Brechin City 2018 /19

9 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Finn was never going to get any extra money as there was an obvious clash between him and Dods. Both were happy to see the back of each other. 

As for the signings I am really dismayed.  It has been mentioned that the signings were made in haste because of the rule that you can't play trialists in the league cup.  I feel that is no excuse as the manager and management committee are all aware of the rules which have been in place for a number of years and should have been better prepared.  

By  preparation , I mean Dods and his staff had at least 6 months to prepare for this league and target the players they felt would do a job . Why then  the panic signings in the last few weeks ?  

Fitness wise too , I think the team are so far behind that it was little wonder we got humped on Wednesday.  Passing was very weak and half hearted, players were getting caught out of position , tackles were late and we resorted to just lumping it forward just to get rid of the ball.   These are all signs of a team who are not fit and not capable of performing at their best .

These issues have to be addressed quickly or we will continue to plummet on and off the field. 

And that's a statement from a total diehard. He's right it's getting worrying .

Henry and Daily are short term signings to help get through the Betfred Cup, whether they stay beyond this or not is another question.

There is still time to sign players but the ones that would most likely make an impact will have already been snapped up.

Not sure where we go from here.

I am prepared to give it till the internal break and then comment.

Finn was never going to get any extra money as there was an obvious clash between him and Dods. Both were happy to see the back of each other. 

As for the signings I am really dismayed.  It has been mentioned that the signings were made in haste because of the rule that you can't play trialists in the league cup.  I feel that is no excuse as the manager and management committee are all aware of the rules which have been in place for a number of years and should have been better prepared.  

By  preparation , I mean Dods and his staff had at least 6 months to prepare for this league and target the players they felt would do a job . Why then  the panic signings in the last few weeks ?  

Fitness wise too , I think the team are so far behind that it was little wonder we got humped on Wednesday.  Passing was very weak and half hearted, players were getting caught out of position , tackles were late and we resorted to just lumping it forward just to get rid of the ball.   These are all signs of a team who are not fit and not capable of performing at their best .

These issues have to be addressed quickly or we will continue to plummet on and off the field. 

And that's a statement from a total diehard. He's right it's getting worrying .

That was exactly what I was thinking when reading toh's rant.

Usually one of the more "glass half full" supporters.

Worrying times indeed.

Okay, I'll pass comment on yesterdays game.

For all those who said we could not defend, I think yesterday showed we can but it relied on our Keeper being MOM and ten behind the ball. We were so deep we were in the Tay!

No out ball. Folk can shout at our forward guys as much as they like but they were told to hang back just as the midfield was. The amount of times midfielders were standing next to our centre half's was unbelievable. Luckily Dundee had nothing like the cutting edge of Dunfermline and seemed content to play walking football and they got two lucky goals; a misplaced cross and a deflection.

I understand the desire not to get another pumping but if this is how we are setting up it is going to be another long and tedious season.

I am of the understanding that Boris, Henry and Dailly are all short term signings but if nothing else is forthcoming then we will have to go with them. Not sure where reinforcements are coming from and would be surprised if Dods can pull a couple of signings out the bag.

It was plain to see that Dundee were not that good but we allowed them to look better than they were by sitting back and watching - for all purposes it was a training exercise. Thought we could have changed formation in second half and made some attempt - but no. It was not until we were forced into a back 4 after yet more injuries that we got into Dundee's box. 

All in all another show that either Dods cant read the game or is too stubborn to change the set up.

Till next time...………...

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

Okay, I'll pass comment on yesterdays game.

For all those who said we could not defend, I think yesterday showed we can but it relied on our Keeper being MOM and ten behind the ball. We were so deep we were in the Tay!

No out ball. Folk can shout at our forward guys as much as they like but they were told to hang back just as the midfield was. The amount of times midfielders were standing next to our centre half's was unbelievable. Luckily Dundee had nothing like the cutting edge of Dunfermline and seemed content to play walking football and they got two lucky goals; a misplaced cross and a deflection.

I understand the desire not to get another pumping but if this is how we are setting up it is going to be another long and tedious season.

