However credit where it is due a nice win by playing some decent stuff, not brilliant but good enough.

It is plain to see that McGeaver, Tapping and Jackson give us a good spine. Of course others did there thing too but most high balls to our defence were one and we have a striker that can hold the ball up.  Kalvin is much better out wide.

Pretty much every player in there proper position playing to there strengths so positives.

We still need one or two creative / forward thinking players as there was not much option on the bench or sitting in the stands to come back into those positions if needed.

The signs are there and well done but still work to be done.

Smith and Spark in the centre of a back four with Lynas and Burns 

midfield - Moreno, Sinclair, Osri, ? (Tapping suspended - again!) I guess one of the young lads will get a shout.

Boris and Andy up top.

We still need to sign a couple of forward thinking players - any word?

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Appears we may be down to 12 outfield players for tonight:spin: they need to get some more bodies in :soapbox:

Would Ryan Ferguson back on loan from Montrose be a plausible short term option? He's not likely to feature much there by the looks of it. Though we might want to save our loans for younger players from the higher leagues like Mclennan. 

Or, latest on my list of 'unlikely but apparently available, and could be getting desperate' - Martin Woods, ex Ross County, Thistle and Doncaster? 32, prob still got a good season left in him at this level assuming he still wants it?

Would Ryan Ferguson back on loan from Montrose be a plausible short term option? He's not likely to feature much there by the looks of it. Though we might want to save our loans for younger players from the higher leagues like Mclennan. 
Or, latest on my list of 'unlikely but apparently available, and could be getting desperate' - Martin Woods, ex Ross County, Thistle and Doncaster? 32, prob still got a good season left in him at this level assuming he still wants it?
I would be surprised if Ryan Fergusons next club isn't a junior club tbh

13 minutes ago, Aidan said:
8 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Would Ryan Ferguson back on loan from Montrose be a plausible short term option? He's not likely to feature much there by the looks of it. 

I would be surprised if Ryan Fergusons next club isn't a junior club tbh

I see that, but we're pretty desperate. We fielded four subs tonight including the spare keeper and Darren Dods himself, who had publicly retired in the close season but must have hastily re-registered himself. Ok we had a couple of suspensions, and now we're out of those troublesome cups for another season we'll have fewer games to play... but we're still down to the bare bones of a squad. 

7 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

I see that, but we're pretty desperate. We fielded four subs tonight including the spare keeper and Darren Dods himself, who had publicly retired in the close season but must have hastily re-registered himself. Ok we had a couple of suspensions, and now we're out of those troublesome cups for another season we'll have fewer games to play... but we're still down to the bare bones of a squad. 

Be better aff with Mike Fergusson:thumsup2

Sounds like a bit of a shambles. Has it just been poor luck with injuries/suspensions all coming at the same time or is it down to poor recruitment?

Sounds like a bit of a shambles. Has it just been poor luck with injuries/suspensions all coming at the same time or is it down to poor recruitment?

Yeah just bad luck had 3 key players suspended and a couple out injured hopefully have a few back for the big one on Saturday