Brechin City 2018 /19

7 hours ago, underpar said:

Welcome to both Boris and Morena  hope your stay here is a productive one. Now on to the above committee guy . Was he speaking about Boris or is there another striker being lined up  ( i do hope its the latter ) or are you blowing stoor up our collective arses ?

No he said a striker with a proven goal scoring record . Honestly . I see Boris played for Leek Town but no stats on his goals etc.  

Jamie Henry ex U20s Aberdeen captain has signed for us too and apparently he was at Arbroath for a while

He’s ok. But I’d be very surprised if he’s anywhere near as good as Graham, who OTH has been spending time slagging on our thread the last week. Can fill in at full back but is primarily a central midfielder.

He’s ok. But I’d be very surprised if he’s anywhere near as good as Graham, who OTH has been spending time slagging on our thread the last week. Can fill in at full back but is primarily a central midfielder.
Think he will be more of a back up to be honest. But yeah no idea why he's slaging Fin really liked him one of our stand out players last season would have liked him to stay but he thought he was too good to us and thought he could go to a full time team which clearly backfired on him bit you have a good player there

14 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Much enthusiasm about tomorrow's game then? Looking forward to a fresh start. I was thinking of bringing the elder loon along  - he's never yet seen City win, tho he won't be alone in that... or would I better giving it a few games first in case it puts him off forever??

How old is your loon" 21" :rolleyes:

Went along to the game yesterday and must say I don't have a lot of optimism for the season ahead if we are continuing to play with such defensive tactics against teams of around the same level. Yesterday we started with 5 in defence with 2 defensive midfielders in Smith and Morena playing in the middle! The only attacking minded players were Callum Tapping (at a push), Kalvin Orsi (don't know what he offers) and Dene Shields who looked to be struggling yesterday.

We did have chances with a shot being cleared off the line and another hitting the bar but this Peterhead team weren't up to much and were there for the taking. Why did we only use 2 subs when we had both Sinclair and Henry on the bench?

If this is how we are going to approach every game this season then our crowds are going to dwindle even further... it's absolutely dire to watch.

Edited by gm_1982

Yep, yesterday was poor, not sure where our goals are going to come from.

Yes it ends up with a 5 back line because our full backs are not good enough to be further up the park to join midfield or even further.

We did not look like conceding but offered nothing going forward.

Shields not at it yet. Orsi is not a striker - did slightly better when pushed out wide. Boris needs ball at feet or in the channel - not at head height - still need to see more of him to decide.

Central three defenders looked solid enough but had no pass out, Connor looked confident enough too in goals.

When Burns / Spark got up the park we created some opportunities but they were rare.

C Tapping had a poor game, Moreno looked good as a holding midfield but he should be the only one and E Smith blew hot and cold.

My main concern for the season is where are the goals doing to come from? We need something else up top or creating in midfield. I am led to believe Storie  is still training with us and trying to get fit.

And as for all those who moan about Dods - not one challenging question or disgruntled statement to him at the AGM. You had your chance so lets back him - for now. 

15 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

New signing for the game tomorrow Any ideas ?

1 hour ago, ewan_fife said:

Harvey Dailly

Using my top investigative skills:  Left-back who's just been released by Dundee Utd (came through their U17/U20).  Made the bench twice over the entirety their most recent car crash of a league campaign, but had 3 appearances in the Irn Bru Cup (full 90 mins against Cowden & Alloa and a late sub vs Linfield).

Son of Christian Dailly though, so league title in the bag.  8)

Edited by Hedgecutter

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Using my top investigative skills:  Left-back who's just been released by Dundee Utd (came through their U17/U20).  Made the bench twice over the entirety their most recent car crash of a league campaign, but had 3 appearances in the Irn Bru Cup (full 90 mins against Cowden & Alloa and a late sub vs Linfield).

Good to sign another defender though .

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Subject to international clearance coming through, there will be a new signing in the squad for the game, but is likely to start on the substitutes bench. "

Does he need international clearance before he signs ?

Seems plausible enough. Will be a project though, and as someone else said, presumably wouldn't need international clearance. Here's a wild stab: Farid el Alagui?? I read that he went back to France after leaving Edinburgh at the end of last season but he's only 32 and was with Dods at Falkirk when he was banging them in a few years back? Would fit the profile. 

23 minutes ago, Infirmary Street said:

Seems plausible enough. Will be a project though, and as someone else said, presumably wouldn't need international clearance. Here's a wild stab: Farid el Alagui?? I read that he went back to France after leaving Edinburgh at the end of last season but he's only 32 and was with Dods at Falkirk when he was banging them in a few years back? Would fit the profile. 

His last club was Edinburgh City so he wouldn't need clearance. He's also completely finished as a footballer.