Brechin City 2018 /19

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Dene Shields must be getting on a bit now.

That's what everyone said when we signed Roddy Grant to play alongside Chris Templeman .  Roddy proved abody wrong though.;)

Seemingly Shields has kept himself really fit  so hopefully that and his experience will prove invaluable 

9 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That's what everyone said when we signed Roddy Grant to play alongside Chris Templeman .  Roddy proved abody wrong though.;)

Seemingly Shields has kept himself really fit  so hopefully that and his experience will prove invaluable 

Roddy Grant was 33 and still playing Scottish League football with Ayr though. Dene Shields has been in the wilderness for the last 8 years and is now 35. I'm quite surprised that's the market Brechin are in, I thought by clearing debts last year there would be a bit of a push from you guys but I doubt Dene Shields is filling many teams with dread.

A lot of people reading a bit too much into Dene’s age. Unless he’s gone rapidly downhill in the last year or so since he was last at Brechin he is strong and fit as a fiddle. Looked excellent for us in a struggling side at the time until he picked up an injury.

If he can stay fit I think he’ll be a good signing for us.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Roddy Grant was 33 and still playing Scottish League football with Ayr though. Dene Shields has been in the wilderness for the last 8 years and is now 35. I'm quite surprised that's the market Brechin are in, I thought by clearing debts last year there would be a bit of a push from you guys but I doubt Dene Shields is filling many teams with dread.

Opinions are just that.  The proof will be seen after the serious ball is kicked.   I just hope you are proved wrong.  :unsure2:

Saying that , I hope most coaches / managers have the same opinion as you and take us for granted. 8)

3 hours ago, 'Steve said:

If he can stay fit I think he’ll be a good signing for us.

That's my concern.  We already have Jackson who missed the majority of last season through injury and has previous.  Shields is 35 and will likely struggle to play week in, week out.

Hopefully we can get McLennan back on loan and I'll feel much more confident.

That's my concern.  We already have Jackson who missed the majority of last season through injury and has previous.  Shields is 35 and will likely struggle to play week in, week out.
Hopefully we can get McLennan back on loan and I'll feel much more confident.

Unless Dene has rapidly gone downhill since 2 years ago he will probably be one of our fittest players, so don’t have any concerns about him playing week in week out. We shall see though.

Unless Dene has rapidly gone downhill since 2 years ago he will probably be one of our fittest players, so don’t have any concerns about him playing week in week out. We shall see though.

What happens when he gets peed off and wants back to Malta come November.

18 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:
1 hour ago, 'Steve said:

What happens when he gets peed off and wants back to Malta come November.

Unless he has a release clause , he will be under contract with Brechin. 

Dene Shields would've been an excellent signing  3 or 4 years ago,at 35 years old just think its a waste of a signing.So far Dodds hasn't excited me with his signings,can't wait to watch the first couple of pre-season friendlies to see what or how things are going to be different from last season.

That’s Liam watt signed for East fife, I’ve not seen him play for a few years still decent ?

Overweight and unfit throughout the whole of last season. If he can shed a stone or two he’d be a good addition but until then, no.

That’s Liam watt signed for East fife, I’ve not seen him play for a few years still decent ?
Yep good player broke his arm in a pre season game last year and never got himself up to desired fitness level..I was disappointed he was let go