I am of the understanding that Boris, Henry and Dailly are all short term signings but if nothing else is forthcoming then we will have to go with them. Not sure where reinforcements are coming from and would be surprised if Dods can pull a couple of signings out the bag.

It was plain to see that Dundee were not that good but we allowed them to look better than they were by sitting back and watching - for all purposes it was a training exercise. Thought we could have changed formation in second half and made some attempt - but no. It was not until we were forced into a back 4 after yet more injuries that we got into Dundee's box. 

All in all another show that either Dods cant read the game or is too stubborn to change the set up.

Till next time...………...

We showed more desire to win the pre season friendly against Dundee. 

Shields is gonna get pelters but it's exactly same as Isaacs fate last year , no one supporting him . Although Shields body language suggests he could nt give 2 hoots.. 

Orsi s actually looking at wee bit bethere this season so far but no use him running past a couple guys then no one to pass too . 

Surely we can get a couple loan guys in too gee the place up . 

Was at yesterday’s game and above is pretty spot on... my thoughts are there is a lack of pace in the team.... nobody who will be able to get behind the defence and cause problems and excite the supporters (a Bobby Barr, Trouts from a few seasons ago).
We need someone like that who will make the supporters get excited when they get the ball that their feet and run at defenders ... it may not work 8 time out of 10 but the 2 time it does is what make going to a game worth while.
I’m afraid There is no excitement there at the moment.

6 minutes ago, City_slicker1906 said:

Was at yesterday’s game and above is pretty spot on... my thoughts are there is a lack of pace in the team.... nobody who will be able to get behind the defence and cause problems and excite the supporters (a Bobby Barr, Trouts from a few seasons ago).
We need someone like that who will make the supporters get excited when they get the ball that their feet and run at defenders ... it may not work 8 time out of 10 but the 2 time it does is what make going to a game worth while.
I’m afraid There is no excitement there at the moment.

Been that way for about 2 years now. .................... Hence the dwindling home support. 

Think people are being a bit harsh on shields to be honest , I think he’s been fine, isolated the last 2 games but one of the better players the first 2 games, 

we really are a boring team to watch when we don’t need to be we have players who can be exciting 

kalvin out wide is a cracking player, delivery could be better but he’s young 

sinclair: goal scoring midfielder Dods won’t play him!!! 

Tapping can go box to box as can smith

burns likes to get forward from full back as does pabz 

Jackson is quality and I think him and shields will link up well

big mcgeever and hill a solid base,

thats in a 4-4-2 but Dods persists in a 3-5-2/ 5-3-2 it’s chronic to watch, 

i do blame Dods for last year and I do blame him for how we are playing but I will give him my support the first 5 league games, if he starts bad he’s a goner 

I don’t know why Dods persists in playing 5 at the back as he clearly has no idea how to make it work! He played that formation for almost the entirety of last season and we couldn’t win a game!

I can almost handle poor results if we are at least playing good football and attacking teams. At the moment we are so dire to watch and we’re being beaten comfortably as well.

Can’t see us starting the season well I’m afraid. I really worry if we don’t get off to a good start.

35 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:
2 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:
If things don't get better and the committee don't do any thing surely if the season ticket holders get together and ask for a meeting with them they have to as they keep saying we own the club

Wasn't that what the AGM was for?

You are correct although EGM's  are not uncommon ! ;)

It has been noted that neither the manager or management committee were challenged at all at the AGM  which is quite unusual given the season we endured.  

You are correct although EGM's  are not uncommon ! [emoji6]
It has been noted that neither the manager or management committee were challenged at all at the AGM  which is quite unusual given the season we endured.  
Aye but the AGM was less than 3 weeks ago. Surely most folk would've had some idea of what was coming.

I've said all along Dodds is useless and now it looks like the mafia are now turning against him.He will never be sacked as the committee don't have the balls to do it and he will never walk because he is too thick.Slowly the club is being run into the ground and before we know it we will be in the Highland League.The dwindling home crowd is just a start.