Brechin City 2018 /19

47 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Was he the guy playing no 4 in the last 2 games ? If so I was quite impressed with him

Bearing in mind that Callum Tapping is mixed race, and number 4 was white.  It's safe to say that the mixed race defender playing at number 6 is Jordan Tapping :P

We’ve done ok through pre-season especially when you consider we’ve not had anything near a settler squad and loads of trialists.

My concern however is Dods reluctance to move away from the 5 at the back. It’s absolutely dire to watch and it doesn’t work for us. There is no width whatsoever.

I’d be happy with the signings of Mellingui and Morena but still think we are a couple of quality players short of a play-off push I’d say. An attacking midfielder and another striker in my opinion.

We’ve done ok through pre-season especially when you consider we’ve not had anything near a settler squad and loads of trialists.

My concern however is Dods reluctance to move away from the 5 at the back. It’s absolutely dire to watch and it doesn’t work for us. There is no width whatsoever.

I’d be happy with the signings of Mellingui and Morena but still think we are a couple of quality players short of a play-off push I’d say. An attacking midfielder and another striker in my opinion.
Agree with this about the 5 at the back the first half against United we played a 4 4 2 and it was great gave them a right go and was great to watch. Next game we go back to a 5 and and was so boring to watch. Still not convinced Dods is the right man for the job but got to give him a Chance and hopefully I'm proved wrong

17 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Any word on Jacko? Is he still injured?

Jacko s nowhere near ready they ve only just diagnosed his problem.  Last I'd heard he d really ballooned as he's not managing training so if this is true could be 3/4 months yet .

On a more cheerier note we re away to sign a goalscorer don t know who though 

Jacko s nowhere near ready they ve only just diagnosed his problem.  Last I'd heard he d really ballooned as he's not managing training so if this is true could be 3/4 months yet .
Ah ok didn't realise it was that bad shame. Hmm herd that before believe it when I see it

33 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

I think the club have to think seriously about the Jacko scenario.  How long can they hang on waiting in the hope that he will get back to full fitness ?  Is there a chance that he won't return to full fitness ?  

As much as I would love to see him return , I think even the most sentimental among us realise that we can't keep paying wages to a player who misses most of a season. 

I think the club have to think seriously about the Jacko scenario.  How long can they hang on waiting in the hope that he will get back to full fitness ?  Is there a chance that he won't return to full fitness ?  
As much as I would love to see him return , I think even the most sentimental among us realise that we can't keep paying wages to a player who misses most of a season. 
That's a very good point the money could be spent better on another player. Guess we might find out tomorrow night