Brechin City 2018 /19

5 hours ago, Sir Richard said:

For once,just once I would like to see Dods come out and slate the players.

He can hardly do that after the first game. It's not as if he's not had time to prepare - it was clear that we were going down from about October last season so he should have been planning for the first game of this season pretty much since then.

it's his responsibility to build a team and get it working on the pitch, both tactically and motivationally.  If they can't beat a team that were 2 divisions below a year ago - facing 10 men for 45 minutes - on match day 1, having been planning for this day for nigh on 10 months, then piling into the players would be a pretty poor response 

the obvious response to that is well, we're working with a very tight budget and we are still going to struggle to compete this season too. This was basically Darren's take in this week's Brechiner where he said (more or less) that he's aiming to be mid table at Xmas and then see what's possible from there. Plus, obviously he had a few players unavailable for selection today that would have been first picks otherwise. But fans have a right to ask what happened to the money earned last year from the Celtic game plus big crowds against Utd and St Mirren. Even if we had some rebalancing to do to get the accounts back in order, you have to wonder how similarly sized clubs like Forfar are able to bring in the likes of John Baird, i.e proven players at the level above, while we are struggling to compete against Stenny. 

Having said all that.. I never saw the game so interested to hear more reviews from those that were there

The money disappearing is a massive concern .Is the benefactor from previous years being reimbursed behind the scenes ???? .For us to be competing at a senior level but allowed to compete at a amateur levelon and off park  is a massive worry .Things ain't right at our club top to bottom and need fixed .I'm sorry harsh but true

5 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

The money disappearing is a massive concern .Is the benefactor from previous years being reimbursed behind the scenes ???? .For us to be competing at a senior level but allowed to compete at a amateur levelon and off park  is a massive worry .Things ain't right at our club top to bottom and need fixed .I'm sorry harsh but true

Why do you think it has disappeared ? 

10 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Why do you think it has disappeared ? 

i find it strange that we re in dire strait's and we re not doing anything about it . We re not even bringing in loan players. which I know cost money these days . We re not spending money on the ground either like we were told at AGM .Maybe my statement sounded worse than intended I m certainly not suggesting foul play or anything like that . 

Forget all the stories of no money . The bottom line is that Dods has some good players at his disposal but just doesn't seem to know what to do with them in my opinion.  

Fistly they don't look fit.  Especially Dene Shields who we were told was one of the fittest and sharpest at pre season training. 

Secondly there seems to be no game plan.  Yesterday he was forced to play a kind of 4 at the back formation  , which at times looked ok against a pretty poor Stenny attack ........but there seemed to be a lack of communication and a lot of mis placed passes and aimless punts . The midfield 5  seemed to be set up to try and stop Stenny playing rather than to create anything positive .........which possibly was why Shields looked out of sorts , having to try to do something with the occassional punt aimed at him.  ( ironically though there was one decent move in the first half when the ball was kept on the deck and a series of short sharp passes got us into their box but a shot at goal was all that was missing . Which gave us some false hope !  ) 

With the Stenny sending off , Jacko was introduced at half time and we all thought that would produce a more attacking style but our first real attempt at goal was around 85 mins. ...............It was also no coincidence that the performance only  improved slightly after about 75 mins when  Steve Campbell made his way round from the stand and got Dods to split up a rather compacted midfield to give the defence an out ball .  There seemed to be a sudden urgency from the bench at this point with Dods waving and shouting for the changes to be made.  Before this it was the usual stance with arms behind his back.   Still though , even with the introduction of Boris , we couldn't find a way to trouble Buzz in the Stenny goal. 

It must be said that Stenny were much more organised than us even with 10 men and didn't show signs of tiring . Their defence was solid and they held the ball well in midfield when they had to.  Their only weakness was up front.   

I do worry where we go from here as there seems to be a real lack of confidence in all the players.  No one seems to want to take control . They all just seem to want rid of the ball , mostly to the nearest player to them  and often  misplaced , behind the player or with too much pace for that player to do anything with.  Injuries and suspensions to key players don't help matters but that  should not be an excuse for lack of organisation on the park.  ..........................And we all know where that has to come from. 

Forget all the stories of no money . The bottom line is that Dods has some good players at his disposal but just doesn't seem to know what to do with them in my opinion.  
Fistly they don't look fit.  Especially Dene Shields who we were told was one of the fittest and sharpest at pre season training. 
Secondly there seems to be no game plan.  Yesterday he was forced to play a kind of 4 at the back formation  , which at times looked ok against a pretty poor Stenny attack ........but there seemed to be a lack of communication and a lot of mis placed passes and aimless punts . The midfield 5  seemed to be set up to try and stop Stenny playing rather than to create anything positive .........which possibly was why Shields looked out of sorts , having to try to do something with the occassional punt aimed at him.  ( ironically though there was one decent move in the first half when the ball was kept on the deck and a series of short sharp passes got us into their box but a shot at goal was all that was missing . Which gave us some false hope !  ) 
With the Stenny sending off , Jacko was introduced at half time and we all thought that would produce a more attacking style but our first real attempt at goal was around 85 mins. ...............It was also no coincidence that the performance only  improved slightly after about 75 mins when  Steve Campbell made his way round from the stand and got Dods to split up a rather compacted midfield to give the defence an out ball .  There seemed to be a sudden urgency from the bench at this point with Dods waving and shouting for the changes to be made.  Before this it was the usual stance with arms behind his back.   Still though , even with the introduction of Boris , we couldn't find a way to trouble Buzz in the Stenny goal. 
It must be said that Stenny were much more organised than us even with 10 men and didn't show signs of tiring . Their defence was solid and they held the ball well in midfield when they had to.  Their only weakness was up front.   
I do worry where we go from here as there seems to be a real lack of confidence in all the players.  No one seems to want to take control . They all just seem to want rid of the ball , mostly to the nearest player to them  and often  misplaced , behind the player or with too much pace for that player to do anything with.  Injuries and suspensions to key players don't help matters but that  should not be an excuse for lack of organisation on the park.  ..........................And we all know where that has to come from. 

Good post on the point about Stevie. When we played United in pre season Dods wasn't there and Stevie and the assistant were taking the team there was a big difference as I said before that was the best I had seen us play on a long time we were getting forward passing the ball about it was great. Then Dods comes back for the next friendly and it's back to the same old shite

It certainly is not good to see us struggling already. Haven't managed to get to a game yet but have heard already about the anti football with 5 at the back and lack of shape throughout the team hence the reason for conceding goals.

If Doddsey got the bullet who would you want to see in? Young enthusiastic manager or an experienced one?

21 minutes ago, Gold Dust said:

It certainly is not good to see us struggling already. Haven't managed to get to a game yet but have heard already about the anti football with 5 at the back and lack of shape throughout the team hence the reason for conceding goals.

If Doddsey got the bullet who would you want to see in? Young enthusiastic manager or an experienced one?

There is lots of ex managers commentating on the radio on a Saturday afternoon .Personally I think they should try and get Peter Houston.

9 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

There is lots of ex managers commentating on the radio on a Saturday afternoon .Personally I think they should try and get Peter Houston.

He would be great for us but would he want to come to brechin?

John mcglynn

mark wilson

anybody is batter than Dods