Brechin City 2018 /19

Tbf the likes of ESPN, Football Bible and other such sites all had an article last season highlighting them going a season without winning. 
The BBC also highlighted them on the Sport page, so the whole of the UK will have seen it. 

There’s a couple Brazilians at my work just now one of which is very into football and plays in a part time team over there. He saw a map of where we are based and saw brechin, he pointed and asked ‘no win last season’

Don’t know how anyone can judge Boris based on last night when we were camped in our own half and when he did get the ball he was surrounded by about 3 defenders with no support.

Thought Brennan looked poor and should have done better with at least a few of the goals.

We can’t go on playing this drivel for much longer.

5 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

In The Sun today Dods : "We never turned up till after 8pm " 

Eh Darren we lost 5 goals after 8pm.  

Your signing s are poor I'm sorry . Hill was decent and Boris tried but the rest oh dear . 

But it's okay your jobs safe enough as City fans thoughts count for nothing. 

I have always been of the opinion that last season was a free season for all involved at Brechin. We have now lost more than half that team and brought in new signings that, to be honest, haven't  set the heather on fire so far. These are not bad players, and need time to blend.................. Dods is not the man to galvanise this team.

After last night, we are now in a position that things need sorted......and fast.

Dods now has to leave. There is very little or any positives to be taken from the way Dods has set this team out to play.....no width, very little outlet & threat up front and, HIS SUPPOSED STRENGTH defending..... there is no excuse for the way we give away goals.

Bring in someone to get the best out of the players we have NOW......... Before it is to late.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

See above - it got you headlines for about a day and now everyone's forgotten about you again.  The 7-1 last night probably flashed up on SSN and nobody in England/Wales or Northern Ireland gave a f**k.

By all means slate your team/management/board if you feel they're not performing, but I don't think you need to worry about the UK laughing at you.

We have had you, Virgin Ton  and that marsh fucker fae Falkirk all on here already .  Some folk obviously do remember and are desperate for us not to forget it !! ;)

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have had you, Virgin Ton  and that marsh fucker fae Falkirk all on here already .  Some folk obviously do remember and are desperate for us not to forget it !! ;)

I haven't said anything against Brechin here, if anything I'm defending you a wee bit! VT and a guy from Falkirk are Scottish football fans, my point was that folk outside of Scotland largely could not give a monkeys what Brechin are up to and most certainly aren't laughing at you.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

Don’t know how anyone can judge Boris based on last night when we were camped in our own half and when he did get the ball he was surrounded by about 3 defenders with no support.

Thought Brennan looked poor and should have done better with at least a few of the goals.

We can’t go on playing this drivel for much longer.

Exactly.  Dene Shields  was meant to be our headline signing !!! :lol:  Dods boasted to  us at the season ticket night that Shields  was by far the fittest player of the bunch .  Based on last night if that was the case then our training regime must be pretty shit. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I haven't said anything against Brechin here, if anything I'm defending you a wee bit! VT and a guy from Falkirk are Scottish football fans, my point was that folk outside of Scotland largely could not give a monkeys what Brechin are up to and most certainly aren't laughing at you.

Likewise I wasn't accusing you of saying anything bad , just giving examples of folk who take an interest for whatever reason. 

Like other City fans on here I have had messages from ex workmates and friends from down south and  from America all telling me that our  bad luck is continuing this season. 

Sorry but our reputation has gone worldwide.    Thank you very much  for that  Darren :(!

as was said earlier , it,s early doors and part-time out fit v a very good full-time outfit on a high that should have hammered a  Premeirship DUNDEE side on there own patch - yes a great win for Dunfermline - and it will be shite for a few days , but don,t beat yursels up guys . I sure Brechin when the get there shit together will come on to a game and have a gid season  ! ( we,ve bben there a few times over the years , I remember Celtic beating us 8-1 at EEP  years ago in the Prem)  - keep the faith !.

40 minutes ago, Valley Par said:

as was said earlier , it,s early doors and part-time out fit v a very good full-time outfit on a high that should have hammered a  Premeirship DUNDEE side on there own patch - yes a great win for Dunfermline - and it will be shite for a few days , but don,t beat yursels up guys . I sure Brechin when the get there shit together will come on to a game and have a gid season  ! ( we,ve bben there a few times over the years , I remember Celtic beating us 8-1 at EEP  years ago in the Prem)  - keep the faith !.

This was all said last season...........all the way to Christmas .........then folk realised that maybe it was more than just bad luck !!! :(

I heard one revelation last weekend about a potential loan signing which would be the mother of all loan signings but I just can't see us pulling it off.

This world beater still in the picture? Who was it out of interest?

That's what everyone said when we signed Roddy Grant to play alongside Chris Templeman .  Roddy proved abody wrong though.[emoji6]
Seemingly Shields has kept himself really fit  so hopefully that and his experience will prove invaluable 

How's his fitness doing? Scoring goals with they minutes racked up on the beep test?

A lot of people reading a bit too much into Dene’s age. Unless he’s gone rapidly downhill in the last year or so since he was last at Brechin he is strong and fit as a fiddle. Looked excellent for us in a struggling side at the time until he picked up an injury.

If he can stay fit I think he’ll be a good signing for us.

