Brechin City 2018 /19

36 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

I would even take Duffy back

Left us in a good state and laid foundations for Weir to give us a couple good seasons and 2 or 3 decent cup runs . Which brings it's own rewards .

But I guess he'd have his doubters 

Lets just say we give Dods the first 5 games ( 4 left ) and we part company , in the short term i'd let Steve Campbell have a chance and let him bring in his own number two . Give him the season and review it then and go from there .

2 minutes ago, underpar said:

Lets just say we give Dods the first 5 games ( 4 left ) and we part company , in the short term i'd let Steve Campbell have a chance and let him bring in his own number two . Give him the season and review it then and go from there .

Another good shout.  

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

Left us in a good state and laid foundations for Weir to give us a couple good seasons and 2 or 3 decent cup runs . Which brings it's own rewards .

But I guess he'd have his doubters 

Steve Campbell / Jim Duffy dream team ..........could do a lot worse ....oh we are .  Another good name , i'd forgotten about Duffy.

So most of you would like an experienced manager in then by the sounds of it? I wouldn't mind seeing a younger manager in and see how they got on this season.... plenty of decent ones in the Juniors or other clubs just now. Something to entertain us fans and have that hunger and desire to make something of themselves.... we have a decent squad at present but Darren clearly not getting the best out of them.....

Edited by Gold Dust

2 minutes ago, Gold Dust said:

So most of you would like an experienced manager in then by the sounds of it? I wouldn't mind seeing a younger manager in and see how they got on this season.... plenty of decent ones in the Juniors or other clubs just now. Something to entertain us fans and have that hunger and desire to make something of themselves.... we have a decent squad at present but Darren clearly not getting the best out of them.....

Well two of us ......straws clutching at them ......

This makes for grim reading.

I now have four games I will attend and then make a judgement, although in all honesty I will take some convincing that Dods is the man.

We seem to have no idea about how to win games (something like a 30% win rate - excluding last year). We have been duped too long - the great escape year had a good end to a season, we forgot how shite the previous 25 games had been, we got promoted losing more than we won but hey we got promoted - excellent and we forget what a chore most of the season was and then last season - a free hit (?) playing the same non football tactics all season and now this one.

Not starting well, signings not been the best, we have replaced decent players for average or is it still the tactics that make the players look average. My money is more on the tactics - sit tight and counter. Boring as PISH!

I do not think it good going back to previous managers. I see the argument for an old hand to steady the ship otherwise we maybe looking at oblivion. Ignore the pish about no money - we are okay after last year with a bit of a reserve, with a prediction of a 50 - 70k loss this so spending large is not an option. That said the crowds will dry up this year if the anti-football is continued to be served up, which in turn might make the predicted loss worse.

Stevie Campbell did a good job at Utd and I for one would like to see him given a go, if he would take it.

Any word on who was (if anyone) was falling out with the players and committee after Saturday?

17 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

I now have four games I will attend and then make a judgement, although in all honesty I will take some convincing that Dods is the man.

We seem to have no idea about how to win games (something like a 30% win rate - excluding last year). We have been duped too long - the great escape year had a good end to a season, we forgot how shite the previous 25 games had been, we got promoted losing more than we won but hey we got promoted - excellent and we forget what a chore most of the season was and then last season - a free hit (?) playing the same non football tactics all season and now this one.

Not starting well, signings not been the best, we have replaced decent players for average or is it still the tactics that make the players look average. My money is more on the tactics - sit tight and counter. Boring as PISH!

I do not think it good going back to previous managers. I see the argument for an old hand to steady the ship otherwise we maybe looking at oblivion. Ignore the pish about no money - we are okay after last year with a bit of a reserve, with a prediction of a 50 - 70k loss this so spending large is not an option. That said the crowds will dry up this year if the anti-football is continued to be served up, which in turn might make the predicted loss worse.

