Brechin City 2018 /19

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thanks guys, you always know how to make us look like absolute world beaters x

I actually said to another guy who left at halftime it was difficult to say how good or bad Dunfermline were because we were so bad, anyway hope you lot do have a great season best away supporters that come to Glebe Park

Never mind though , at least Dods had the decency to take off the only player who looked like he gave a shit  (Boris) to save him from further humiliation. 

That was one of the few times Dods uncrossed his arms and moved from the edge of the dugout. 

Embarrassing stuff.   Can't wait to hear his excuses. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any of the players taking selfies on the pitch before the game yesterday? 

Never mind, I'm sure there'll be some great laughs on the supporters bus this season! 

The most blatant  thing is that Dods picked up  most of his  football knowledge at Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Never mind though , at least Dods had the decency to take off the only player who looked like he gave a shit  (Boris) to save him from further humiliation. 

That was one of the few times Dods uncrossed his arms and moved from the edge of the dugout. 

Embarrassing stuff.   Can't wait to hear his excuses. 

In The Sun today Dods : "We never turned up till after 8pm " 

Eh Darren we lost 5 goals after 8pm.  

Your signing s are poor I'm sorry . Hill was decent and Boris tried but the rest oh dear . 

But it's okay your jobs safe enough as City fans thoughts count for nothing. 

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

In The Sun today Dods : "We never turned up till after 8pm " 

Eh Darren we lost 5 goals after 8pm.  

Your signing s are poor I'm sorry . Hill was decent and Boris tried but the rest oh dear . 

But it's okay your jobs safe enough as City fans thoughts count for nothing. 

I’ll give you hill being good and getting pass marks, which is crazy considering we lost 7 goals but I don’t think he could of done anything about any of them, but Boris is worse than Issac and he was the worst player I’d ever seen in a brechin shirt

38 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

I’ll give you hill being good and getting pass marks, which is crazy considering we lost 7 goals but I don’t think he could of done anything about any of them, but Boris is worse than Issac and he was the worst player I’d ever seen in a brechin shirt

Not been a supporter long then .Boris never hid he tried .Did nt have much support much like Isaac last season .

Not overly convinced by the new keeper ether but then he has no protection in front of him. Dunfermline are a very good team and I'm sure will be challenging at the top of the table. But our defence was utter shite for a team that has a manager who played as a defender at a high level we can't defend. He's not the right man for the job should have made the change at the end of the season. But we are where we are and I'll still be there on Saturday

59 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Not been a supporter long then .Boris never hid he tried .Did nt have much support much like Isaac last season .

So Isaac was good?

We played two up top,  so wasn’t isolated

boris tried??? He ran about that’s it tho!  I could get a 60 year old from the Stand to play up top he would try also ,that doesn’t mean he is good, he gave the ball away everytime he got it didn’t like up and didn’t have a shot at goal, are you happy with that, he’s no where good enough for this league, a bit like Isaac last year

Fusco James dale/ moreno. worse

Watt/ Henry. worse

Trouts/Isaac. worse

buzz/ Brennan. worse

burns/ Dyer. worse but still ok

we lost finn also who I’m not a big fan of but he is better than we have 

it been a gradual decline since we got promoted. A year of dross and now he’s signed even worse players, it’s laughable how bad he’s been

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Don't mean in this a snidey way or that but I highly doubt anyone outside of Scotland is taking notice of Brechin City and their results.

Tbf the likes of ESPN, Football Bible and other such sites all had an article last season highlighting them going a season without winning. 

The BBC also highlighted them on the Sport page, so the whole of the UK will have seen it. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Don't mean in this a snidey way or that but I highly doubt anyone outside of Scotland is taking notice of Brechin City and their results.

The nation's press were at The Glebe last game of the season to see if we could manage a winless season and we duly obliged with a 5 1 defeat the 1 being our first goal in 13 games or something stupid .

Soccer Saturday mentioned it weekly it was well documented.  

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf the likes of ESPN, Football Bible and other such sites all had an article last season highlighting them going a season without winning. 

The BBC also highlighted them on the Sport page, so the whole of the UK will have seen it. 

Obviously something like that will get headlines, but I'll be shocked if many south of the border even remembers it or is in the least bit bothered about what Brechin are up to now. Certainly, there isn't a huge crowd of English/Welsh/Northern Irish pundits queuing up to point and laugh at Brechin for a 7-1 pre-season cup defeat to a full time team.

Just now, CITY1974 said:

The nation's press were at The Glebe last game of the season to see if we could manage a winless season and we duly obliged with a 5 1 defeat the 1 being our first goal in 13 games or something stupid .

Soccer Saturday mentioned it weekly it was well documented.  

See above - it got you headlines for about a day and now everyone's forgotten about you again.  The 7-1 last night probably flashed up on SSN and nobody in England/Wales or Northern Ireland gave a f**k.

By all means slate your team/management/board if you feel they're not performing, but I don't think you need to worry about the UK laughing at you.

25 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

So Isaac was good?

We played two up top,  so wasn’t isolated

boris tried??? He ran about that’s it tho!  I could get a 60 year old from the Stand to play up top he would try also ,that doesn’t mean he is good, he gave the ball away everytime he got it didn’t like up and didn’t have a shot at goal, are you happy with that, he’s no where good enough for this league, a bit like Isaac last year

Fusco James dale/ moreno. worse

Watt/ Henry. worse

Trouts/Isaac. worse

buzz/ Brennan. worse

burns/ Dyer. worse but still ok

we lost finn also who I’m not a big fan of but he is better than we have 

it been a gradual decline since we got promoted. A year of dross and now he’s signed even worse players, it’s laughable how bad he’s been

I'm not arguing one bit with you his latest signings are certainly not League 1 standard.  

Personally I did nt mind Isaac I thought he got a raw deal sometimes . But that's my opinion .

But I agree with the rest of what your saying.I d cut Boris some slack give him 6 - 10 games then see what like .