Fit as a fiddle apparently? How was he last night?

Was thinking the same when you signed Crighton  :thumsup2

I'm still keeping this quote btw.
Maybe should keep a goal total between Dene and Sean?

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

How's his fitness doing? Scoring goals with they minutes racked up on the beep test?

Regarding Shields,  we were told by Dods that he was one of the fittest  at training .   Going by last night  it shows how far behind the rest of the team must be  as Dene looked anything but fit. 

29 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ok you do that:thumsup2

On 26/07/2018 at 13:23, B.C.F.C. - ANGUS No 1 said:

I have always been of the opinion that last season was a free season for all involved at Brechin. We have now lost more than half that team and brought in new signings that, to be honest, haven't  set the heather on fire so far. These are not bad players, and need time to blend.................. Dods is not the man to galvanise this team.

After last night, we are now in a position that things need sorted......and fast.

Dods now has to leave. There is very little or any positives to be taken from the way Dods has set this team out to play.....no width, very little outlet & threat up front and, HIS SUPPOSED STRENGTH defending..... there is no excuse for the way we give away goals.

Bring in someone to get the best out of the players we have NOW......... Before it is to late.

Nonsense to be getting rid of him at this point, sorry. Last year was appalling, and fans are entitled to deserve better - much better - for their continued support and purchase of season tickets after that. But, if he didn't get punted in the close season then it makes no sense to do so now. We've had two decent performances, followed by an aberration, in which I'm sure he'd say he missed a few guys from his first XI

lets not forget this manager saved us from certain relegation (against all odds) and then got us promoted (ditto). 

having said that, the pressure has to be on for the league games. There are 5 til the first international break in early September, two against promoted teams. We should be setting a target of 10 points from those and then if we don't make that, I'd agree time to make a change before we get too deep into the season, setting up defensive and still losing. Thoughts??

Nonsense to be getting rid of him at this point, sorry. Last year was appalling, and fans are entitled to deserve better - much better - for their continued support and purchase of season tickets after that. But, if he didn't get punted in the close season then it makes no sense to do so now. We've had two decent performances, followed by an aberration, in which I'm sure he'd say he missed a few guys from his first XI
lets not forget this manager saved us from certain relegation (against all odds) and then got us promoted (ditto). 
having said that, the pressure has to be on for the league games. There are 5 til the first international break in early September, two against promoted teams. We should be setting a target of 10 points from those and then if we don't make that, I'd agree time to make a change before we get too deep into the season, setting up defensive and still losing. Thoughts??

Thoughts?

Personally I just thought

Hi Darren

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thoughts?

Personally I just thought

Hi Darren

Last of those 5 is against you. If we don't have 10 points at 4.50 on 1st September I/Darren Dods will give you a greenie back and Darren (not me) will buy you and all your crowd a round in tutties

Last of those 5 is against you. If we don't have 10 points at 4.50 on 1st September I/Darren Dods will give you a greenie back and Darren (not me) will buy you and all your crowd a round in tutties

Haha very kind of you. 10 points from 5 games seems pretty ambitious though, I don’t drink but I’m sure some of Tutties patrons would enjoy that offer.

Personally don’t think Dodds has done great recruiting wise looking in from the outside, but then again don’t know budgets etc.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Haha very kind of you. 10 points from 5 games seems pretty ambitious though, I don’t drink but I’m sure some of Tutties patrons would enjoy that offer.

Personally don’t think Dodds has done great recruiting wise looking in from the outside, but then again don’t know budgets etc.

Budget was slashed .Finn Graham was looking for extra £20 a week club could nt afford it . 

I ve never been one for sacking managers but fact is we keep losing games and since Xmas it's been by 4 , 5 s and now a 7 . 

It was mentioned we played well first 2 cup games but a draw at home against A league 2 side who have yet to score and a by all accounts decent display against another league 2 side .The guys he's signed just don t look up to this level . I would love to be proved wrong starting today . 

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Budget was slashed .Finn Graham was looking for extra £20 a week club could nt afford it . 

I ve never been one for sacking managers but fact is we keep losing games and since Xmas it's been by 4 , 5 s and now a 7 . 

It was mentioned we played well first 2 cup games but a draw at home against A league 2 side who have yet to score and a by all accounts decent display against another league 2 side .The guys he's signed just don t look up to this level . I would love to be proved wrong starting today . 

Finn was never going to get any extra money as there was an obvious clash between him and Dods. Both were happy to see the back of each other. 

As for the signings I am really dismayed.  It has been mentioned that the signings were made in haste because of the rule that you can't play trialists in the league cup.  I feel that is no excuse as the manager and management committee are all aware of the rules which have been in place for a number of years and should have been better prepared.  

By  preparation , I mean Dods and his staff had at least 6 months to prepare for this league and target the players they felt would do a job . Why then  the panic signings in the last few weeks ?  

Fitness wise too , I think the team are so far behind that it was little wonder we got humped on Wednesday.  Passing was very weak and half hearted, players were getting caught out of position , tackles were late and we resorted to just lumping it forward just to get rid of the ball.   These are all signs of a team who are not fit and not capable of performing at their best .

These issues have to be addressed quickly or we will continue to plummet on and off the field.