Stevie Campbell did a good job at Utd and I for one would like to see him given a go, if he would take it.

Any word on who was (if anyone) was falling out with the players and committee after Saturday?

I agree regards keeping a tight ship but more positive displays on the pitch eventually brings it s rewards . We re not staying up with the current squad and manager with what I ve seen so far ( just my opinion  ) 

I think when you see the rage from other team s when they have bad spells our lads have got off lightly.  

Posted this in the Stenny topic

My turn now!! I do wonder if I'm being harsh on these guys as they are clearly being limited by absolutely inept management.

Brennan - clearly low on confidence and doesn't command his box. But has shown some signs that there is a good keeper there.

Burns - a decent enough player who I think will do well for us.

Hill - no complaints, our best defender by a long way.

Pabs - we know what he's all about but has struggled under Dods management.

E Smith - had an absolute mare on Saturday, would like to try him in midfield again.

J Tapping - there is a reason why he's been playing for Shire for years.

Lynas - Totally out of his depth, has looked a junior player since the end our promotion season. 100% commitment and effort but not good enough.

Spark - A squad player, nothing more.

Morena - Was impressed by him through pre-season but no composure on the ball whatsoever since then. Just lumps it anywhere.

Henry - What does he even offer us? Just a panic signing to boost numbers.

C Tapping - Has looked a class act so far and 100% commitment.

SInclair - A talented player that is being strangled by the lack of football being played.

Orsi - Too hot and cold for my liking.

Shields - A player that should be able to do a job for us but just seems to be going through the motions. Needs to put himself about more.

Jackson - Disagree with comment above, doesn't look any more overweight than what he was before his injury. Still short of fitness but will be a big player if he can get back to the player he was.

Melingui - Still haven't seen enough of him to make a proper judgement as yet. Got himself into a good position for our only shot on goal on Sat.

Take the pish management out of the equation and we are a couple of decent loan signings short of a side that should be comfortably mid-table/pushing for playoffs. Under Dods I can't see anything other than a relegation scrap. The football we play is absolutely horrendous, why can't the committee see this?

9 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Most of the fans showed that they have had enough and they showed that after the game. No one was falling out with the committee so not sure where that has surfaced from.

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

So who are they falling out with ? 

The players and management who under perform week in week out. 

The stand at Stenny is an awful place to watch football but at least it lends itself to either congratulating a good performance or , as was the case on Saturday telling them in no uncertain manner that we have had enough. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The players and management who under perform week in week out. 

The stand at Stenny is an awful place to watch football but at least it lends itself to either congratulating a good performance or , as was the case on Saturday telling them in no uncertain manner that we have had enough. 

Thing is in my business if my mangers and employees f**k things up my clients hold me responsible, they dont go to site and berate my employees. It is my job to sort it out by taking what ever action is required and if someone has to go to achieve this then so be it.

18 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Thing is in my business if my mangers and employees f**k things up my clients hold me responsible, they dont go to site and berate my employees. It is my job to sort it out by taking what ever action is required and if someone has to go to achieve this then so be it.

This is football though.  ..............Different to any business on the planet !  ;)

You don't clap the committee off when the team wins after all do you ? 

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This is football though.  ..............Different to any business on the planet !  ;)

You don't clap the committee off when the team wins after all do you ? 

The point i am trying to make is they are the employers and its ultimately up to them to sort it out, how long would you give DD to sort things out ?

27 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I gave him till last Saturday !  

Nothing s going to change and we all know it.  We ll get two 0 0 bore draws the next couple league game s and he ll be safe . 

Up until Xmas I was quite happy with him but after Xmas we gradually got worse n worse ( confidence as well I realise that ) Not changing formations or giving others a chance , telling a confident Isaac not to take a penalty and give it to teachers pet Kalvin, who was woeful last year but doing okay this year .

Binning Finn Graham and Watty for having opinions . 

And lastly not lifting the team against QOS probably worst performance of the season.